Credit Card used for incidentals...

DaddyDisneyMan

When checking into the resort (We are Pop Century) we have to give a credit card for incidentals. I understand how that works, we have done it at other hotels around the country. Many hotels put a $100 hold on your card until you check out. I read on my online check in that Disney (correct me if I'm wrong) puts a $500-$1500 hold. I DO NOT want to give my debit card, because I do not want a major hold on my card and my credit cards only have a limit of $300. What do I do?

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We always have given our debit card for room charges, and they have never placed any hold on it that I have seen. We usually just give them our debit, then charge everything to the room. Once the bill reaches $500 (for a value resort) they will go ahead and charge the card.

Upvote 0

DaddyDisneyMan

Original Poster
Disney does not put a hold on the credit/debit card. They put a cap on what can be spent per day depending on the level of resort you are at ($500 value, $1000 moderate, $1500 deluxe).

You are my HERO for the day for answering this (and quick too!!!) I just took a huge sigh of relief. Since I have paid my trip off already, I can use my credit card with $300 limit and not have a problem, :)

Upvote 0

DaddyDisneyMan

Original Poster
Fyi- we learned the hard way when we call on the balance of the room it does not include tips. Tips are applied on the last day. If you eat out a lot and drink some like we do it can make a big difference!

Thanks for the tip. I think the more and more I think about this, I may use my debit card. I like the idea that you can check your balance whenever you want. My only fear of using a debit/credit card was not really knowing home much I'm spending (even though I know I'm bring more than enough$$) That was the one positive to bringing cash, you knew what you had left. How do you check your balance?

Upvote 0

littleroo

Thanks for the tip. I think the more and more I think about this, I may use my debit card. I like the idea that you can check your balance whenever you want. My only fear of using a debit/credit card was not really knowing home much I'm spending (even though I know I'm bring more than enough$$) That was the one positive to bringing cash, you knew what you had left. How do you check your balance?

Just call the front desk. Really easy. We are bringing cash this year for tips. You can extend the amount, as well, and they will also ask when you check in! You can check your balance from anywhere in park. I really recommend it!

Upvote 0

DaddyDisneyMan

Original Poster
Is the OP talking about a card for incidentials... which would be based on your stay itself...
or room charging privileges?
My initial question was regarding incidentals. I wanted to know if Disney resorts placed a hold on a credit card/debit. Then it turned into room charges b/c I also asked about the $500,$1000, and $1500 amount I saw on my online check in.

Upvote 0

Lucyred

I have a question that's related to this topic....when checking out I am assume you can pay cash for the charges that are charged to the room, correct?

Next question, we are not planning on leaving the park on our check out date until late, since we will be staying with family in Orlando after that, when I check out I am hoping to pay my charges with cash then anything after that let them charge my debit card (that's the card it is linked to), would that be a problem??

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
When checking into the resort (We are Pop Century) we have to give a credit card for incidentals. I understand how that works, we have done it at other hotels around the country. Many hotels put a $100 hold on your card until you check out. I read on my online check in that Disney (correct me if I'm wrong) puts a $500-$1500 hold. I DO NOT want to give my debit card, because I do not want a major hold on my card and my credit cards only have a limit of $300. What do I do?

No, Disney does not put a hold on your cc. They allow you to charge to your Key To The World (KTTW) which is your room key, park tickets, and if you choose, card to charge things on. However, even though you give them a card, you can choose to not allow for charging if you wish. At a Value resort, where you are staying, you can charge up to $500 before they charge the card on file (which can also be a debit card by the way). At a Moderate, you can charge $1000. And a Deluxe, $1500.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

I have a question that's related to this topic....when checking out I am assume you can pay cash for the charges that are charged to the room, correct?

Next question, we are not planning on leaving the park on our check out date until late, since we will be staying with family in Orlando after that, when I check out I am hoping to pay my charges with cash then anything after that let them charge my debit card (that's the card it is linked to), would that be a problem??

You can pay cash, but do so the night before you check out or they will charge your card on file the morning you check out.

You can charge to your KTTW until midnight the day you check out. They will charge to the card on file as you won't be able to pay cash for it.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

My initial question was regarding incidentals. I wanted to know if Disney resorts placed a hold on a credit card/debit. Then it turned into room charges b/c I also asked about the $500,$1000, and $1500 amount I saw on my online check in.

The answer is no. They do not "hold" anything. I know what you are talking about. The Omni did that to us once and I blew up at them b/c I didn't know they were doing it. Your card will NOT have a hold put on it.

Upvote 0

Alley7728

We have done this several times using cash and debit card. Be sure to do it the nite before check out or it will all be put on the card. They will also print out an itemized list right down to the penny...with taxes and such. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom