MK fireworks sight lines from outside the park

gbruenin

Original Poster
I' m in need of the 'experts' here regarding viewing the MK fireworks. The wife has a milestone birthday coming up in Jan where we'll be at WDW, and I'm thinking about a mini party where we can view the fireworks and have cake/drinks. Obviously the beach at the Poly comes to mind, along with top of the Contemporary. Does anyone know if there is a similar spot at the GF? How about any other spots? The reason I'm looking at the out-of-park spots is so our local friends could attend and not necessarily need park admission.
Thanks. Gary

wolf359

I'm not too big of a fan of the Contemporary roof viewpoint, but I think the beach at the Polynesian is pretty hard to beat. Since it's almost straight-on with the Magic Kingdom it preserves the front-and-center viewpoint. Plus, I really love the Poly's theme, and enjoy the restaurant/dining options.

I honestly don't know much about the Grand Floridian but I'd imagine there's probably some viewing areas along the water or near the pool bar.

ImagineerDude

You can watch the fireworks on the dock near Narcoossee's at the GF. Never have done Poly beach but others love it. We have also watched them from a balcony (not Cali Grill) at the contemporary almost under the monorail beam, it is an ok spot and it is free! Not much in Disney you can do free ;)

gbruenin

Original Poster
You can watch the fireworks on the dock near Narcoossee's at the GF. Never have done Poly beach but others love it. We have also watched them from a balcony (not Cali Grill) at the contemporary almost under the monorail beam, it is an ok spot and it is free! Not much in Disney you can do free ;)

Is this balcony in the area where the Outer Rim lounge is/was? At the GF dock, do they pipe in the music like the Poly beach?

ImagineerDude

Is this balcony in the area where the Outer Rim lounge is/was? At the GF dock, do they pipe in the music like the Poly beach?
They do pipe in music!

And I have no idea what Outer Rim was. The balcony is on the same floor as Chef Mickey's/Contempo Café/the arcade and two gift shops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom