Best Disney tip you ever got!

atigs

I've got a few, that might have already been said on here...but oh well!

1) If there's a parade, or it's just generally pretty crowded, cut through the Main Street shops instead of walking through the street itself. You'll have plenty of time to get pictures and what not later on in the day but if there's a rush and you want to get straight to Space, go through the shops and alleys and slip to the right through the Noodle pavilion! You can do the same thing at MGM through the villains candy shop.

2) Go to Animal Kingdom when it's raining! I always think otherwise but then, by chance, end up there when it's pouring and it's the perfect time to go! You probably think you need sunshine for animals but trust me--no one goes when it's rainy, and it's worth it because wait times are GREAT!

3) Take advantage of Epcot's amazing beverage updates. GO to Cava del Tequila and Tutto Gusto! The drinks are amazing, around the same price as they are at quick stops around the showcase, and MUCHHH less sweet. Which is good. Also, try the Horchata liquer at Cava because it's so authentic-tasting and to die for.

4) If you're not afraid of sitting alone, always check to see where single riders can go and GET in that line. So worth it.

flowerpicker713

1.Don't stop moving. If you're not sure where you are, just keep walking. The parks are circles or straight lines. You will find something you were looking for.
2.Smile at the Castmembers. They have good hearts, and if you're college or almost-college age, they might have some good info on the internships WDW offers.
3.If you like pin collecting, hit the shops outside of the park. Most of the time they're cheaper, and you can even get Hidden Mickey pins that way. Plus, you can trade with CM's (They have to give you the pin you want)
4. Get your packages sent up to the gate. So much more pleasant.
5. Rather than do "Hidden Mickey Hunts" with young kids, look through the book ahead of time. Point a few out to them, and then let them speculate. If they say its there, it is.
5.5 Don't buy the book,check out his website: www.hiddenmickeyguy.com
6. Watch the parades from the end of the routes. You can sit down, have a snack. All the performers are still there, and kids are far more likely to get a wave from Mickey/Minnie/Peter Pan/Whoever.
7. The last one goes double for the Main Street Electrical Parade. Because then you've got the lovely dark walk through Frontierland,Liberty Square, the Hub, and Main Street USA. Photo op's abound since the park is majestically lit, and everyone has already left. Cute photo of your kid with the Walt and Mickey statue, anyone?
8. Hollywood Studios has actors that travel in packs. I always seem to catch them at ToT, but they're hysterical.
9. Throw a small container of baby powder in your bag. It helps alleviate the afternoon stickies.
10. Disney issues Guest Assistance Cards. If you have troubles that might be aggravated by theme park environments, see Guest Relations. They can usually find a way to help you.
11. Don't bring bottled water, ask the Quick-Service lunches for a glass of ice water. It's free. If you don't like Florida water (a.k.a. the water from Shamu's tank), bring drink mixes made for water bottles. A family of four will save about $12 every time they get a drink.
12. Watch MK's fireworks from the Tommorowland Speedway. You can still watch the fireworks and hear the music, but you get in another ride.
13. Give away your unused fastpasses. My best memory is some random man walking up to me and handing me one for Space Mountain. It was closing, I hadn't gotten to ride it, we left the next day. Can you say happy child????
14. Adults: YOU ARE NOT TOO OLD FOR THE TEACUPS.
15. Make a Disney playlist, burn it to a CD/iPod, and play it before you go to the parks. (I start playing mine about three weeks before...)
16. Only pack one backpack. Keep it light, and take turns carrying it. Rather than having everyone carrying things, you'll all feel a little lighter.
17. Save Splash Mountain for later in the day. It's only nice to be soaking wet when its really hot out.
18. "If you don't like the weather in Florida, wait ten minutes. It'll change." An old family saying. Don't be bummed by the t-storms. Go ride and inside ride, have dinner, something out of the rain. It'll let up and the rides will start again.
19.A washcloth gets the seats dry after the storms. Those tiny collapsible dollar ones work well.
20. Disney made everything interactive. Pull on ropes, touch crates. The people who designed these parks aren't idiots. They know if they put a "Do Not Open" sign on something, someone's going to open it. Usually there's a funny reward for doing so. (Don't wander into back alleys though. Things like crates in public, ropes in wells, those are okay. CM areas aren't.)
23. Take the time to see the Roy and Minnie statue. That one makes me cry.
22. Put down the camera. Stage a few photo sessions, but after that, forget it. If you don't capture every single moment, that's okay. Junior would rather you ran towards Mickey with him than got a picture of his back as he ran towards Mickey. "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."—Walt Disney

steviej

You can get Dole Whip at Captain Cook's at the Poly. You pay at the counter and it's self serve!!! I've gone many a times, and also helped my self to seconds and no one said a thing!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!? looks like i'm staying at the poly next trip lol, dole whip at 4 am it is! i'm assuming captain cooks is still 24 hrs?

wdwmomof3

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!? looks like i'm staying at the poly next trip lol, dole whip at 4 am it is! i'm assuming captain cooks is still 24 hrs?

The lines were so long for the dole whips at MK, and since we were headed to the poly anyway we just got one there. I only wish they had the dole whip float. I didn't see it there.

disneynut4u

ok, I know this may be an "uncouth" (spelling?) tip, BUT I read on one of these forums one year about using roll-on anti-perspirant solid for your feet. It helps prevent blisters. After my very first trip in 2000, and blisters on 6 out of 10 toes (slight exaggeration), I tried it on the next trip. IT WORKS FOR ME!!! I even use this for work, since I'm on my feet all day. I never go on a trip now without solids for my feet!

6laurac

wells, those are okay. CM areas aren't.)
23. Take the time to see the Roy and Minnie statue. That one makes me cry.
22. Put down the camera. Stage a few photo sessions, but after that, forget it. If you don't capture every single moment, that's okay. Junior would rather you ran towards Mickey with him than got a picture of his back as he ran towards Mickey. "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."—Walt Disney [/quote]

These are just wonderful

twinnstar

i dont know if someone said this, but when you are in MK, at the end of Main Street - walk to the LEFT, through Adventureland. I cant remember if the park was designed to push people towards the right, or if it was just that people walk right instinctively, but either way - if you go in the opposite direction, you will be going in the opposite direction of the crowds (it worked awesomely DL!) :)

Mikester71

Bring baggies -- seriously...everyone has high tech these days. Bring baggies for your pockets for all those times it starts to rain, or for riding Splash Mountain, etc...so you can put your wallet, phone, and compact camera into them to keep everything dry.

Was just thinking of this one myself, Ron. :D I usually put a baggy or two in my backpack for just such occasions. Never know when you may end up needing them. Also do it when I go to outdoor concerts and that back home here if there's a chance of rain. :)

l4dybu6

Head to the back of the parks first if you get there early in the day. Most people go front to back, so there will be less people

I know this has been said, but BRING YOUR OWN BOTTLED WATER! It saves so much money!

Please don't be the family that stops in the middle of the walkway or is walking the opposite direction as everyone! This is VERY annoying

Weather_Lady

ok, I know this may be an "uncouth" (spelling?) tip, BUT I read on one of these forums one year about using roll-on anti-perspirant solid for your feet. It helps prevent blisters. After my very first trip in 2000, and blisters on 6 out of 10 toes (slight exaggeration), I tried it on the next trip. IT WORKS FOR ME!!! I even use this for work, since I'm on my feet all day. I never go on a trip now without solids for my feet!

...and I bet your feet smell fabulous, too! :)

luv

I got my best advice from the Unofficial Guide.

Take a nap! Especially if you are doing rope drops and staying out late for fireworks.

Don't carry a bunch of crap to the parks. What feels light when you leave the room will seem heavy later. And if it feels kinda heavy to begin with, you'll hate it by the end of the day. Don't take, "We might need this" stuff. Just take, "I knowi will absolutely, positively, without any doubt NEED this and I can't get a smaller version" stuff.

My best advice that I learned on my own...

Go to bed early the first night. You're tired after you travel and it takes longer to fall asleep the first night.

Don't leave a park to go eat somewhere else and then go back. It sucks up huge chunks of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom