Astro Orbiter and TTA Refurbishment in 2014

fngoofy

You know, the new movie Disney movie with Brad Bird (Incredibles) directing, "Tomorrowland" is coming out in 2014. It would be nice if the movie sparked some symbiosis in look and feel for Tomorrowland.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So projecting into the future I guess we will end up with this by 2020:

speedway.png
I bet there will still be an hour long wait.

BoarderPhreak

Honestly, I'm surprised the Speedway has lasted as long as it has with those gas powered cars. They can't be cheap to maintain or run. But the smell, etc. does provide an authentic experience of a racetrack. Still, at this point it's borderline comical. Either restore some track length or get rid of it altogether. It's a bit of an oddball for Tomorrowland anyway.

jt04

Honestly, I'm surprised the Speedway has lasted as long as it has with those gas powered cars. They can't be cheap to maintain or run. But the smell, etc. does provide an authentic experience of a racetrack. Still, at this point it's borderline comical. Either restore some track length or get rid of it altogether. It's a bit of an oddball for Tomorrowland anyway.

I bet the liability lawyers hate it too. It is such an obsolete concept especially for a Disney park. They should bulldoze it the day after the Dwarf mountain opens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for posting this Martin. So in 1987, they took a huge out of the track?

Also, without digging through the entire thread as I admittedly and being lazy on a Monday, what are the cliff notes of the thread for these refurbs?
Yep. They took a lot in 87 for Starland, though more had been taken twice earlier.

Regrading the Tland refurbs... Astro seems to be getting love. I'm trying to find out the wider scope if any. I do know Tland was due a makeover in the future theme and look wise, but I didn't think it'd be so soon - if indeed it is, which is not confirmed either way at this time.

aladdin2007

Now approaching rocket tower plaza...my favorite.

Classic and iconic, which of course they had to go and take it away because it was just right. Now approachinggggg spaceeeeeeeee mountain!!!!! Whoever decided to change that out was really..well lets just page morrow mr tom morrow.

They also took away the spiel at the main street railroad station,,,all aboardddd and now approaching main street stationnnn...why?........and they took away the howl sound effect outside the haunted mansion ever since the tangled bathrooms opened. Was there again last week and that effect was not on at all. Again I ask why? lol

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Yep. They took a lot in 87 for Starland, though more had been taken twice earlier.

Regrading the Tland refurbs... Astro seems to be getting love. I'm trying to find out the wider scope if any. I do know Tland was due a makeover in the future theme and look wise, but I didn't think it'd be so soon - if indeed it is, which is not confirmed either way at this time.
Tonight I noticed that there is actually a section of neon on the tower that is actually working on Astro. Have they been doing any overnight work?.....anyone.....anyone......Bueller?
image.jpg

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Also just noticed that the tall vertical lamps are returning. Notice that the lamp on the left is brighter (actually white, not pinkish like the others). This lamp wasn't here on Thursday night-there were potted plants in this spot along with one other. Now it appears that there is only one missing....so there is definately work being done in the overnight hours.
image.jpg

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Progress City seems a bit cleaner and the cars on the roads seem like they're being operated by experienced drivers.....meaning they're in straight lines and evenly spaced. The Ferris wheel is spinning, but don't honestly remember if it was it wasn't before. Would ride again but it's now past 11 and will have to disembark.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Progress City seems a bit cleaner and the cars on the roads seem like they're being operated by experienced drivers.....meaning they're in straight lines and evenly spaced. The Ferris wheel is spinning, but don't honestly remember if it was it wasn't before. Would ride again but it's now past 11 and will have to disembark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom