Honeymoon Registry or Disney Gift Cards?

DisneyPrincess5

Hi all!

So we are Disneymooning next fall at the Coronado with a park hopper and DDP package!!!!!
We are going to be asking our guests to contribute to our honeymoon for bridal shower gifts. We have done a lot of research on Disney's Honeymoon Registry and see some pros (including people get their registry fix) and cons (a few, including paying a service charge.)

We want your opinions!

Should we set up the registry and have people contribute to that?

Or

Just ask for Disney Gift Cards? (Which I believe thats how you receive your gifts from the registry anyway)

What do you think? Thanks!

tractorm3

Congrats you too! My fiance and I just put a deposit on out honeymoon trip for this sept! We are going to be staying at the Poly Honeymoon suite and we cant wait! Will probably be the last time we go with out kids of our own so we are making this the dream come true trip!

Can you use the Disney gift cards to pay for the actual trip?

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Congrats you too! My fiance and I just put a deposit on out honeymoon trip for this sept! We are going to be staying at the Poly Honeymoon suite and we cant wait! Will probably be the last time we go with out kids of our own so we are making this the dream come true trip!

Awwww congratulations to you as well! That is an awesome question that I'm not exactly clear on. I want to say yes but at least we'd use them for food the DDP wouldn't cover and I don't believe they expire s we would save them.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

my two cents.... money to pay off the trip. I racked up a 5K bill during my 12 days HM stay at the Beach Club / Poly. Gift cards are nice but you end finding excuses just to spend them. I'd rather have a portion of my room paid for right off the bat then worry about using gift cards in gift shops.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
my two cents.... money to pay off the trip. I racked up a 5K bill during my 12 days HM stay at the Beach Club / Poly. Gift cards are nice but you end finding excuses just to spend them. I'd rather have a portion of my room paid for right off the bat then worry about using gift cards in gift shops.
Yes that's a great point. We will have to find out find out more about that. Thanks!

Upvote 0

tractorm3

going by a few google searches, you can use gift cards to pay for the actual Disney room and vacation package you booked. I asked Marie (my travel agent for Disney) at Kingdom Konsultants so I should have a definate answer for this when I get into work today.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
going by a few google searches, you can use gift cards to pay for the actual Disney room and vacation package you booked. I asked Marie (my travel agent for Disney) at Kingdom Konsultants so I should have a definate answer for this when I get into work today.
Oh wow if that is true we will definitely ask for the gift cards because like I said earlier, I've been told that the registry sends you your gifts in style form of gift cards anyway. That's so much for this I appreciate it!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You definitely can use Disney gift cards to pay for the trip, as well as any KTTW balance. You can present them at time of arrival to pay off any balance on your reservation, or stop down to the front desk any time prior to checkout to apply them towards your KTTW balance. Just remember that if you do easy/fast/whatever checkout, they will charge your KTTW balance to the CC on file the night before you leave, so stop down beforehand to make sure.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Wow,Thats really something you have to decide for yourself.Personally I would opt for Disney gift cards.;)

Same here... ;)
75.gif

Upvote 0

CrazyDisneyLady

We used the Disney honeymoon registry in 2008, if it is still the same after you register they send you a gift card. Your guest choose the item they wish to give you and then that amount is added to your gift card. You can use the gift card for what ever you wish including paying for your room and package. One of the options on your registry is money towards your room.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi all!

So we are Disneymooning next fall at the Coronado with a park hopper and DDP package!!!!!
We are going to be asking our guests to contribute to our honeymoon for bridal shower gifts. We have done a lot of research on Disney's Honeymoon Registry and see some pros (including people get their registry fix) and cons (a few, including paying a service charge.)

We want your opinions!

Should we set up the registry and have people contribute to that?

Or

Just ask for Disney Gift Cards? (Which I believe thats how you receive your gifts from the registry anyway)

What do you think? Thanks!
Now I'm going to sound like my mom but there are ways of asking without asking. Good that's over Gifts Cards def gift cards can be uses for just about anything room, food etc. OH by the way CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happily ever after

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Now I'm going to sound like my mom but there are ways of asking without asking. Good that's over Gifts Cards def gift cards can be uses for just about anything room, food etc. OH by the way CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happily ever after
Thank you!! Yes I know we're trying to be creative since we kind of feel like a*holes for saying "yep, we want your money".

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
So I FINALLY called to clarify receiving gifts and whatnot. A lot of people on this site have told me that in their past use, they receive their registry gifts in the form of a Disney gift card. I was just told that you receive your money gifts in the form of a check or they do a bank to bank transaction. There is also a 7% service charge per gift. Hmmmm lots to think about.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Just got a confirmation that gift cards can be used for your reservation!

Good news for both of us I guess!

When are you folks traveling? we are going sept 16th-25th.

Based on this - my answer and yours ;) Gift cards.
Pay for as much of that trip as possible. Although...I don't know now a days is it really that offensive to just say.."give me your cash!!" It is friends and family after all.

You can make it convenient and wedding like.......
I can see it now: at the reception on the gift table...Briefcase all white with wedding like frilly type things glued to it...everyone tosses their (your) dough into it. once it's filled to the brim....close briefcase and you're off to WDW. Yeah that works.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Based on this - my answer and yours ;) Gift cards.
Pay for as much of that trip as possible. Although...I don't know now a days is it really that offensive to just say.."give me your cash!!" It is friends and family after all.

You can make it convenient and wedding like.......
I can see it now: at the reception on the gift table...Briefcase all white with wedding like frilly type things glued to it...everyone tosses their (your) dough into it. once it's filled to the brim....close briefcase and you're off to WDW. Yeah that works.
Ugh I know! This is what were struggling with. I guess we have to judge the crowd.

Hahahah oh you are truly a genius!!!!! I'm loving this idea for their/newly our dough. Can we slap some Mickey and Pooh stickers on it?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom