Omg, wait 'till you hear this!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Before I begin, let me start by saying that I have joked around here a lot, and that I will continue to joke around in the future, such as the prank I plan on pulling on April Fools Day. What I am writing today is honestly serious.

I was at my mom's house during the day to supervise a Comcast technician who was scheduled to come out to fix her cable TV and Internet service. While working, I asked him about if he knew about Comcast's recent announcement to invest $1.5 billion into USO attractions. He was stressed out that Comcast is making that investment, while not giving Comcast workers pay increases. I brought up Disney how WDW is on the opposite path. Here's where it gets interesting...

He asked me if I knew why Disney is letting maintaince at the parks go downhill. I rambled off a bunch of random guesses - all wrong.

He said it's because Disney plans on selling the parks to the Chinese, at which point I changed the subject to LucasFilm and Star Wars - my way of being in denial, as what he said began to soak in.

Then I thought about it. The Chinese parks are better operated than the US parks and they are owned and operated by a partnership with the Chinese. It is not a stretch to include the US parks under that or a similar partnership that would also operate the US parks - if the Chinese are willing to pay for it!

From Bob Iger's POW, this would be a win-win deal because a great amount of cash is injected into the company and the parks would be better managed. If true, I have really mixed feelings about it!

FrankLapidus

Before I begin, let me start by saying that I have joked around here a lot, and that I will continue to joke around in the future, such as the prank I plan on pulling on April Fools Day. What I am writing today is honestly serious.

It's hard to pull of a good prank on April Fools as it is, if you tell everybody that you're planning one beforehand you're really making it pretty impossible for yourself to fool anybody.

the.dreamfinder

facepalm.jpg

PeterAlt

Original Poster
It's hard to pull of a good prank on April Fools as it is, if you tell everybody that you're planning one beforehand you're really making it pretty impossible for yourself to fool anybody.
But the ones who will be fooled will be the newbies who haven't read my messages. You guys are already been initiated ages ago. The newbies will believe it because it will sound less ridiculous to them as it will with you all here.

Back on topic, I cringe at the very thought of Disney selling their parks - even if its just a partnership.
But, as I mentioned, from an executive POV, I can see how it may look like something to seriously consider and that it may actually make the parks more profitable. I don't have an opinion yet as to if I'm in favor of such an idea. Thoughts?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
But the ones who will be fooled will be the newbies who haven't read my messages. You guys are already been initiated ages ago. The newbies will believe it because it will sound less ridiculous to them as it will with you all here.

Back on topic, I cringe at the very thought of Disney selling their parks - even if its just a partnership.
But, as I mentioned, from an executive POV, I can see how it may look like something to seriously consider and that it may actually make the parks more profitable. I don't have an opinion yet as to if I'm in favor of such an idea. Thoughts?

So you're just here to fool others into thinking you know more than you actually do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom