Epcot Canceling Segway Tours?

Dasnowz

its currently be evaluated and may or may not return. the pages mentioning it on all Disney sites have been pulled.no new reservations can be made and many are being cancelled. someone knows but no one I know has any more info than that. anything else i am hearing is speculation.

bsiev1977

I'm interested to hear the story behind this decision, if it is true.
Just my speculation, I'm guessing it would purely be a liability issue. Either one too many accidents, or one too many people acting the fool while on the tour. Very likely a few clowns ruined this tour for everyone else.

disnyfan89

It may actually have to do with operation of the tour and not a liability issue. The tour is run by both Inoventions and Guest Relations cast members. Guest Relations hosts the tour but it is the Inoventions cast members who teach the guest how to ride the segway. At one point Guest Relations was looking to take ownership of the whole tour but the union wasn't giving it up. However Inoventions stopped training guides for the tour as they wanted to limit the amount of speilers they had on staff. It's also possible innoventions may not be interested in the tour anymore or a sponsor wants to buy the space segway central (where they store all the segways and do the training) sits in.

WED99

I know why they aren't getting enough bookings, because they put a 16 year old age limit on the damn things!

I still love Segways, they'll pick up. Give it a few years!

Sandurz

$100 bucks a person in a 10 person group doesn't cover one instructor and one guide for 2 and a half hours?

Even if they were both making $30 an hour, I don't see how $800 left over three times a day would not be enough to maintain the Segway fleet and pay for any insurance. Must be something other than money.

It's a shame too, because I thought it was pretty dern fun tour.

asianway

$100 bucks a person in a 10 person group doesn't cover one instructor and one guide for 2 and a half hours?

Even if they were both making $30 an hour, I don't see how $800 left over three times a day would not be enough to maintain the Segway fleet and pay for any insurance. Must be something other than money.

It's a shame too, because I thought it was pretty dern fun tour.
With WDW it's not whether it makes money, it's whether it makes enough money

I just called Disney about this tour because my fiancé and I were really looking forward to it on our honeymoon this October and I noticed it wasn't showing online anymore. So I called and they said they no longer have it. So disappointed :(

juniorthomas

I tried searching but didn't see any info on this.

I bunch of posters on other Disney forums are saying they have received calls from Disney cancelling their upcoming Epcot Segway Tours and giving refunds. Anyone know why?

Were the tours very popular? Just wondering - I haven't heard that they were in very high demand

jmb2676

That's too bad if they did cancel them. We did the tour in October and it was a lot of fun. The day that we went, we were told by our Guest Relations person that all of the tours were sold out for the next week or so and they have been near sold out for a while before that.

Killnme

That stinks I have always wanted to do that. I guess I will just have to have a beer at the Rose and Crown in their honor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom