Free Dining Nov/Dec 2013

ArielLover

Getting ready to start planning our next trip. We will be staying 11/30/12 thru 12/12/12. We hope Disney offers the free Dining Plan so we can upgrade to Wilderness Lodge - I just priced it out Wilderness Lodge with free Dining Plan would be $5875.56 or we can stay at POFQ ( Spent out last 3 trips here) for $5236.70 ( include a king room and paying for the Dining Plan). We think $600 more if we get the free dining is worth the upgrade.

So for our Dining choices we decided on Chef Mickey, Trail's End, 1900 Park Fair, Ohana's, Whispering Canyon, Be Our Guest, Tony's, Garden Grill. Rose and Crown, Yachtman Steakhouse, and Le Cellier.

So much is relying on a deal for the trip, we will probably book anyways with the WL without the Dining Plan so we can start paying on it and make dining reservations in case the deals do not come out by June.

KCheatle

I would definitely book at WL first and then downgrade if you need to. Here's why: when and if they release free dining (which I am banking on too - and also will be staying at WL, but over the Thanksgiving week), there are only so many available per hotel. Since the WL is one of the smaller hotels, they tend to run out of free dining promos soon and/or space sooner. Not that the dates you are going are super busy by any means, it's just that it would be a risk I would not be willing to take, so I thought you'd like to know.

Also I would not count on a November/December deal being released by June. Historically, they haven't been released that early. Here's a website that has all of the info for past discounts and release dates: http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Good luck planning your trip!! :)

Upvote 0

ArielLover

Original Poster
I would definitely book at WL first and then downgrade if you need to. Here's why: when and if they release free dining (which I am banking on too - and also will be staying at WL, but over the Thanksgiving week), there are only so many available per hotel. Since the WL is one of the smaller hotels, they tend to run out of free dining promos soon and/or space sooner. Not that the dates you are going are super busy by any means, it's just that it would be a risk I would not be willing to take, so I thought you'd like to know.

Also I would not count on a November/December deal being released by June. Historically, they haven't been released that early. Here's a website that has all of the info for past discounts and release dates: http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like the site says around August for the deals. We will most likely book next weekend.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Having a room already booked does not guarantee you a switch over if a promotion is released. If it does anything, it reduces the chance of them offering a promotion at that resort. Promotions are offered based on projected occupancy rates. If bookings fall below the projections they offer free dining, room discounts, etc. If the booking rates meet or exceed projections at a particular resort they will black out dates or entire resorts from promotions. Booking in advance of promotions increases occupancy rates and decreases the chance of promotions.

The best thing you can do is book what you can afford at full price. If a promotion comes out you can make the decision to either pocket the savings or upgrade.

Upvote 0

Heather A

Hi, I'm a first timer taking 3 boys and a husband to disney, I saw your pricing and that is about what we would like to spend on our trip how did you end up with it? Every time I input what I need into the wdw reservations site its ends up being 7500+ dollars.... :C

Upvote 0

Mariah1797

Heather - Are you set on a specific resort, or going for longer than a week? We are a family of 6 and I just booked our reservations for the Art of Animation resort for one week (Nov 30 - Dec 7), and our total with park tickets was just under $4,000. Of course if you are wanting to stay at a moderate or deluxe, then your rates will be a lot higher, but if you aren't set on that try checking out the value resort prices - they will probably be a little more in the range of what you are wanting to spend.

Mariah

Upvote 0

Disneylover2008

Hi, I'm a first timer taking 3 boys and a husband to disney, I saw your pricing and that is about what we would like to spend on our trip how did you end up with it? Every time I input what I need into the wdw reservations site its ends up being 7500+ dollars.... :C

I just booked a 5 night trip for nov 11-16,2013 for $2188.00. That includes free dining and 4 day park passes, staying at Coronado springs (a moderate resort). We are a family of 4. The price does go up when you have to get a suite or room big enough for 5 people, unfortunately. We always just do the basic park passes, with out park hopper, to save money. there is so much to do at each park that we feel we dont need the park hopper. But the deals are out there if you look for them!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom