Another Disney Parks "New Years Eve Announcement" 2012

BryceM

Any one ever wonder if real people actually win these thing?
In October I won four Halloween Horror Nights tickets, a paid for hotel room, a Universal Orlando parking pass, an R.I.P. Tour and Express Pass for Hallowen Horror Nights and four park-hopper tickets to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure.

Let's just say it was the best (and only thing) I've ever won. Heck, I'm still in shock that I won that!

Californian Elitist

I haven't won a vacation but I came in runner up in a writing contest sponsored by Disney/D23, which was really cool. I didn't even know, until I received gifts in the mail.

I knew my excitement would be for nothing.

WDWBryan

Interesting the spot they just aired showed folks wearing glow with the show ears in the magic kingdom. Is that really happening or just something for that spot?

lunchbox1175

I distincly remember texting to win a trip there last year everyday in January...would be nice if it were at least something original.

kittybubbles

Interesting the spot they just aired showed folks wearing glow with the show ears in the magic kingdom. Is that really happening or just something for that spot?

Those folks were in front of a screen and were not at a Disney Park. it's kind of like how the 'Amazing Fun' option of the sweepstake appears to be a WDW vacation yet the picture is of Tow Matter (I think or whatever Matter's ride is in DCA). The only shots in the commercial from WDW were of the Castle and the one of Gaston....typical :) like the last WDW one I saw down here in SFL where they showed Mickey in front of his house....

Happy 2013 all!

PUSH

To everyone who's disappointed, to be fair, they did announce it was a Disney Parks announcement. They never said it was going to be anything specifically for WDW. Which pretty much wipes out anything involving Carsland, MI Coaster, etc. It's a nice opportunity for the people who win though.

Happy New Year to all! :)

icecreamrules

Those folks were in front of a screen and were not at a Disney Park. it's kind of like how the 'Amazing Fun' option of the sweepstake appears to be a WDW vacation yet the picture is of Tow Matter (I think or whatever Matter's ride is in DCA). The only shots in the commercial from WDW were of the Castle and the one of Gaston....typical :) like the last WDW one I saw down here in SFL where they showed Mickey in front of his house....

Happy 2013 all!
The 'Amazing Fun' is also Disneyland:

"At Disneyland® Resort, it’s special World of Color dining and viewing*, a one-day
Adventures By Disney® Lights! Camera! Magic! Tour of Hollywood and Fantasmic!
V.I.P. seating with desserts included. This vacation is action packed with eye-popping shows and entertainment! It’s a delightful 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, along with special adventures you’ll never forget!
*World of Color experience based on availability

Disneyhead'71

Given the fact that Disney is a $40 Billion multinational corp. and the fact that they are making a "BIG" announcement on national TV on New Years Eve, I would expect some BIG like giving away 1 trip a day everyday of 2013. I don't see much difference between 31 trips and 1 trip. Would Disney make such an announcement of 1 trip?

michmousefan

Hands up of you visited WDW before say 1994. 1990? 1985?

And OT, but Happy New Year to theme park fans no matter where.
Visited on a day-trip basis (my grandparents lived near Tampa) every few years since 1975; now I visit every other year or so as an adult. Many things, particularly in the MK, still feel like they did when I was a kid. The HM, for instance, if anything has improved slightly... but there are areas, like Epcot, that just don't have the same aura that they did back during my first Epcot trip in '86. That shiny, optimistic feel of Epcot has faded.

Worked at Cedar Point in '84 and have been a CedarFair Season Passholder most years since.

Happy New Year to all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom