First Time for Everything PTR

Ember

Original Poster
So I deleted my previous post because I had issues with photobucket account that made all the pictures I posted invalid and then our plans changed and then changed again. But now we are all paid off and 65 days out from the trip! So let me try this again.

We are: Emily, Luke (DH), and DSs Eli (3) aka TroubleMaker Extraordinaire, and Draegan (7). The last time we were in the World was in August and let's just say that we will never go in August again. This will be our first stay on-site and we are very excited about it. This will also be our first time using the Amtrak auto-train which should be an "interesting" experience. This will also be the first time that Eli goes on quite a few rides as he has finally reached the magical height of 40". It will probably also be the first time he actually remembers going. So excited about that too as some of my earliest memories are from the World when I was just a little younger than he is now.

We've had quite the adventure planning this trip. When we first discussed this we were planning on going in January and staying for three days before traveling on to Tallahassee for our yearly visit. However those plans did not pan out as I am a pre-med student in my senior year and the fall semester wiped me out to the point of complete exhaustion and I wanted nothing to do with traveling or visiting with family. I just needed rest and relaxation over my winter break. So then we thought Spring Break would be a good replacement time. Hahaha ahahaha haha. We soon realized that was a very silly plan as I am not a huge fan of overcrowding. In August I swear my husband had to take the stroller from me because he could see I was about to go on a warpath and start running people down lol. I just hate people being right up in my bubble and I can't find a quiet and secluded spot anywhere to just get away from it for a minute. Every nook and cranny of every park was filled. I digress. So then we decided on May. We were going to do the week of May 12th, but after we booked we found out we would miss my sister's graduation if we went that week. So after giving in to familial guilt we decided to switch to the following week. So then we started with three nights at AoA which turned into four nights at AoA and then we found out about the Spring discount and it became four days at Coronado Springs. Things went smoothly until I discovered this site lol. Then I began to think about all the wonderful things there are to do and talked my husband into adding AoA as a fifth night because you know it wasn't fair to the kids that we weren't staying there at all. Things went fine until this http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/im-a-terrible-surprise-ruining-person.860836/#post-5351708 We have since recovered and both decided that in order to get the most out of a resort switch we should make it a more even split. So now our finally final plans are:

May 17th- Leave NJ head to Lorton to catch the Autotrain

18th- Arrive in Sanford 9 am, hopefully arrive at CSR around 11ish, we're planning on stopping at the grocery store for the essentials (milk, beer, wine lol), after check-in we're going to head to MK (We opted out of park hoppers this trip. We have an ADR at Be Our Guest at 7:30pm. Very excited about this and worked very hard to get this reservation.

19th- Animal Kingdom, resort time, had and ADR for RFC, but cancelled it to put money towards babysitting fees and Spirit of Aloha show for mommy and daddy :D

20th-Hollywood Studios, Sci-Fi ADR for lunch, Beaches N' Cream for dinner

21st- Check out CSR, Check-in PORS Royal Room yay!!!, Epcot, Behind the Seeds Tour, Tangierine for lunch, undecided on dinner. Had an ADR for R&C, but it has really bad recent reviews so we cancelled it. Don't want to do anything super pricey this night so will probably just have another QS meal. Suggestions welcome. Plan on spending some qt at PORS this day so maybe will eat in PORFQ at Sassagoula.

22nd- Curl up in a ball and cry because it's our last day. MK for the rope drop. Resort time in the afternoon with ADR at Sanaa at 5pm. Back to MK to wrap things up.

23rd- Check-out. DTD for souvenirs and then onto to boring ole Tallahassee for family time.

Zipadeelady

WOW! That is some crazy planning :). Glad it has all worked out. I'm interested on hearing what you thought of CSR. We are thinking of changing our reservations to CSR from FQ due to discount offers. DH wants to try a new resort instead of my choice of RS. Have heard good and bad about CSR.....let me know what you think.

Ember

Original Poster
Will definitely let you know! I am really excited as I have heard good things about it. I am also excited about PORS as I have heard equally positive things about it as well. There is an unofficial site for CSR and the info and pics on the site is wonderful!

Ember

Original Poster
Second night at Disney and we are having such a magical time. CSR is gorgeous!! There is a lot of walking ( We are in Casitas 5), but the scenery is so beautiful that walking is not a chore at all. Our train got in an hour early so we arrived here at 10am yesterday morning and they already had a room ready for us right next to the lake. I've already taken a bunch of pics and will post them in a trip report when I get home :)

Ember

Original Poster
Very excited to hear more and see some pics. Love trip reports as there happening....keep us posted!!
Packing up at our second resort- PORS. While I really enjoyed CSR I think we have found our Disney home at PORS. I will write my tr when we get back next week, but here is a pic of CSR to hold you over :)
DSCN0479_zps045e7871.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom