2013 Star Wars Weekends dates announced

ID3052

Just a heads up, Steve Sansweet will be at Star Wars Weekends this week!

For those of you that don't know, Steve is the President of Rancho Obi-Wan, the largest Star Wars Memoribilia Museum in the world. He is also former Director of Content Management and Head of Fan Relations for LucasFilm. He has also written 16 books on Star Wars and Star Wars Memoribilia!

He will be signing copies of his latest book all weekend from 1-2 PM. On Friday and Sunday he'll be signing at Darth's Mall and Saturday he'll be signing at the Writer's Stop. Knowing Steve, he'll also sign anything else you'd like him to as well.

He'll also be marching with the 501st Saturday and Sunday. He'll most likely be marching with the Imperial Officers!

If you get a chance to see him, stop by and say hi! He's a wonderful man who love to meet Star Wars Fans!

Steve

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just a heads up, Steve Sansweet will be at Star Wars Weekends this week!

For those of you that don't know, Steve is the President of Rancho Obi-Wan, the largest Star Wars Memoribilia Museum in the world. He is also former Director of Content Management and Head of Fan Relations for LucasFilm. He has also written 16 books on Star Wars and Star Wars Memoribilia!

He will be signing copies of his latest book all weekend from 1-2 PM. On Friday and Sunday he'll be signing at Darth's Mall and Saturday he'll be signing at the Writer's Stop. Knowing Steve, he'll also sign anything else you'd like him to as well.

He'll also be marching with the 501st Saturday and Sunday. He'll most likely be marching with the Imperial Officers!

If you get a chance to see him, stop by and say hi! He's a wonderful man who love to meet Star Wars Fans!

Steve
Thank's I'll look for him on Sunday!

ID3052

I forgot to mention that, last Saturday, the Rebel Legion had a special X-Wing Pilot marching with them!

Dan Cockerell, VP of Hollywood Studios, suited up and marched the SWW Parade with little to no fanfare! It was nice to see him mingling with the parade marchers and doing the same amount off waiting and suffering as everyone else. I give him a ton of credit for being connected to what was going on and not doing any thumb pointing! He took care of everyone backstage very well.

IMG_0879.JPG_06012013_0062 by cx8961, on Flickr

Steve

JawaLivin

I was there Sunday and we had a partial show due to the weather. The show started 15 minutes late as it rained lightly about 10 minutes before the show was due to start. The first part up to the Good Guys/Bad Guys vote was shown then the big finale was shown, the middle section was cut. About 5-10 minutes after the show concluded a big thunderstorm let loose, so it was wise that they chose to cut the middle section out, could have been dangerous for the audience. I was bummed as the middle part has a lot of my favorite parts of the show (and I had been standing waiting for the show since 4pm in front of the stage so I would be able to see). BUT it was awesome just being able to be there again and enjoy what was shown. It is an excellent show this year!

JawaLivin

I will be there for sure on Sunday (taking some friends for their first time back in 10 years so I hope the hoopla isn't rained out). May be there Friday as I really wanted the Han in carbonite vinylmation and I am concerned it might be sold out by Sunday (why why why did they stagger the releases this year??? It's been so aggravating!). Ahhh another 2 hour drive each way, just for a special release......

Crazydisneyfanluke

I was looking at the forecast and the weather channel said Andrea will be up by SC by friday, and there is a 10% chance of rain at night. Maybe ill be able to see hoopla AND F! but i doubt that. Also, what are the "Must Do" things at SWW. Im for sure going to Hoopla. This is my first year there and im excited!

ID3052

The SWW parade has only been canceled once and that was last year. Barring lightning and/or POSSIBLY a downpour, the parade will go off. It may be delayed or rushed or a bit early, but it will go off with 99.9999% certainty.

Steve

Thomas morrow

I just realised I've met everyone on that list but Billy Dee. If you havn't gone yet be sure to see James Arnold Taylor's Obi-Wan and beyond show it is really good even if you're not a big Clone Wars or Star Wars fan (which I am). He gives a great insight into voice acting and his personal story is very inspiring. Very talented guy and super nice.

JawaLivin

I was there yesterday to pick up the Han vinylmation and I am glad I got there first thing in the morning. There was a line to get in Darth's Mall, it was crazy inside, the check out line wrapped into the main merchandise floor. I went back after the hoopla to see what else was out (some items are discounted!) and was told the Han vinyl was sold out. Hope they find some more in a stockroom somewhere as I know many were hoping to purchase it Saturday and Sunday....

RSoxNo1

TSA briefly retained Peter Mayhew at the Denver airport because his cane resembled a light saber. Presumably they thought it was a real light saber, which of course is just as dangerous as Grandma's knitting needles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom