Who has witnessed "The Kiss Goodnight" in MK?

wsmith1978

Original Poster
Is it worth sticking around for? I've been there 4 times and just now found out about it! LOL At what point does it happen? Right at park closing or shortly after?

maryszhi

Is it worth sticking around for? I've been there 4 times and just now found out about it! LOL At what point does it happen? Right at park closing or shortly after?
yes and at the end of the night when they are closing the park. its so moving i love it. its a must do!

wiigirl

Personally I like to see it, but the kids start crashing....but I always try to see it.
75.gif

plaz10

I just saw it for the first time this trip! It was about 45 min to an hour after closing. It isn't something that is amazing or anything but it's cute. And I feel special seeing it since obviously not everyone is still at the parks. It's worth seeing once per trip...but not every night you're in MK.

wsmith1978

Original Poster
Is it ever a problem to stay 45 minutes after closing? Aren't CMs pushing you out the gates at that point?

JIMINYCR

I don't get it. Why is it called "The goodnight kiss"?

Cause it signals the end of your magical day in the park, wishes you good night as you begin to exit the park.
Leaves you with a last memory of the castle as it dims and then changes colors. At that point the "show on stage" ends. We always stay to view it, not only cause its part of our MK tradition but it allows the exiting crowds to thin out.

rufio

Cause it signals the end of your magical day in the park, wishes you good night as you begin to exit the park.
Leaves you with a last memory of the castle as it dims and then changes colors. At that point the "show on stage" ends. We always stay to view it, not only cause its part of our MK tradition but it allows the exiting crowds to thin out.

Ahh. I think I will stay for it in December. I was just expecting a really kiss of some sort from Mickey and Minnie or perhaps one of the princesses and her prince.

luv

Honestly, I don't think it is a big deal. I'd never hang around just to see that.

I know some people really like it...and to each, his own, for sure...but I don't get the love for it at all.

Not saying you shouldn't hang around to see it, but if you do and you're then saying, "Seriously? That's it? I waited for that?!" ...you can't say you weren't warned, lol.

If you do hang around...let us know how you liked it!

JIMINYCR

Ahh. I think I will stay for it in December. I was just expecting a really kiss of some sort from Mickey and Minnie or perhaps one of the princesses and her prince.

Be nice to get a princess kiss, but those lips would get chapped and fall off from giving a kiss out to everyone exiting the park. ;)

timeman

I think they do it twice, once for the guests at closing and another one for the hotel rooms facing the castle as the guests getting back from the Magic Kingdom.

They actually do it three or four times each night. After they do it the first time they do it again every 30 minutes. If you want to get the exact times they will be doing it, ask a CM at City Hall.

Cosmic Commando

Here's mine. It's not all that hard to stay 45 mins past closing... get in a line right before closing and that could easily be a half hour between ride time and waiting, then take a couple pictures on your way out. I ended up on the second floor of the train station for a good 1.5 hours after the park closed. I didn't feel bad because I could still see lots of other guests leaving the park. When the crowds really started to thin out, then I headed out; I don't want to keep any CM's later than they have to be there!

The Empress Lilly

It's not hard at all to wait for the Kiss goodnight!

Me I just stand on Main Street with my mouth wide open as I gawk at the beauty of the Castle for half an hour.

I do plan to someday do something about the puddle forming 'round my feet from the drool dripping from my chin.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yeah, Kiss Goodnight isn't hard at all. Specially if you do a ride late (I recommend Splash for the view of the Castle at night, or Space...for the wait...they will keep you late there depending on the day).

I've seen it several times on my various trips, and it's fun to say you've experienced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom