2nd family now sues Disneyland for racism involving characters

dcibrando

Original Poster
It's happened again -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onald-Duck-refuses-hug-son.html#axzz2KSQI4Rl1

1st - how do they know the person inside the costumes aren't the same race as them?

2nd - what evidence do they have? Characters can barely see out of their costumes anyways there are times you're next to them and they don't see you. Can I sue that Mickey put his arm around my wife and child and not me last time. Had to be racism, he's a mouse part white and black. Discrimination and racism for sure

3rd - the first family claiming this last name was Black, this family's last name is White? You just can't make this stuff up lol

John

I suspect that the second family heard about the first and wants to get in on the what now will become a class action suit. Disney really dosnt need this. I am not the biggest fan of Disney right now but this has no basis IMO. If Disney is anything they are politically correct to a fault. Disney descriminates? Puhlllleeeasssee! This is a case where they will never win. It would be very difficult to prove that the reason your kid didnt get hugged by Donald is the result of racism. Were the kids hugged by other characters? Were there any other incidences that were considered discrimination with the families? I hardly think so. Disney sharks will eat this one up.

DABIGCHEEZ

And I suppose there will be others to come forward looking for some quick cash. Come to think of it... Woody just walked right by my son a few years back when my son was trying to shake his hand... how much do you think I can get???:rolleyes:

Funny how the other family's name was Black(if I remember correctly) and this family's name is White.

Hedwig's Keeper

It's happened again -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onald-Duck-refuses-hug-son.html#axzz2KSQI4Rl1

1st - how do they know the person inside the costumes aren't the same race as them?

2nd - what evidence do they have? Characters can barely see out of their costumes anyways there are times you're next to them and they don't see you. Can I sue that Mickey put his arm around my wife and child and not me last time. Had to be racism, he's a mouse part white and black. Discrimination and racism for sure

3rd - the first family claiming this last name was Black, this family's last name is White? You just can't make this stuff up lol

I can't remember what book I was reading (I'll try to find it and post it) but there was a CM that took off their glove to show that they were the same race as the person accusing that CM of being treated differently because of their race.

wedway71

What is interesting is that there is a Youtube video for just about EVERYTHING... especially when people think they are being wronged.... Is there any video of this in either cases???? I would think there would be, ESPECIALLY if they really had a legitimate grip. Instead all we see are pics of character hugging white kids, which could have been taken at various times of the day. Do we know that there was not some kind of line and these kids just cut??? I was not there, but I do find it funny that there is not a lot of proof of anything....

My point is when Tigger slapped the crap out of that kid in Florida(in which he was cleared) there was a video.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
My point is when Tigger slapped the crap out of that kid in Florida(in which he was cleared) there was a video.
You know that is not at all what happened, right?
But you have a good point about characters potentially ignoring them because they cut the line. WDW has enough control that that's a rare occurrence nowadays (aside from Green Army Men or irregular M&G locations like Goofy at Blizzard Beach), but I've heard that DL is much more casual.

wedway71

You know that is not at all what happened, right?
But you have a good point about characters potentially ignoring them because they cut the line. WDW has enough control that that's a rare occurrence nowadays (aside from Green Army Men or irregular M&G locations like Goofy at Blizzard Beach), but I've heard that DL is much more casual.

From what I read, the kid(Teen) was trying to pull off or tug at the back of Tigger's costume and or mask. I have been to both WDW and DL and have seen characters interact with people of ALL races and ethicities and have never in many years seen anything but respect for all guests...EVEN the schmucks that come thinking their kids are entitled to act like little turds since they paid admission.

Cosmic Commando

From what I read, the kid(Teen) was trying to pull of or tug at the back of Tigger's costume and or mask. I have been to both WDW and DL and have seen characters interact with people of ALL races and ethicities and have never in many years seen anything but respect for all guests...EVEN the schmucks that come thinking their kids are entitled to act like little turds since they paid admission.
What I think he meant is that the prevailing story is that the kid was messing with the back of Tigger's and Tigger swung his arm around to keep everything together and zipped and hit the kid in the process. Unintentionally.

wedway71

What I think he meant is that the prevailing story is that the kid was messing with the back of Tigger's and Tigger swung his arm around to keep everything together and zipped and hit the kid in the process. Unintentionally.

I agree... From the first time I saw the video(many years back) I felt Tigger did nothing wrong. Of course, as usual, the parents, and the kid played victim."Oh my Son was traumatized by getting attacked by a guy in a Tigger costume....I am going to Sue for like a gizallion dollars...despite my turd of a Son acting like a Putz"

MickeyPeace

I read that the White family is suing because Michael Jackson didn't appear to touch them during Capt EO. While everyone else was marveling at the bottoms of
MJs feet dangling above their noses, the Whites were feeling alone and slighted in the dark, last row.
Apparently they weren't wearing their 3D glasses. The case has been dismissed.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I read that the White family is suing because Michael Jackson didn't appear to touch them during Capt EO. While everyone else was marveling at the bottoms of
MJs feet dangling above their noses, the Whites were feeling alone and slighted in the dark, last row.
Apparently they weren't wearing their 3D glasses. The case has been dismissed.
There's a first: a Michael Jackson lawsuit because he DIDN'T touch someone's kid...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom