Magic Bands Question

disney206313

Original Poster
My family has been selected for the MyMagic+ testing during our vacation in June later this month, including Magic Bands. The website gives you the option to select a fastpass for a maximum of three attractions throughout the day. Will I also be available to pickup regular fast passes from other rides during the hours that we haven't scheduled a fast pass for?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My family has been selected for the MyMagic+ testing during our vacation in June later this month, including Magic Bands. The website gives you the option to select a fastpass for a maximum of three attractions throughout the day. Will I also be available to pickup regular fast passes from other rides during the hours that we haven't scheduled a fast pass for?

The regular FP doesn't work with Magic Bands. Its either the test with the 3 FP+ choices or don't do the test and use regular FP.

lazyboy97o

The MagicBands do not work with the existing FastPass machines. If they let you do more via MyMagic+ is probably not going to be known until testing starts, but I believe the answer was still "no" in previous tests of FastPass+.

Sneezy62

You are the guinea pig, you'll likely have to tell us! Full trip report is now required :).

ETA: Some are saying that FPs wil be available, The general consensus is no. Any news you can tell the board would be greatly appreciated I'm sure. I think yours is the first report I've seen of someone being selected to test magicbands.

Soarin2u

Edit: Once they are fully installed you cannot select tickets online. The fast pass machines will work with the bands by then.. Currently now the bands are online only fast passes, which are a huge advantage actually. Unless you get a card, the machines there are not eligible for use.

lazyboy97o

Edit: Once they are fully installed you cannot select tickets online. The fast pass machines will work with the bands by then.. Currently now the bands are online only fast passes, which are a huge advantage actually. Unless you get a card, the machines there are not eligible for use.
The existing machines will be removed, not upgraded, when FastPass+ goes online.

Soarin2u

The existing machines will be removed, not upgraded, when FastPass+ goes online.

Whaaa ,everything I was told by my cousin (works at Disney now at popcorn stand)was a lie!? O: Should have never considered her as a reliable source anyways.... CM's are never to be trusted.....

lazyboy97o

Whaaa ,everything I was told by my cousin (works at Disney now at popcorn stand)was a lie!? O: Should have never considered her as a reliable source anyways.... CM's are never to be trusted.....
Once MyMagic+ is fully rolled out, the kiosks will be pointless. Why walk across the park when you can just get on your smartphone or go to one of the stations that will allow access to your reservations?

Soarin2u

Once MyMagic+ is fully rolled out, the kiosks will be pointless. Why walk across the park when you can just get on your smartphone or go to one of the stations that will allow access to your reservations?
Yes, I understand. Sadly I was idiotic enough to think that they'd keep the kiosks. Maybe a part of me doesn't want to see them go. ...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
:D For some reason I'm not big on the concept either... Maybe carrying around a bulky band doesn't appeal to me...

I'd actually like the beta test it. I am the first to admit when I am wrong...and if it's truly as great as they say, I wanna help be part of the team that helps make it better for actual launch so it succeeds!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

So is the test for any three attractions or are they grouped choices, like one E ticket etc?

ddrongowski

Spoke with Disney last night about the whole fastpass+ system. Here are the questions I asked and the answers they gave back.
Sounds like a smartphone is really required to get the most out of this? Yes a smart phone really is required, but is not... If you do not use a smartphone, you will go to guest relations to get, modify, change, link, unlink your fastpasses.

I see they mention kiosks for ticketless fastpasses, if you do not have a smartphone. There are no kiosks, guest relations at the park will be were you go to get your fastpasses, etc...
But how does it notify you if you do not have a smartphone? While you are at guest relations at the park, they will tell you the times of your fastpass+.
Does it give you a ticket at the kiosk? No there are no kiosks, but guest relations the park will tell you the times.
How many of these kiosks are there? Zero.
How fast is it to use one of these kiosks (think about the problems people have at simple to use self checkouts at grocery or walmart stores)? Since there are no kiosks and guest relations at the park will handle the issuing, modifications, linking, unlinking, etc of the fastpass+. It will depend on how busy guest relations at the park is.
Do I have to wait for a certain amount of time between kiosk visits? There are no kiosks for fastpass+ it is handled by guest relations at the park.
Also it sounded like you can get these ticketless fastpasses prior to entering the park, won't this just empty the fastpasses out within minutes (think of how fast they disappear for toy story in Disney Studios)? 60 days before arrival WDW guest may get 3 fastpass+ for a park, per day. Only 1 park per day not more then 1. Also the fastpass+ and existing fastpass system is not presently linked, so it is possible that double the amount of fastpasses will be issued in the beginning. Later the 2 fastpass systems will be linked, and yes it will be possible that non WDW resort guests will not be able to obtain a fastpass. Also WDW resort guests that do not utilize the 60 day prior to arrival issuing might not be able to obtain a fastpass.

ddrongowski

With the new system it is likely that getting a fastpass while in the park will not be possible, even with a smartphone. After all 60 days prior to arrival WDW resort guests will be able to pre-get their fastpasses. The Disney employee I spoke with on the phone from Corporate was very informative. He even said to keep his direct phone number in case I had any more questions.

Master Gracey 5

Call me selfish, but if FastPass+ means that as a WDW resort guest I get access to FastPass while the day visitors are excluded, then this new system is winning me over.

Doesn't Universal do something similar for their resort guests already?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Call me selfish, but if FastPass+ means that as a WDW resort guest I get access to FastPass while the day visitors are excluded, then this new system is winning me over.

Doesn't Universal do something similar for their resort guests already?

Yes this is correct, but you can purchase the express for a fee, I think it's an additional 50 bucks per ticket per day.

I agree, I think that this is something that Universal did right as far as a true "perk" to staying onsite.
Disney offers transportation, which I think (although convenient for those who despise driving on vacation) is suuuuuub par compared to renting a car and EHM - which we all know can be hit or miss. Morning usually great, evenings, it can be sometimes more crowded than normal park hours....and guess what? Those times have been reduced as well as discontinuing monorail service for the last hour of EMH.....
So I "selfishly" agree with you!

dadddio

Yes, I understand. Sadly I was idiotic enough to think that they'd keep the kiosks. Maybe a part of me doesn't want to see them go. ...
They aren't going to keep the current kiosks, but there will be FP kiosks that will work with the MM+ system.

dadddio

With the new system it is likely that getting a fastpass while in the park will not be possible, even with a smartphone. After all 60 days prior to arrival WDW resort guests will be able to pre-get their fastpasses. The Disney employee I spoke with on the phone from Corporate was very informative. He even said to keep his direct phone number in case I had any more questions.
He was informative, but he contradicted official statements in a number of ways. One wonders if his 'information' was at all correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom