Anyone know why ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
... the MK is scheduled to be open from 8 a.m. until 1 a.m. tonight/Tuesday, Weds. and Thurs.

That seems very odd and unprecedented for the time of year.

I also see that TPFKaTD-MGMS is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday. Who's renting the park that night? The FLA GOP?:D (yeah, that's a joke ... the first of Election Day. No Republican or baby was hurt in the telling of said joke)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Maybe there's an influx of folks trying to avoid the election and its results?

Dasnowz

Thursday is a Disney event. Its cast recognition night. Its also the start of Ozbourne ( sp) Lights.

The 1 am opening is due to Fantasyland stuff going on.

edited cause I am tired and can't spell this early in the morning :)

Bolt

... the MK is scheduled to be open from 8 a.m. until 1 a.m. tonight/Tuesday, Weds. and Thurs.

I also see that TPFKaTD-MGMS is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday. Who's renting the park that night? The FLA GOP?:D (yeah, that's a joke ... the first of Election Day. No Republican or baby was hurt in the telling of said joke)

I also think they are trying to offset the expected large attendance of the weekend with FOTM, MVMCP, Golf Classic and Veteran's Day 3-Day weekend.

rudyjr13

Touring Plans (not sure if you hate them or not) posted a blog article suggesting it was due to the fantasyland previews as someone else mentioned.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/1...g-hours-extended-for-select-days-in-november/

NJEA, the teacher convention in AC aka Jersey Week, was canceled due to Sandy and each school system could choose to remain open.

wiigirl

Isn't it Jersey week?

lol...that should be interesting? :p
75.gif

RSoxNo1

As far as I know there are Fantasyland previews up through 1 AM. I think it's a way of saving face after the initial sign up didn't work out well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Touring Plans (not sure if you hate them or not) posted a blog article suggesting it was due to the fantasyland previews as someone else mentioned.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/1...g-hours-extended-for-select-days-in-november/

NJEA, the teacher convention in AC aka Jersey Week, was canceled due to Sandy and each school system could choose to remain open.

But if anyone was planning to take a Disney vacation this week, they probably wouldn't change thier plans.

Rob562

I'll be there Nov. 10-17... Here's hoping it will be less crowded then...

The hours for the MK were also expanded to 8am-1am for most days next week, too.

Between the expanded hours and EMH, there are only 4 days on my upcoming 11-day trip where I *won't* be able to be in the MK until at least 1am. (And those 4 days are the MVMCP nights)

-Rob

rudyjr13

Back from morning at MK. Much less crowded than past 3 days in my opinion. Leaving the park at 1:30 there was tons of elbow room on Main. Hot again today when the sun came out. Heading back for castle lights later.

CBOMB

Are you positive about that?

TowerOfTerror

I also think they are trying to offset the expected large attendance of the weekend with FOTM, MVMCP, Golf Classic and Veteran's Day 3-Day weekend.

Plus the Food and Wine half marathon is this weekend too. It's an onslaught of events this weekend at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom