Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvin Coolidge

Australia as a DAK addition has never made much sense to me, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it was being considered.

Not sure what possible WS pavilion would be unpopular here, but I'm not holding my breath for actual construction at EPCOT that doesn't have a Pixar character tie-in.

Coolidge was a northern Yankee he never talked like that. Come on get in character ;)

Oh, I know. I'm a New Englander myself, temporarily living on the Mississippi. "Y'all" is just so useful!

Uncle Walt

Australia as a DAK addition has never made much sense to me, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it was being considered.

Not sure what possible WS pavilion would be unpopular here, but I'm not holding my breath for actual construction at EPCOT that doesn't have a Pixar character tie-in.

Oh, I know. I'm a New Englander myself, temporarily living on the Mississippi. "Y'all" is just so useful!
Technically it does have a connection

JT3000

Really now? Go on, get your money's worth with this argument you're instigating....

You could've just said, "I have no response," as I was perfectly succinct in my previous post.

Yes, I consider that poorly themed in comparison to Kingdom Krossing, AKA the Tangled Toilets.

Okay then. I'll eat at Springfield, you can eat in the Tangled Toilets. Everyone's content.

stevehousse

I have always said Australia would be a cool addition to animal kingdom! I can see a big reptile house/ride and also a kangaroo experience.

One of our local zoos has a kangaroo exhibit where you walk a trail and kangaroos hope mostly freely aroud the area! The paths are only blocked by ropes! It's really cool!

As for brazil! As long as they don't sell those annoying horns I will live with the addition...

doctornick

Why not? I would think something themed to the Outback with animals from that area would be perfectly reasonable. It obviously wouldn't be a replica of Sydney.

Not that I believe it is happening, but I would think it could go well.

71jason

Why not? I would think something themed to the Outback with animals from that area would be perfectly reasonable. It obviously wouldn't be a replica of Sydney.

Not that I believe it is happening, but I would think it could go well.

Throw in an off-the-shelf boomerang coaster, maybe another spinner, you pretty much have a land. Koala exhibit would be huge. Would give Nemo a logical home, too.

Brazil makes sense, too. Under the new visa laws, more Brazilians than visitors from any US state other than FL. And a signature Brazilian steakhouse could open just about 2 - 3 years behind the trend here in Orlando, which is about right for WDW. Take some of the pressure off Le Cellier/Ohana.

Of course, no offense Uncle Walt, but I'm still waiting for confirmation you're not a troll.

GLaDOS

Love all the hate Springfield is getting.

Vastly improved outdoor thematics, vastly improved dining options we've never seen at Universal Orlando, a fantastically themed Moe's bar, and an interior food court that's no better/worse themed than many, many, many Disney QS locations.

But you're all right. That's awful.

Not everything is going to be Potter or Be Our Guest.

Empress Room

The addition of Brazil to WS at Epcot does make sense. It would coincide with DCL's renovation of the Disney Magic in transforming Parrot Cay restaurant into the Brazilian-themed Carioca's. Clearly, Disney has identified Brazil as a demographic it wishes to concentrate on/exploit.

Generally, I find most of this discussion curious. No matter how you feel about Uncle Walt's rumors, and whether they are good ideas/bad ideas, true or false, if Disney actually does anything close to this (a new country in Epcot, Australia and Pandora at AK, Carsland and Monsters Inc at DHS and a new attraction or E ticket at MK), it will not only show the kind and type of reaction and commitment that so many have been hoping for given what Universal did and is doing with HP, it would likely be a broad-based "Potter Swatter" that folks also are looking for.

In other words, a significant financial commitment to each park (and Downtown Disney) of this magnitude, would be incredibly impressive and likely would stem the tide of what Universal would be doing on a much smaller - and land restricted - basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom