Joe Rhode in Animal Kingdom now...

Goofnut1980

Maybe he is off today and just enjoying the park to have some fun... or scoping out the land before Kathy comes through!

How embarrassing would that be if she saw the Yeti not working... :p

WDW1974

It really isn't newsworthy when the lead creative for a park is seen in that park. ... Kinda like seeing the manager of your local Walmart in the Walmart.

And can we all learn how to spell people's names? Joe Rohde ... and, another one, John Lasseter ... and even Bob Iger. Not that tough.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It really isn't newsworthy when the lead creative for a park is seen in that park. ... Kinda like seeing the manager of your local Walmart in the Walmart.

And can we all learn how to spell people's names? Joe Rohde ... and, another one, John Lasseter ... and even Bob Iger. Not that tough.
I think in this instance it is news. Joe is not the park VP, which would be more inline with your example. The fact that AVATAR is brewing and he is around is newsworthy for me.

WDW1974

I think in this instance it is news. Joe is not the park VP, which would be more inline with your example. The fact that AVATAR is brewing and he is around is newsworthy for me.

He's around more often than he isn't these days, Steve. ... Since his work on Aulani wrapped, the vast majority of his time has been spent in O-town and DAK in particular.

I'd much rather hear that they spoke to him and he guaranteed that all the effects missing on EE, CTX and KS are going to be fixed and that those hideous nets that have appeared around the ToL (thanks to the lawyers) will be leaving. ... But that's just me.

BTW, different subject I know but since I got your attention, do you know what was behind the decision to raise lunch prices at the new BoG by 25-30% while it is still in soft opening?

RSoxNo1

BTW, different subject I know but since I got your attention, do you know what was behind the decision to raise lunch prices at the new BoG by 25-30% while it is still in soft opening?

All I know is that raising prices at a restaurant that has ridiculously high demand was the easiest thing in the world to predict.

misterID

Isn't this something you learn in a basic economics class? Demand...?

You mean, the price-gouging chapter for the new, pretty lights... I appreciate it's new and they want to raise prices when they see people wanting to try it... But I'll be eating lunch at The Boardwalk.

Back on topic, from my time here on this site and the amount of these "Saw Joe Rohde today at AK" threads that pop up here, I'd say he's the most visible person from all the park heads.

luv

I don't care about any of the Disney mgmt peeps except Joe Rohde. I really like that guy. The AK is am amazing park and he is just kind of charming and appealing.

I'd be happy to see him. And I'm happy for you that you did.

Was he wearing one of those earrings that make you want to remove it from his ear? I love that guy, but those earring! I just got a little shiver in my shoulders thinking about those things.

wdw71fan

neither is being nice, but you seem to struggle with that one a lot.

asianway

He's around more often than he isn't these days, Steve. ... Since his work on Aulani wrapped, the vast majority of his time has been spent in O-town and DAK in particular.

I'd much rather hear that they spoke to him and he guaranteed that all the effects missing on EE, CTX and KS are going to be fixed and that those hideous nets that have appeared around the ToL (thanks to the lawyers) will be leaving. ... But that's just me.

The prices were being discounted during the early period intentionally-the soda(ok pop!) was like $2.33 when $2.79 is standard around property. Perhaps to make up for any glitches during testing?

misterID

neither is being nice, but you seem to struggle with that one a lot.

goodgrief.jpg

wdwfan22

Joe is on the executive level which is far from a manager at Walmart.

The Empress Lilly

I suppose it's too much to hope that he's actually there to see about fixing the yeti?
Oh, Rodhe would have the Yeti fixed already. He lobbied to nibble some of the Avatarland funding away to adress some long-standing issues with DAK. Like $100 million.

Alas, with Kathy Magnum on board, I think the odds of Rhode getting his way just evaporated. Kathy Maggum's sole interest is overseeing Av'land, her career is linked with the succes of that one, not with cleaning up the six year old mess of Rodeh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom