Mr. Potato Head Broken

George Lucas on a Bench

I've never even seen that animatronic, the one time I went on this ride with Fastpass. Since I've had no desire to go on again, I doubt I ever will. Maybe I'll see it at DCA these days.

Maerj

Sweeties! You people are such a bunch on naysayers! He hasn't stopped working. Listen, if you see a curtain, Mr. Potato Head is taking a shower. Don't you people ever bathe at all? Sheesh, give the spud a break, Nay-sayers!

secondstartotheright

I had a similar experience with the Buzz AA in BLSRS queue. He was covered by a curtain the whole time I was waiting but I re-rode about 2 hours later and he was up and running again. Probably just a malfunction with the AA, I hear mr. Potato head breaks a lot...(although I've never seen him, I always use fp)

EOD K9

If a disco light can't help, I am sure they have some talented people in the shop preparing a nice cardboard cutout.

Tom

Beta Return
I've never even seen that animatronic, the one time I went on this ride with Fastpass. Since I've had no desire to go on again, I doubt I ever will. Maybe I'll see it at DCA these days.

Kind of in the same boat here. I've only used the Standby line when there was nobody there (i.e. about a minute before park closing), and have never actually seen him in action. I didn't know he was "interactive" until a few years after it opened, when reading about him on this forum.

But, we were just there for 8 days and didn't ride it once. We could have gotten Fastpasses, or gotten in line at park closing, but it just wasn't worth the effort. We've done it a few times, and there's just nothing captivating about a ride-through video game for us, I guess. Perhaps if the Studios had more attractions to consume crowds, and the queue was 20-min or less, we'd devote some time to it.

COProgressFan

But, we were just there for 8 days and didn't ride it once. We could have gotten Fastpasses, or gotten in line at park closing, but it just wasn't worth the effort. We've done it a few times, and there's just nothing captivating about a ride-through video game for us, I guess. Perhaps if the Studios had more attractions to consume crowds, and the queue was 20-min or less, we'd devote some time to it.

TSMM is a fun ride, but I agree not sure its worth anything more than a 20 or 30 minute wait. Neither for a Fastpass for a ride time 8 hours away. Just illustrates how there is a dearth of attractions at the Studios...

Tom

Beta Return
The queue is the best part of the attraction IMHO, far better than the ride itself (which highly disappointed me).

True. And even at that, it was a fairly inexpensive queue to build. Nothing immersive, but some clever props. They blew their entire budget on the ride system technology, and had nothing left for the show building or queue.

Turtle

Original Poster
They should build a playground queue similar to Dumbo but for TSMM to be the solution to the long lines.. That or they should expand the line with more interactive animatronic toys like Potato Head.

Tom

Beta Return
They should build a playground queue similar to Dumbo but for TSMM to be the solution to the long lines.. That or they should expand the line with more interactive animatronic toys like Potato Head.

I tend to agree that of all places that Disney's obsession for interactive queues could be fitting would be here. Although, the bigger problem is really that DHS doesn't have enough attractions to distribute the crowd properly. The park needs more rides and attractions, and needs to run their big crowd-eating shows more than twice a day.

Until they fix that problem, the headliner attractions are going to continue to have 2 hours waits and no Fastpasses after 9am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom