Is the Queen Sleeper Sofa Comfortable?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

bonofuzz

Original Poster
I'm headed to Old Key West in a week staying in a one bedroom with two adult couples. I am aware how big the OKW rooms are compared to the rest of the resort, so I'm sure we will all be good as far as the size of the place. But, how comfortable is the queen sleeper sofa? I suspect the couples will switch halfway through the trip with who sleeps on the couch vs. the bedroom, but is it really a downgrade to be relegated to the sleeper sofa? If yes, should I change to a two bedroom?

BransonJ

I personally found it very comfortable. My friend, 6' 8" tall and around 250 lbs slept on it most of the time and he had now problems. If the couples are switching I see no worries. During this trip I slept on the pull out chair, (enough for one person to sleep) and I had no problems. By no means are either of these better than a bed, however they are not terrible. I personally would go this route than a second bedroom due to the extra cost.

NeedMoreMickey

I tried to sleep on one at BCV and after 2 nights I was done, it was awful. My sister did a split stay first couple of nights BLT and her boys slept on the sleeper sofa and they thought it was nice. The last night was at BWV and they said this one was terrible. I don't think Disney's sleeper sofa are any better than other resorts. How old are the couples? An older couple will may have more problems than a younger couple. I would like the two bedrooms mostly for the privacy and the extra bathroom.

Spikerdink

I have slept on the sleeper sofa at OKW, SS and had a friend who slept on it at BWV....and it was fine at all points.... don't think anyone should have any problems....

bonofuzz

Original Poster
I tried to sleep on one at BCV and after 2 nights I was done, it was awful. My sister did a split stay first couple of nights BLT and her boys slept on the sleeper sofa and they thought it was nice. The last night was at BWV and they said this one was terrible. I don't think Disney's sleeper sofa are any better than other resorts. How old are the couples? An older couple will may have more problems than a younger couple. I would like the two bedrooms mostly for the privacy and the extra bathroom.

Both couples are young adults - so it sounds like we should be good to go overall. I might ask at the front desk to see how much more it would cost for a two bedroom upgrade (read: I'd be happy to take free) but it sounds like we should be fine with the one bedroom just trading off on who get's the sleeper sofa. Thanks for the feedback!

scarr13311

We were at WDW last November 2012 and were staying at the Art of Animation we stayed in a standard view room in the Little Mermaid section, because we had problems with the tub backing up (in a new resort??? and not to mention looks like the room had not been dusted in quite a while very dusty) in our room we called the front desk. After going back and forth with the person at the front desk, we finally were able to get a manager and explained the situation, the manager was nice enough to upgrade us to a Lion King Suite. Here we are moving to the LK section at 1:30am. We got ready for bed and sat down on the sofa to relax and watch some TV before going to bed. The sofa was not comfortable at all and the material of the sofa felt like plastic or instead of cloth.
My sister slept on the sofa sleeper and I slept on the bed, unfortunately we both were not comfortable at all on either bed. You would think with all the money that you have to pay for the suites the quality and comfort would have been ALOT better. Seems like corners were cut when building this resort; needless to say that I was very happy to be back in my own bed when we arrived home. Next time I will consider a different Disney resort.

scarr13311

I understand that the majority of the people that go to Disney are your traditional families(Mom, Dad and Kiddies) but, there alot of groups that are not the traditional family. My sister and I always go to WDW twice of year, and it would be nice if some of the suites on the resorts had 1 bedroom with 2 queen size beds instead of having to sleep on uncomfortable sofa beds. Hopefully they may be more flexiable in the future. Love WDW always!!! :)

bonofuzz

Original Poster
So as a follow-up to our trip, we stayed at OKW and slept on the sleeper sofa for three nights, switching off with the other adult couple for the second half of the stay. Well, that's actually not true, I 'slept' on the sleeper sofa about an hour before I gave up and moved to the single bed hideaway in the living room chair. The queen sofa bed was HORRIBLE. We ended up asking housekeeping to replace the mattress because we could feel every spring under us and every bar in the bed. It was better with a new mattress but still required an additional egg crate on top of it to make it tolerable for the other couple.

But I must say, the single bed hide away in the living room chair was really comfortable. Much better than the queen sofa bed.

Hot Lava

hmmmm egg crate (or similar) not a bad idea, particularly if you are driving. If you are driving, you could just pop over to a Target and get one if you find you need it.

I could just through the egg crate in the back of the van and catch a good nap on the way home! Oh wait, it will be full of Disney "crap" (that is what my husband will call it). ;)

NeedMoreMickey

So as a follow-up to our trip, we stayed at OKW and slept on the sleeper sofa for three nights, switching off with the other adult couple for the second half of the stay. Well, that's actually not true, I 'slept' on the sleeper sofa about an hour before I gave up and moved to the single bed hideaway in the living room chair. The queen sofa bed was HORRIBLE. We ended up asking housekeeping to replace the mattress because we could feel every spring under us and every bar in the bed. It was better with a new mattress but still required an additional egg crate on top of it to make it tolerable for the other couple.

But I must say, the single bed hide away in the living room chair was really comfortable. Much better than the queen sofa bed.
Sorry it didn't work out for you, I was hoping you for you to get on of the good ones.

bethymouse

I slept in one at SSR. It was not comfortable. It was way too thin for me, and I just didn't like it! My boys age 9 didn't mind it though.;)

StarWarsGirl

Well, I'm on one at Aulani right this second, and I can say it's quite comfortable. The newer ones, such as BLT, Grand Californian, and Aulani, have the most comfortable sofa beds. Many older resorts, such as Hilton Head Island, have replaced their sofa beds and they are as comfortable as the new ones. I have not stayed at Old Key West in many years (we don't really like it, too far out for our taste) so I don't know when they last got replaced, but these new ones are definitely comfortable. I sleep very well on them.

Also, I have a bad back from a car accident last year, and the Disney sofa beds don't hurt it. Last year before my accident I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian for several nights and ended up letting my brother take the sofa bed while I took the trundle bed because it wasn't comfortable. But I've never had that problem at a Disney resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom