Need a full size picture of Marbles Door at Rockin' Rollercoaster

planters49

Original Poster
I'm building a door like the marbles door in the waiting line on Rockin Rollercoaster and was wondering if anybody had a picture of the full door. All I can find on the internet are pictures of the half the door, etc.

Also would anybody have any idea of a way to contact the department at disney world that made the doors?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If it is not too much trouble please post what you find. I would love to build a set of doors like this as well and the grid holding the marbles is without question the hardest part. I have a few ideas on how to do it but I would love to see what they actually did.

planters49

Original Poster
My plan is to get a solid wood door and cut out the panels and then route the edges out. Then lay the back side metal piece in, then put the marbles in, then lay the front metal piece in. I'm going to put some wood trim around the front and back routed edges to hold everything into place. That's my plan anyway. The small scale mockup will show if this will work or not.

I would like to see a picture of the entire door though so I can see if the top and bottom panels are the same size.

MattC

I wonder how many people touch those doors in a day. I feel like every time I'm in line at that spot everyone around me must run their hands up and down those doors. Like they have never heard those marbles before.

planters49

Original Poster
I finished building the door. The wire mesh I used is item number 1687001641 at http://www.mcnichols.com/ . I used 14mm transparent marbles that I bought from from www.rainbowturtle.com . I sandwiched the marbles between two sheets of the mesh (after painting the mesh) and held the mesh together with small screws and nuts. Each panel slid into a channel in the door frame. Then the top and bottom of the door was screwed and glued to the door frame sides.

20120928_181808.jpg

20120928_181640.jpg

20120928_181620.jpg

Kramerica

That is incredibly impressive! Well done sir. Certainly something to be proud of.

I have to ask, what kind of room does this awesome door lead into?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That is incredibly impressive! Well done sir. Certainly something to be proud of.

I have to ask, what kind of room does this awesome door lead into?

It leads into a display of old recording studio and rock memorabilia. You turn to the left after entering here, and are at the end of the main queue, where CMs link the FastPass and Standby lines and set you up for the pre-show. When you see the Marble Doors, you know you are close!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom