Annual Passholder Parking Issues

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Hey Kids.

In the past several days, I've run across a few differences in the normal routine of parking with an Annual Pass.

Several friends have been asked for their ID/license to match signatures on the back at a toll plaza.

I had my pass swiped at the toll plaza for parking at DHS yesterday much like Universal does.

So what have your experiences been in the past week?

This has only come up very recently.

Is this happening for off-duty CM's? If you are an on-property guest, are they running your KTTW? Or is this a fluke thing? (..... which it seems like its not.)

disney4life2008

On my visit to the parks last weekend (I have the new plastic AP) - I had to show my AP and ID before I was let through the gates. I thought it was odd because normally I just flash my AP and keep it moving. I am not sure why they are checking IDs though but I do not mind. I know my AP is valid and just have my ID ready.

MissM

Weird. My last visit was on May 16th for my birthday and I just showed them my ticket as normal. It's one of the new RFID plastic ones so it has a big, red stripe on to indicate I have free parking. Thought that was kinda the point of the change on them; make it easier for at-a-glance confirmation of parking privileges. o_O

Busch Gardens Tampa swipes your magnetic strip on your AP for your free parking. I've never seen it done at WDW though.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
With the cost of parking at Disney now-a-days, I don't blame them for checking for a "valid" AP before letting you park. Yes, it's a minor inconvenience but I'm sure it was one of those too many people trying to park for free things that 'ruined it for everyone else.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Weird. My last visit was on May 16th for my birthday and I just showed them my ticket as normal. It's one of the new RFID plastic ones so it has a big, red stripe on to indicate I have free parking. Thought that was kinda the point of the change on them; make it easier for at-a-glance confirmation of parking privileges. o_O

Busch Gardens Tampa swipes your magnetic strip on your AP for your free parking. I've never seen it done at WDW though.

Well that's what they did yesterday.

I figured that was the big giant point of the red thing on the front that said parking on the new pass.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I'm stuck at the DHS toll plaza. Guests are arguing it seems.

The cast member told me that a box of 1000 annual passes that were not activated mysteriously disappeared and found themselves on eBay being sold for $20 a pop.

He said the new policy is to scan every annual pass until all of them have been recovered.

He said he found the three of them today during his shift.

So I'm assuming there's going to be this occurring for the foreseeable future.

Texas84

Interesting. I was asked for ID once when I was there two weeks ago. It wasn't scanned though. Always a few dips that spoil things for everybody else.

wannabeBelle

I'm stuck at the DHS toll plaza. Guests are arguing it seems.

The cast member told me that a box of 1000 annual passes that were not activated mysteriously disappeared and found themselves on eBay being sold for $20 a pop.

He said the new policy is to scan every annual pass until all of them have been recovered.

He said he found the three of them today during his shift.

So I'm assuming there's going to be this occurring for the foreseeable future.
WOW!!! Marie

WDWBryan

Has been happening everywhere since last weekend. Thought it was just a new policy didnt know there was an issue. I miss just flashing my id.

Why didnt disney take the opportunity to have photos printed on the pass like Disneyland. Too many passes I guess

openendedsky

Being out of town, I haven't been to Disney since the 24th, but appreciate the announcement about this. Though, I almost always bring my id with me regardless just in case park entrance ops asks for it, but this is still good to know. Sucks that people ruin things for the rest of us, although I'm surprised that they didn't check closer for these sooner.

Interesting.
I was at DHS this morning (9:45) and entered through the Buena Vista Dr gate. The traffic was so backed up they were waving people through the gate & not collecting the parking fee. They must have lost thousands of $'s on that. Anyone know if this is standard practice?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Interesting.
I was at DHS this morning (9:45) and entered through the Buena Vista Dr gate. The traffic was so backed up they were waving people through the gate & not collecting the parking fee. They must have lost thousands of $'s on that. Anyone know if this is standard practice?

When horribly busy, yes. Only at that gate tho.

jenn47

I'm glad you posted this!! My girls and I were just wondering why the change, usually I would flash the card and right thru. Last weekend at HS and MK I was asked for photo ID but nothing was scanned. Today at AK and Epcot same, asked for photo ID but nothing was scanned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom