Rapunzel's tower has arrived.

hpyhnt 1000

Maybe slightly too large, but give the trees a few years and it should be pretty effectively hidden from the angles it needs to be hidden. It does look very nice and will act as a nice weenie for that section of FL.

WDWFREAK53

The views from Frontierland are pretty rough. It's going to be a while before the trees hide it.
I do like the tower though...very well done. (Another missile silo?)

lazyboy97o

Grant it construction is still ongoing, but why should we wait for trees? I thought one of the blessings of size was the tree farm so that going forward there wouldn't be the need to wait years for mature trees?

Vernonpush

Original Poster
The views from Frontierland are pretty rough. It's going to be a while before the trees hide it.
I do like the tower though...very well done. (Another missile silo?)
There might be some trees coming to help hide it. Most guests did not notice it until I started taking pics.

Vernonpush

Original Poster
Grant it construction is still ongoing, but why should we wait for trees? I thought one of the blessings of size was the tree farm so that going forward there wouldn't be the need to wait years for mature trees?
New plantings of trees might be coming. It's still a "construction area", new plantings (full sized trees) probably have not happened in that area.

lazyboy97o

New plantings of trees might be coming. It's still a "construction area", new plantings (full sized trees) probably have not happened in that area.
I'm not sure I understand your point. I get that the trees may not have been planted. What I do not understand is the repeated defense of giving trees time to grow when a tree farm was established for this very reason.

Vernonpush

Original Poster
I'm not sure I understand your point. I get that the trees may not have been planted. What I do not understand is the repeated defense of giving trees time to grow when a tree farm was established for this very reason.
There might be mature trees (that will hide the tower from other "lands") at the farm waiting to be planted once construction is done.

Patricia Melton

I can't wait until my niece sees this. I have not told her anything about the Rapunzel area. I want her to be surprised by it all, and to enjoy all this magic as a surprise. She will see that tower and she will be so thrilled. She might even start crying because suddenly that tower is real! I am counting down the days until May when I can finally show her this Rapunzel area!

We have some new real magic in the park and it is so exciting!

I also love how having that tower up means the naysayers will be silent now because it's clear there will be a tower and the rest of the Rapunzel area will look like the insiders on this board said it would look.

MissM

The tower itself is adorable. I'm not sure I like how large it is or how visible it is from other lands. That's a little bit off-putting for me. I hope they block it more with trees or something from other lands.

GLaDOS

I can't wait until my niece sees this. I have not told her anything about the Rapunzel area. I want her to be surprised by it all, and to enjoy all this magic as a surprise. She will see that tower and she will be so thrilled. She might even start crying because suddenly that tower is real! I am counting down the days until May when I can finally show her this Rapunzel area!

Luckily if she gets too excited you won't have to worry about an embarrassing tinkle accident! Such convenient bathrooms! How magical!

Atomicmickey

Tower, nice. Lets not go crazy about how magical it is, though. It's a bathroom, not an attraction.

Patricia, I look forward to hearing if your niece is disappointed because it is just a bathroom. I can hear kids now, "look! Tangled! Lets go on the tangled ride! Lets meet rapunzel!" Sorry, kids, it's a bathroom.

I'll bet CM's in the area have to answer the question, "where's the entrance to the ride?" Many times a day...

My opinion? Nicely done tower, for what it is.
However, if you can see it from liberty square or frontier land, that's not good. Here's hoping for trees.

threeyoda

I took am not keen on the tower being visible. It is however not surprising. Disney no longer views the realms of the Magic Kingdom as something serious. It's all fake cartoony fun. It's a fake Colonial area so its ok to see a just as fake Fantasy tower.

You were able to see the Contemporary (and later Space Mountain) from Fantasyland since the park opened. You can see Frontierland from Liberty Square, Adventure and Tomorrowland from Main Street, Big Thunder and Splash from the Haunted Mansion, etc. Certain things that don't fit in were always visible from some areas. You just can't hide everthing.

cba

The tower looks great! In comparison to the movie's version, they're almost exactly alike!
images

lazyboy97o

You were able to see the Contemporary (and later Space Mountain) from Fantasyland since the park opened. You can see Frontierland from Liberty Square, Adventure and Tomorrowland from Main Street, Big Thunder and Splash from the Haunted Mansion, etc. Certain things that don't fit in were always visible from some areas. You just can't hide everthing.
Frontierland and Liberty Square are designed as a complimentary pair. Fantasyland's transition to Tomorrowland has also always been lousy. And the rest sounds like the Hub.

twinnstar

i dont wanna drag poor Walt into this, but wasnt one of the original reasons they built disneyland they way they did (i know this is not disneyland, but its essentially the same layout) was because Walt didnt want you to be able to see one land from another? thus, youre in liberty square, you cant see fantasyland? therefore keeping you immersed in the current land, etc?

i really like the tower, i think its beautiful - but i agree that it is very strange to see it from liberty square like that. im not sure if theres a way to solve for it though...a very tall tree? lol o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom