Princess Fairytale Hall - Now with one fewer princess?

belle119821

Original Poster
Hello! I was looking through updates on the Fantasyland Expansion a couple weeks ago, and saw the princess cutouts on the wall in front of the new hall. Today, I saw another update with a picture of the same wall, but now Tiana is missing from the left side of the cutouts. I knew she was there before because it bothered me that the title crest was off center with three princesses on one side and two on the other. I would put pictures in this post but I've never posted with pictures before :)

Anyway, I'm bringing this up because I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or knew why she would be taken away. It looks like they completed the swag on the ribbon, so it's not like they took the sign off to replace it. Just curious! :D

Patricia Melton

There's another thread where people have been discussing this.

I'm pretty upset about it, as Tiana is my family's FAVORITE Disney princess. Second place is not even close. She is so elegant and hard-working and clever and sweet. I love Tiana!

Someone in that other thread said that he/she thinks that Disney executives made them change the sign so it was symmetrical, since with Tiana it had five princesses...and the executives wanted it to be symmetrical for the big media events surrounding the grand opening of FLE. If that's the case, then don't read anything into her removal...since she was just removed from the sign and not the attraction.

I can't imagine why they would yank Tiana out of the Princess Hall...unless she was getting her own meet and greet somewhere else. Besides Rapunzel, Tiana is the most popular Disney princess right now. She has that little off to the side meet and greet by the gazebo behind Liberty Square but that's just not enough in my opinion.

What I'd really love to see is the riverboat docked permanently and turned into a restaurant...and Tiana could be on that boat for a permanent meet and greet in "Tiana's Palace".

I suspect the princesses in the Fairy Tale Hall will be:

* Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
* Snow White
* Rapunzel
* Cinderella (though I'm not sure because she's already in her restaurant)
* Jasmine (though she and Aladdin are already in Adventureland so not sure)
* Tiana (I still think she will be in there)
* Mulan (though I still don't understand how she's a "princess")
* Snow Queen/Princess Anna (possibly in a rotating spot that changes with each new movie that's out)

I think there will be several permanent spots for the princesses who will always be there...and then at least one "room" where Disney can change it every time a new princess movie comes out. So I think the permanent spots will be very intensely decorated for the various movies with stained glass and statues of those movies and then there will be at least one more generic "royal" area that can be quickly themed to a new "visiting princess" when she has a new movie out (like Snow Queen).

I bet they have at least 6 princesses to visit with at a time. I don't think there will be just four, like the Pete's Silly Sideshow thing in Storybook Circus. But maybe 8 is too many so I don't know who they will cut.

Maybe Tiana disappearing from that signage really is a clue that the project is being scaled back (as is typical with TDO). Maybe they will end up building only three permanent slots and then they'll have just one visiting princess area. Maybe Snow White will end up not being in there and will be in the Mine Train area somewhere.

There sure is a lot of unknowns with what at first seems like a very simple project!

Tip Top Club

There's still a lot of unanswered questions with Fairytale hall and how it will affect other greets in the park. Time will tell.

Stupido

It's interesting because Fairytale Hall is quickly becoming one of the final mysteries about New Fantasyland. That matched with the details of the Tangled Rest Area and the Pan plussed queue are really the final unknown details about New Fantasyland. I mean the mountain is pretty understood. Being someone who really enjoys meeting the princesses every time I visit Magic Kingdom, I can't wait to see what mysteries lay ahead in this Hall. But a part of me does feel a bit of sorrow for those who have lost the excitement of new New Fantasyland discoveries.

Patricia Melton

It's interesting because Fairytale Hall is quickly becoming one of the final mysteries about New Fantasyland. That matched with the details of the Tangled Rest Area and the Pan plussed queue are really the final unknown details about New Fantasyland. I mean the mountain is pretty understood. Being someone who really enjoys meeting the princesses every time I visit Magic Kingdom, I can't wait to see what mysteries lay ahead in this Hall. But a part of me does feel a bit of sorrow for those who have lost the excitement of new New Fantasyland discoveries.

Do you have a theory on which princesses will be represented in Fairytale Hall?

I am going on a rare trip to Disneyland in California in January. They are building a similar Hall over there too. But I doubt it will be done in a month. I am going to try to get some scoop on which princesses will be in there.
I really like finding out all the little details about what is coming. It's very exciting for me.

One trip, my son suggested we try to get our picture taken with EVERY Disney princess available while we were at WDW. We called it our "scavenger hunt". We got to meet:

* Cinderella (at Cinderella's Table)
* Snow White (walking around outside and then at the Cinderella's Table)
* Aurora (Cinderella's Table)
* Belle (Cinderella's Table)
* Ariel (Cinderella's Table)
* Jasmin (with Aladdin in Adventureland)
* Tiana and Naveen (in the gazebo in front of the castle and to the side)
* Mulan (EPCOT, in China)
* Alice and White Rabbit (not really a princess, but was by the Tea Cups)

I think we met all of the princesses who were available anywhere at the time.

I really treasure those photos. I made them into a special photo album and I show my friends when they come visit. They are jealous we met all the princesses in one trip!

Ignohippo

I am going on a rare trip to Disneyland in California in January. They are building a similar Hall over there too. But I doubt it will be done in a month. I am going to try to get some scoop on which princesses will be in there.
I really like finding out all the little details about what is coming. It's very exciting for me.

Are you still still coming to WDW in January as well, Patty?

Patricia Melton

Are you still still coming to WDW in January as well, Patty?

I never planned to come to WDW in January. My family is going there in May on our annual trip. In January my husband and I (and maybe my son and daughter, not sure if they can make it) will be in Disneyland in the middle of the month. This was kind of a surprise trip since it's only happening because my husband is going to be in LA for a conference and I am tagging along.

I can only afford to take my family down to WDW once a year, and late May or early June is the only time it works out for us.

Stupido

Do you have a theory on which princesses will be represented in Fairytale Hall?

I do have a theory on who will be in the Hall!!!

I know without a shadow of a doubt that Aurora and Cinderella will be in there. They are part of the Holy Trinity of Princesses, only one missing is my personal favorite Belle. Now here's where it gets hairy. My guesses really depend on what WDW is planning for the rest of the park.. Like if they're planning a re-haul of Adventureland, I'd consider Jasmine being there. But, I think this is HIGHLY doubtful, especially since they only seem to be adding the interactive pirates game to Adventureland. Jasmine has her home already. Next mystery is going to be Rapunzel.. Everyone keeps saying that there is NO plan for a M+G for her over in her new area, which seems logical cause they don't have the kind of space that is required for Rapunzel. I think there is a GOOD chance Rapunzel will be in the Hall. I am however holding out hope about there being some secret plan for a M+G by her tower.. Snow White, I don't think will be in the hall. Unfortunately, she is hardly relevant and most times can be a walk up meet and greet. WDW would be silly to give her a permeant M+G when she can just walk around her new area, much like Gaston. I don't see Mulan and Pocahontas being included, despite being in the concept art. Now the woman of the hour... Tiana. Let me start by saying Tiana came SO close to dethroning Belle as my favorite princess. She is a flawless character, one that I love very dearly. So, I do hope that if she does not get her own area, she will be included in FTH. Once again, this takes into consideration WDW's plans.. There have been rumors of a Frontierland expansion. Tiana wouldn't be completely out of place in Frontierland, and it's one of the only lands that is lacking a princess. She would fit it best, and I would love for Tiana to get a mini area in a Frontierland expansion, though many people here would probably throw a fit about another princess being featured in an expansion. I just think Tiana's story could add a lot to the parks. She is also growing popularity for some reason.. She's more popular now than when her movie come out.. Weird, I know. So I would wait to see about Tiana..

But as always, only time will tell! I just know that I cannot wait for FTH to be opening. I see limitless possibilities of immersion, especially since the idea of meet n greets seem to be changing in Orlando. I hope they work in Cinderella's planned meet n greet to this area (For those who don't know, you were supposed to meet her in her tore up pink dress, and then it transformed into her ball gown. It would have been stunning.) Also, I'm very excited to see the costuming changes that will take place to all of the princess dresses. After much debate, I've decided I'm rather fond of Cinderella's new dress, and can't wait to see what they do for the rest of them. Mainly Aurora and Belle, cause those dresses could use some help.

lebeau

I never planned to come to WDW in January. My family is going there in May on our annual trip. In January my husband and I (and maybe my son and daughter, not sure if they can make it) will be in Disneyland in the middle of the month. This was kind of a surprise trip since it's only happening because my husband is going to be in LA for a conference and I am tagging along.

I can only afford to take my family down to WDW once a year, and late May or early June is the only time it works out for us.

I would LOVE to see some family pictures. Can we expect trip reports?

jt04

I have always thought Tiana would be perfect for a mini-land m&g in the manner Belle is presented within the FLE. So perhaps that is what is happening with the changes.

wiigirl

I have always thought Tiana would be perfect for a mini-land m&g in the manner Belle is presented within the FLE. So perhaps that is what is happening with the changes.

Maybe....
75.gif

Rose&Crowner

I can't imagine why they would yank Tiana out of the Princess Hall...unless she was getting her own meet and greet somewhere else. Besides Rapunzel, Tiana is the most popular Disney princess right now. She has that little off to the side meet and greet by the gazebo behind Liberty Square but that's just not enough in my opinion.

Well! Thank you very much for telling us your opinion! I can sleep much better at night now knowing that you don't think that Tiana having a gazebo named for her is enough! Esmeralda has been around for exactly 5.33333333333333333 times longer than Tiana has and you don't see people getting all huffy about her not having her own cathedral somewhere! Thank you very much for telling us your "favorite" princess and how they should be treated better!

^
This is the kind of stuff that I feel like writing in response to stuff like this:
They're called dinglehoppers...you know, just like in the movie.

Thanks for letting us know you won't "waste" your money on them. It was keeping me up at night wondering if you'd "waste" money on this...and now I can sleep easy having the answer.

I think I might end up buying two of these now that I know you are helping out by leaving more on the racks for the rest of us to buy.

Thank you!

Maybe I shouldn't stoke the fires but hey....

Anyhow I think that Tiana's Garden Gazebo (even has it's own sign) is pretty dang cool all hidden away in the little foresty area. It's almost like her own little secret place. She was beautiful and graceful when I saw her there last week.

Maybe to improve guest flow they just can't fit five princesses in Fairytale Hall, and considered removing Tiana from the plans because she already has her own perfect spot.

mm52200

Tiana's definitely a great princess and all but her movie has been out what...3 years? For a film that wasn't exactly a huge smash, it did respectable at the box office, I think she has plenty of coverage being in the CADCT parade and having a dedicated meet and greet. Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid, two of Disney's best films of all time have both been out for over twenty years just finally got substantial representation in the parks aside from stage shows. I think Tiana can wait...

tl77

Cinderella and Aurora will probably be in the hall since they were supposed to have their own very elaborate M&G's before the Mine Train came along

Belle and Ariel have spots in the Forest, and I thought Snow White was supposed to get a M&G in the little cottage at the Mine Train. Tiana and Jasmine have M&G's elsewhere so who's left beside's Rapunzel?

mm52200

Cinderella and Aurora will probably be in the hall since they were supposed to have their own very elaborate M&G's before the Mine Train came along

Belle and Ariel have spots in the Forest, and I thought Snow White was supposed to get a M&G in the little cottage at the Mine Train. Tiana and Jasmine have M&G's elsewhere so who's left beside's Rapunzel?
The only other Princesses technically left are Mulan and Pocahontas. This whole project still just seems unneccesary to me. Like you said, most of the princesses' already have some kind of M&G in the park, and what's wrong with TST for Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Aurora?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Lee said the cottage by the mine train is just a prop, no M&G there.

dreamfinder

Best. Post. Today.;)

As for the Waste of Space...oops...I mean Fairytale Hall...
The plans I have show four rooms for M&G. Could well be there will only be four prinsci in there.

I like the new tense? form? whatever of princess. Prinsci, kinda like octopi. I can see that catching on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom