Disney, Star Wars, and Family Guy?

DivePrincess

Original Poster
Now that Disney owns Star Wars, do you think they would allow Family Guy to continue to use gags that involve the franchise?

lazyboy97o

It would be foolish of Disney to turn away from the parodies that Lucas embraced. But parody also typically falls under fair use and Disney would have to prove that there is now somehow a confusion that did not exist for years before.

DivePrincess

Original Poster
It would be foolish of Disney to turn away from the parodies that Lucas embraced. But parody also typically falls under fair use and Disney would have to prove that there is now somehow a confusion that did not exist for years before.
I totally agree- I was just curious- thanks though!! :)

Taylor

Robot chicken parodies Disney stuff all the time, family guy does to. I don't know if they would make the one hour specials though

erasure fan1

If Lucas did one thing right in recent years, it was embracing the parodies and the fan films and stuff like that. I could see Disney being a big stick in the mud and not allowing them to continue. But who knows.

Magenta Panther

Frankly, given the way Seth McFarlane slanders Walt, he deserves to lose the cash he gets for the SW parodies.

But because they ARE parodies, there isn't much Disney or anybody else can do about them. Or the slander, either, unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom