Astro Orbiter and TTA Refurbishment in 2014

PhotoDave219

I hadn't been on the Astro Orbiter since I was a little kid but I took my 3 year old on it in February and didn't realize how "thrilling" it really is. I was expecting Dumbo...but she was freaking out hehe.

It does move pretty quick for a spinner...plus, the angle adds to the fun.

Dude, I went on that the morning of Hurricane Charley (no line) and OMG its HIGH.

huntzilla

I'm not usually one to hold onto things but, please TDO, bring back the '94 narration. It really is a completely diferent ride without it. I've always wondered, @marni1971, the TTA reoppened in 2009 with the original narration. There was about a 3-4 week period which it played until they switched over to the new narration. What is the process that goes into changing something like that? Is it as simple as "flipping a switch"? I've always found it strange that it seemed overnight it just changed. One would hope they could just flip that switch back.

It will be interesting to see what this refurb entails. TDO has been continually refurbing classic TL '94 elements like the phone, robonewz, galactic ball, etc. I would have to think the '94 theme isn't leaving anytime soon with these refurbs, so perhaps a switch to the '94 or new twist on the '94,narration is plausible.

The planets not spinning has been a huge eyesore, that should most certainly be a fix here. Perhaps with all that money they spent back in '09, they could finally get the changing LED's on the TTA to work as well...

PhilharMagician

Back in about 06' they removed all of the planets and re-painted them and repaired all of the motor for the spinning ones. It is a shame that they need to be repaired again and that there is not some sort of annual routine maintenance done instead of the 8 year complete failure plan.

I do look forward to seeing all of Rocket Tower Plaza spiffed up because when you see all the lights and the planets coming across the bridge from the hub is a simply spectacular view when it all works. It needs to look good since IMHO it is the most outdated land in MK.

Crazydisneyfanluke

i haven't ridden Astro orbiter yet, but i plan to in the near future, i remember, vaguely, the planets spinning. TTA is one of the rides that the family can relax for a bit, my niece and i love going on it over and over again, just to relax and goof off. The view of the hub is amazing on TTA, looking at the castle from the ride makes everyone in my family happy for once.

PhilharMagician

i haven't ridden Astro orbiter yet, but i plan to in the near future, i remember, vaguely, the planets spinning. TTA is one of the rides that the family can relax for a bit, my niece and i love going on it over and over again, just to relax and goof off. The view of the hub is amazing on TTA, looking at the castle from the ride makes everyone in my family happy for once.
Wait until you see the view from Astro Orbiter. It's way up there

FabulousFigment

Another lover of TTA here. We still call it WEDway <oops?. So now, that is what our 2 year old calls it and she loves it. "Webway" as she refers to it.

It would be great to see the planets moving on Astro Orbiter again and yeah, if they could do soemthing with the way the line works, that would be great.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I've heard the same. Specifically, I heard that they'll be putting ALL NEW gantry elevators in for Astro, as well as a handicap-accessible rocket.
Frankly, I'm hoping for NEW rockets, something to go around the ugly metal column in the center, as well as the arms, fixing the planets... Well, there's lots that needs work.
TTA just needs some operational fixes; the ride itself is near-perfect. I am curious, though: I thought that the ramp had to be adjusted to be accessible for handicap parties if they were gonna fix it... I dunno how/if they'll do that. Frankly, I think the whole speedramp going up needs to be scrapped.

jt04

Thoughts....

Could this be the beginning of giving T-Land the FLE treatment? Hope so. Sci-Fi-City?

Utilize those cool LED's on the TTA already.

Bring back that LP peach drink from way back when. Yum!

Future World should be Tomorrowland at WDW. Make it so. :)

rct247

Original Poster
I've heard the same. Specifically, I heard that they'll be putting ALL NEW gantry elevators in for Astro, as well as a handicap-accessible rocket.
Frankly, I'm hoping for NEW rockets, something to go around the ugly metal column in the center, as well as the arms, fixing the planets... Well, there's lots that needs work.
TTA just needs some operational fixes; the ride itself is near-perfect. I am curious, though: I thought that the ramp had to be adjusted to be accessible for handicap parties if they were gonna fix it... I dunno how/if they'll do that. Frankly, I think the whole speedramp going up needs to be scrapped.

I've heard some if this as well. I wasn't sure how it would all be done, but it does look like this part of Tomorrowland recieve some much needed attention at least.

One thing about the LED lights on TTA. From my understanding, the reason they are not taken advantage of more is because it is hard for the working cast to monitor the track with colored lighting. If you ride you will see a few that are colored, but not all. It's a safety thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom