Cameron has given the OK ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
... to WDI's current plans for Pandora, and bids will be put out for construction work.

I am not postive as to the exact makeup of said land, but it appears Disney 'won' the battle and there will be two attractions and NOT the three that had been pushed for.

But I am awaiting further details before I post more.

Also, note this has NOTHING to do with ongoing plans for a major makeover of TPFKaTD-MGMS.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, if the DHS plans are moving forward as well, then I guess I've heard worse news.

bubbles1812

Seriously? And not shocking that Disney went the cheapo route of not doing three rides... I'm going to guess they keep Soarin' over Pandora and axe the actual cool ride that would appeal the most to the masses (ie the bike coaster). So I guess this would put the budget at 400 million? That was the reported goal of Disney for the price tag. To really make the area great (and long lasting), I think they really at least needed to spend 500 million. But I will give Disney credit for going forward on the project should this all prove true and will wait to see concept art/more plans before making any judgements. I am on the side of wanting Avatar to happen...I do think it has potential. Just choosing to be cautious until I hear about the plans and the budget.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

This certainly is definitely interesting news! Thanks for the update! Now we can put speculation to bed and speculate on what the area will consist of. Over/under for concept art released on Dec. 7th?

twebber55

... to WDI's current plans for Pandora, and bids will be put out for construction work.

I am not postive as to the exact makeup of said land, but it appears Disney 'won' the battle and there will be two attractions and NOT the three that had been pushed for.

But I am awaiting further details before I post more.

Also, note this has NOTHING to do with ongoing plans for a major makeover of TPFKaTD-MGMS.
trying to decide if im excited or not...like the idea of Pandora but on the cheap seems so you know cheap...lol

bubbles1812

Sounds like great news to me. TWDC needs to start investing in WDW once again and with a combined FLE at MK, Avatarland at DAK, and Carsland at DHS, even TDWC's strongest critics will have to acknowledge that, after a 10+ year slumber, WDW is moving forward once again.

I would agree... sort of. I feel like I have to wait for the plans on both Carsland and Avatarland before deciding if TDWC is truly moving forward or still skating by (relatively speaking). It is really exciting to see they are going to build new lands. I mean that. But at the same time, I worry a bit because WDW tends to do things on the cheap (again relatively speaking). Two rides where one is a clone of another ride just a few minutes a way worries me a bit. I would rather see the "zoo" and the bike coaster or at least the soarin' clone and the bike coaster than just the "zoo" and the soarin' clone. If that's their big E ticket (which I won't be surprised if it is), I'll at least find it disappointing. WDI is better than that and WDW deserves better than that. I wish they had "splurged" for three... I think that was the way they would make Avatarland a slam dunk. With two rides, I'm not so sure. I guess we shall see. But yes, ParentsOf4, should this all really pan out, I will at least concede they are waking up the problems they have. Now only if they'd fix Splash Mountain... ;)

twebber55

Seriously? And not shocking that Disney went the cheapo route of not doing three rides... I'm going to guess they keep Soarin' over Pandora and axe the actual cool ride that would appeal the most to the masses (ie the bike coaster). So I guess this would put the budget at 400 million? That was the reported goal of Disney for the price tag. To really make the area great (and long lasting), I think they really at least needed to spend 500 million. But I will give Disney credit for going forward on the project should this all prove true and will wait to see concept art/more plans before making any judgements. I am on the side of wanting Avatar to happen...I do think it has potential. Just choosing to be cautious until I hear about the plans and the budget.
cant say it better myself bubbles

bubbles1812

This certainly is definitely interesting news! Thanks for the update! Now we can put speculation to bed and speculate on what the area will consist of. Over/under for concept art released on Dec. 7th?

74' is certainly reliable and I trust him/his sources but even with Cameron giving the purported "ok," this is no way confirms that the thing will get built. Projects have been given the green light before and still haven't been built. I probably will still choose to remain a bit skeptical until I start seeing steel beams rising. Sorry Georgia, not trying to burst the bubble because I feel excited too... but to ask that speculation be put to bed...it still might be a tad premature. Like the others just said...we've been down this road before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom