Astro Orbiter and TTA Refurbishment in 2014

Jakester

I've heard some if this as well. I wasn't sure how it would all be done, but it does look like this part of Tomorrowland recieve some much needed attention at least.

One thing about the LED lights on TTA. From my understanding, the reason they are not taken advantage of more is because it is hard for the working cast to monitor the track with colored lighting. If you ride you will see a few that are colored, but not all. It's a safety thing.
So with the LED lights, they monitor the outdoor portion by sight and not camera or does it interfere with proper clarity for the cameras scattered thru out?

The Empress Lilly

I'm hoping for a sleek mid-century, Space Age retro makeover. :) But I guess I'll settle for anything that leaves both rides up and running, preferably without Pixar rubbish thrown in.

space.jpg

rct247

Original Poster
So with the LED lights, they monitor the outdoor portion by sight and not camera or does it interfere with proper clarity for the cameras scattered thru out?

There are only 4 cameras on TTA. You can see the monitors when you get on at the loading area.

Dwarful

We love Astro Orbiter..its a must do for every trip. Last summer we finally talked some friends (who go to WDW every year) into riding w/us. Holy smokes were they surprised at what they had been missing.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We love Astro Orbiter..its a must do for every trip. Last summer we finally talked some friends (who go to WDW every year) into riding w/us. Holy smokes were they surprised at what they had been missing.
It's not just another Dumbo, that's for sure.

Victor Kelly

Keep them all. I prefer the older versions of Wedway narration. Perhaps they can allow a customizable ride experience like the end of Horizons.

Sans Souci

I have never been on it. I assumed it was a Dumbo-type ride, too. I will have to try it on our next trip. What makes it different?

HiYa Pal

Are there pictures or video of the LEDs on the TTA? I've ridden it many times, but always in the middle of the day, so not sure if I ever really noticed them......

maxairmike

There are only 4 cameras on TTA. You can see the monitors when you get on at the loading area.

5, actually. I can't remember the order and which of the cameras in Space Mountain the large monitor reminding you there are video cameras is, though.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm happy to see that the Astro Orbitor is going down for rehab...the neon on the tower hasn't worked for quite awhile, and the spinning planets haven't spun for even longer. I had a hot dog at the Lunching Pad on my last trip, so I'd call that "lunch". Really not enough room in that space to offer much more.

I believe neon was from the fire a year or so ago. Remember the firetruck out on the stage area?

jt04

Mr Lutz has caught wind of TL upgrades at WDW and he has gone into full campaign mode for Tron cycles at DL.

Makes me even more encouraged that this refurb is the beginning of a much bigger project for the MK's most dated land.

PS- He also seems to confirm MI for DHS since he is also campaigning for MI at DCA.

PSS- sorry Al, but it is our turn now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom