New Facebook page image bye hat

Scuttle

No way. As I said, the Tower is a great attraction and weanie, but it isn't and shouldn't be the park icon...it doesn't represent the park other than the fact that it's in the park (and 3 other parks around the world). The Hat (believe it or not) is probably more fitting of an Icon than the Tower is.

I dunno about that. I don't know how the hat could be more fitting than a 199 foot tall building called the HOLLYWOOD tower hotel. If the park was still called MGM I would agree, but with the name change I think Tower is a better fit.

flavious27

Here it is...
561481_448269108571310_1302405391_n.jpg

I doubt it means anything..So don't get your hopes up...

With that image, tot fits in better. Now I would like to get a higher resolution copy of that picture as a background.

The hat has been absent from quite a bit of DHS material lately.

But I have to agree the Tower would be a poor icon. Should either be the theater or the Earful Tower.

TOT does not really work as an icon for the whole park. Along with that, it is off to one side of the park. I would like the water tower to be the weenie for the park again, it goes with the studio theme.

I still like the hat, it is a powerful image. It should be moved to another location in the park though, it obscures the view of the theater.

Donald96

8394309320_793e9b62ce_b.jpg
This is the map inside the Be Our Guest Guide, I thought it was kind of strange that TOT is larger like the other park icons...

MarkTwain

8394309320_793e9b62ce_b.jpg
This is the map inside the Be Our Guest Guide, I thought it was kind of strange that TOT is larger like the other park icons...

I was going to post that same image from a copy I got a few weeks ago LOL. The one discouraging part is that the hat is still on there, but just smaller.

Patricia Melton

I keep wishing and wishing that the ugly giant bounce hat would go away forever. If only it had asbestos or something else toxic in it...then it could be torn down for health and safety reasons. But until there is money to demolish it and it becomes a bigger liability than just an eyesore, Disney will keep this ugly thing up.

My heart aches to be able to see the gorgeous view of the Chinese theater again, the way the Imagineers intended it.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Fantastic. Rumours say that the hat may finally go in the coming DHS overhaul. Any push for the tower to be the new icon is fine with me. In fact, I'm fine with them using the toilets near the entrance as an icon, as long as we get our view on the theater back.

I heard from a source that it was going to be taken down this year. Apparently the plan is to revamp DHS and that will be part of the revamp. I'd bet it would be the first step. I also heard of a potential name change (again) but I don't really believe that part.

Turtle

I heard from a source that it was going to be taken down this year. Apparently the plan is to revamp DHS and that will be part of the revamp. I'd bet it would be the first step. I also heard of a potential name change (again) but I don't really believe that part.
what was the name going to be changed into?

Darth Sidious

what was the name going to be changed into?

I don't know but when I heard that I didn't think it sounded right. They only thing I could see is if this coincides with a drastic park over hall they might have the name better reflect the new themes.

Turtle

I don't know but when I heard that I didn't think it sounded right. They only thing I could see is if this coincides with a drastic park over hall they might have the name better reflect the new themes.
would you be able to say what the premise of the new name was?

George Lucas on a Bench

What have they done to the Haunted Mansion on that map? Maybe we shouldn't even consider it between that, the giant Artoo-Detoo and Lion King apparently represented by a fish finder (??????).

Odd that they seem to be pushing the Tower of Terror as the Castle/Spaceship Earth/Tree equivalent for MGM. I really don't know how I feel about this. Tower's a great attraction, but I don't know. Just kinda weird.

Darth Sidious

would you be able to say what the premise of the new name was?

I'm not sure... I heard vague rumor on a possible but not definite change. The hat is pretty close to gone though. 74 just stated almost all studio redesign plans have it being removed. New merch ever features the earful tower icon again.

Turtle

I'm not sure... I heard vague rumor on a possible but not definite change. The hat is pretty close to gone though. 74 just stated almost all studio redesign plans have it being removed. New merch ever features the earful tower icon again.
ok thanks for the info though. pls let us know if you can tell us that new name! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom