Wii U

Matt7187

Original Poster
Who got it? I don't have any money, so I have to wait till Christmas! How does it play? Which games are your favorite? Is the system good or bad?

Powerline

I managed to play it at comic con last month and was pretty impressed. Although the almost non existent library at the time is pretty disappointing.

The 3DS started the same way and only now is it gaining some speed.

Matt7187

Original Poster
I thought the library for the wii u is better than the wii's day 1 lineup. This one has Mario, zombiu, nintendoland, assassins creed 3, and more.

erasure fan1

As of this point in time the price its selling for isn't justified for what the system offers. The only thing that interests me is the new Zelda game and thats a fair ways out still.

wilkeliza

I have it and love what it can do. It is not just the games (zombie U is great) but also what else it can do. My favorite being the fact that the game pad functions as a TV remote so if I lose my Time Warner cable remote again I'm not lost. The game pad will allow you to change channels and adjust volume. Also you can watch Netflix either on the pad or on the TV all controlled by the pad. I imagine this will quickly become out most used system.

Matt7187

Original Poster
I have it and love what it can do. It is not just the games (zombie U is great) but also what else it can do. My favorite being the fact that the game pad functions as a TV remote so if I lose my Time Warner cable remote again I'm not lost. The game pad will allow you to change channels and adjust volume. Also you can watch Netflix either on the pad or on the TV all controlled by the pad. I imagine this will quickly become out most used system.
I've heard that zombiu isn't too good! On a scale of 1-10, how would you rank it?

wilkeliza

I've heard that zombiu isn't too good! On a scale of 1-10, how would you rank it?

I haven't gotten to play much of it because my WiiU is in NYC and I'm in Orlando until January but what I have played I really liked. I like that it is more than just a shooting game and you haven't to think about your plan of attack and ration ammo and such. I will say I'm not an avid gamer and don't play games like Halo, Modern Warfare, etc so that might have something to do with my opinion.

In line with other zombie games I love like Resident Evil I think Zombie U would be a 8 at minimum. Like I said though I haven't gotten too far maybe just 1 hour into the game so I can't say too much.

I think people don't realize Nintendo isn't making this just a game system it is an entertainment system. I can see it for all the things it does not just for the games. However I do believe it is definitely a step up from the Wii and seeing as the Wii is the 2nd most use system in our house outside our PS3 since it is our blu ray player I think the WiiU will move the Wii down to 3rd and might even move the PS3 out of the number one spot. If it helps you guys we rank our Xbox 360 as the lowest platform system in our house because there aren't many games that are exclusive to Xbox that draws us to it.

erasure fan1

I think people don't realize Nintendo isn't making this just a game system it is an entertainment system.
I don't agree. If Nintendo was going for an entertainment system, first off they would have added Blu-ray and DVD support. They would have also added a much better marketplace geared around movies, music, TV... I really believe that Nintendos main focus is on the game side of things and as it should be. If they dont focus on games, in about a year they will be in a world of hurt when the new Xbox and PlayStation hit. In my opinion the wii u has a lot going against it but Nintendo has 1 huge plus, iconic franchises. That is what they need to leverage and focus on, not catering to the entertainment crowd. You also cant forget the 2nd party support. Without some big time exclusives of the popular franchises, you can kiss your market share goodbye once all the systems are out.

afar28

I have 2 questions if anyone can answer it would be great :)
1) do you have to have a wii in order to play wii u?
2) does it compare to the PS Vita at all? If so, is it better or worse?

flynnibus

Premium Member
My favorite being the fact that the game pad functions as a TV remote so if I lose my Time Warner cable remote again I'm not lost

I think a $10 remote would be a much better investment then a $350 dollar remote that needs to be charged too :) Cheaper, and more durable.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think people don't realize Nintendo isn't making this just a game system it is an entertainment system

Except its a miserable at that. My $99 blu ray player (or stuff built into my TV) does everything the Wii U brings to the table outside of it's gaming aspect. Then set that up against something like a Xbox?

Nintendo has been inept (and that's gentle) at their online concepts. They've improved, but only marginally and still behind the competition.

Siren

My Wii U is currently under the tree, I hope this is a hit for us because no one asked for it. Our current Wii is a little run down, so I bought into the hype that Wii U's were going to be scarce this holiday, but they're available everywhere so I feel a little duped. I'm also not too thrilled about the huge tablet remote - I just hope no one argues for it.

erasure fan1

My Wii U is currently under the tree, I hope this is a hit for us because no one asked for it. Our current Wii is a little run down, so I bought into the hype that Wii U's were going to be scarce this holiday, but they're available everywhere so I feel a little duped. I'm also not too thrilled about the huge tablet remote - I just hope no one argues for it.
I don't remember a system that released for the holidays that was this accessible. Its hard to say if it is the Wii U just isn't that popular or Nintendo over manufactured this time. Either way its not a great start. The tablet does seem a bit awkward to hold. It could have been designed to fit your hands a lot better. Like any new control it will take a bit to get used to.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't remember a system that released for the holidays that was this accessible. Its hard to say if it is the Wii U just isn't that popular or Nintendo over manufactured this time. Either way its not a great start. The tablet does seem a bit awkward to hold. It could have been designed to fit your hands a lot better. Like any new control it will take a bit to get used to.
I have to say that it just not that popular. When the original Wii came out everyone went bat crap crazy over it because the motion controls were new, innovative and inviting to the non-gamer. The Wii-U arrived with a thud simply because there was no real innovation.

The graphics were better than the previous Wii, but the 360 and the PS3 have had this since the day they launched. The controls are not all that much better than what came with the original Wii. The tablet control is nice, but it is in no way a game changer like the Wii's original motion control was. The controls are certainly not an improvement to the Move and they do not even touch the Kinect.

Quite honestly, the only people I know that were clamoring to get a Wii U were the hard core Nintendo fans. Couple this with the very high probability that the next PS and Xbox will be out in 12 months, the Wii U was just too little too late.

stevehousse

As a gamer, I have had everything over the years from Nintendos segas to play stations and we currently have n xbox360. I just don't get the concept of wii u it seems pointless to me! I don't really care about playing a game on a tablet and if I wnted to do that I would stic with my iPad! It just seems unecessary! The wii u to me is like the virtual Nintendo concept! I think it'll be a dud! I just wish u could get Mario games on ps3 or xbox360!

erasure fan1

Quite honestly, the only people I know that were clamoring to get a Wii U were the hard core Nintendo fans. Couple this with the very high probability that the next PS and Xbox will be out in 12 months, the Wii U was just too little too late.
Very true. The only real chance they have (in my eyes) is Nintendos BIG DOGS (zelda, metroid, donkey kong...) But even then, as you say, too little too late.

Siren

Wii U needs another title desperately. Where on earth is the official untouchable Mario game, that should be available to purchase with every Nintendo platform? Super Mario Bros. doesn't cut it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom