Does anyone miss Alien Encounter, or is it just me?

Doombuggy13

I only wish I could have experienced it just once. I went to the MK many times before AE then never started going back till after it got "Stitched Up" so to speak.

Tyler Moore

Original Poster
I only wish I could have experienced it just once. I went to the MK many times before AE then never started going back till after it got "Stitched Up" so to speak.
Although I love AE I can see why they took it away. It wasn't very "Disney-Like", if you know what I mean. It was not kid friendly AT ALL since it was so scary; even for some adults. If you want to see a quick POV of it heres a link:

mickeysbrother

I miss it a bunch!! Loved it.. And did u also know that when it first opened it was 5 times scarier then when it shut down!!! Disney had to downgage the creepiness cause it was too scary!

DisneyWall-E

I loved Alien Encounter. But, I do understand why it was changed. I remember being scared the first time I watched it, and I was a teen when that happened. I can imagine that too many parents didnt bother with the warning signs and thought oh well its a Disney ride how scary could it be. Then spending the next hour or so trying to calm down there child. Also, I wonder how many complaints they got from said parents?

Tyler Moore

Original Poster
I loved Alien Encounter. But, I do understand why it was changed. I remember being scared the first time I watched it, and I was a teen when that happened. I can imagine that too many parents didnt bother with the warning signs and thought oh well its a Disney ride how scary could it be. Then spending the next hour or so trying to calm down there child. Also, I wonder how many complaints they got from said parents?
Probably a lot. Disney has always tried to stay family oriented and original with all of their attractions and I think Alien Encounter was just an exception, so I agree its not to surprising it was removed.

wiigirl

I miss it!
75.gif

stlbobby

I loved AE, but I understand why it closed, besides the fear factor it was not very repeatable. It was so effective at scaring people that once you had gone through it and knew all the surprises it really lost its luster. It was always a low priority for me unless I was touring with someone who'd never been on it. That tended to keep the lines short.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what I was told, it was the most complained about attraction in all of WDW by a fairly large margin.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
@Master Yoda. I have heard this before, but do you think it would have worked better at another park like DHS?
Possibly, but who is to say. Considering the problems that they had with M:S I doubt it would have made a difference. The problem is that Disney has a stigma for family friendly attractions. No matter how many warnings you put up or how severe you make them sound people still go at it with the "It is Disney. How bad could it be?" attitude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom