Loaded gun found on Animal Kingdom ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timekeeper

This was obviously just an accident. You know, kinda like when a CM dancing in a parade knocks down a little girl. Complete accident. Thus, no reason to hold anyone accountable. Right? Hmmm... o_O

G00fyDad

In the very least we will likely see "No weapons allowed" signs all over the entrances to all parks now in an effort to circumvent this idiocy.

luv

Although I don't assume that people would never have a need to protect themselves at WDW...and don't have a problem with people carrying guns there, which I'm sure happens every day...I do have a problem with a person who is careless enough to set up a wildly dangerous situation.

They make things that allow guns to be carried in a safe, secure manner. He should have taken his weapon seriously enough to invest a few dollars in such a product.

There is no excuse for leaving a loaded gun in a public place filled with children. None.

At the very least, he should lose his permit to carry. He isn't responsible enough to carry. He's already proved that.

nytimez

Like I said, it was dumb and careless of him, and yes it is serious. And, IF someone had been injured by it, then YES, I would want him held fully responsible for the damages/injuries caused, but the fact is that the gun was not fired, and nobody was hurt. However, in this country, we only charge people when an actual crime has been committed, and while this was careless, it was not a crime, except maybe of stupidity.

You are incorrect - "careless" display of a firearm is actually a crime in Florida (misdemeanor). It's one of the most commonly prosecuted gun laws in the state. And I can't think of anything more careless than this.

Goofnut1980

And a fine looking bag it is. But, what in the heck does your eyeglass case look like that you have to explain it to security?

Thanks! thats my thought... it always makes me chuckle because plain as day says "RayBan" on the tiny case... but yet a FULLY packed stroller can zoom right though and it gets a glance. I know that security is really just their to help create the sense of safety and keep people from doing really stupid stuff. But, an eyeglass case.. ha

Guess the moral of my story is this... If you want to bring something into the parks, rent a stroller. lol

Timekeeper

I doubt that the CM got up that morning with the plan of knocking down a guest. As opposed to sticking your handgun in your pants and heading off to WDW.

I doubt that the guest got up that morning with the plan of leaving a gun behind at a Disney attraction.

Reactions: Tom

G00fyDad

I doubt that the guest got up that morning with the plan of leaving a gun behind at a Disney attraction.

But that guest did get up that morning knowing full well that he shouldn't bring the weapon into the park in the first place. I know we keep talking about the man being stupid, but he isn't that stupid.

BoarderPhreak

There is simply NO reason to bring a gun to WDW. This guy is a (*#%#$ idiot. Simple as that.

This was obviously just an accident. You know, kinda like when a CM dancing in a parade knocks down a little girl. Complete accident. Thus, no reason to hold anyone accountable. Right? Hmmm... o_O
Oh, here we go. Sue everyone! Clearly there's enough negligence to go around!

GrumpyFan

You are incorrect - "careless" display of a firearm is actually a crime in Florida (misdemeanor). It's one of the most commonly prosecuted gun laws in the state. And I can't think of anything more careless than this.

Thank you, I stand corrected then.
Bring on the law and prosecute him as it permits.
Indeed, he was quite careless here.

Many may disagree with this, and you're entitled, but personally, I wish there were more armed, properly educated and trained citizens in public, and yes, even in the parks (if they permitted it). Not that I'm advocating anyone violate Disney's rules against carrying guns or weapons into the parks, but after some of the recent events in which crazy people tried to harm others via acts of terrorism in a public place, it would just make me feel a little more at ease when being in a public setting with so many strangers. That's not to say that I'm scared or anxious when out in public, but I promise you, I am more of aware of my surroundings and the people close by and what they're doing. Unfortunately, we live in a time with ever-increasing acts of violence being committed by more and more "crazies", and I think the best prevention for such acts is a well armed, educated and properly trained public. Again, I'm not saying that I will or am carrying a gun into Disney to make myself feel safe, nor would I suggest anyone else do it, but if it were allowed, I just might. But, rest assured it would be properly secured to prevent such a stupid thing as what happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom