Menus for BOG

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It all looks good to me. I'm wondering what my ultra picky pre-schooler is going to eat, when she basically eats only things that start in "Chicken" and end in either "Nuggets" or "Fingers". I guess maybe she'll just have to have a snack before heading in. I know that she's not eating a thing on that kids menu. That is of course if we can fight the good fight and get ADRs anyway.

maryszhi

It all looks good to me. I'm wondering what my ultra picky pre-schooler is going to eat, when she basically eats only things that start in "Chicken" and end in either "Nuggets" or "Fingers". I guess maybe she'll just have to have a snack before heading in. I know that she's not eating a thing on that kids menu. That is of course if we can fight the good fight and get ADRs anyway.
when you make the reservation, ask if they can accommodate the request of chicken nuggets and fries. they almost always can as long as it is something they have on property.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
when you make the reservation, ask if they can accommodate the request of chicken nuggets and fries. they almost always can as long as it is something they have on property.
Thank you, I had not thought of that. I'm torn between trying to accommodate my ultra-picky eater, and making her try something new. Maybe just by the nature of being in the "castle", she'll be willing to go for something new.
First things first, getting ADRs.

aladdin2007

Interesting that I'm more interested in their lunch counter service offerings over the dinner menu. It's going to be a great addition.

I agree actually. Cant wait to see all the prices though, will be interesting. But was it really wise to have something called Ratatouille on the menu???

docnabox

No doubt that this will be a big hit and tough to get into for a long time. I will be on the phone as soon as they start taking reservations to try to get a spot for my nurse who I am sending down with her family for their first ever trip in November. She has said that this is a MUST for her kids.

However, and maybe it is just me, but I think the menu for dinner is a little uninspired and yet a little froo-froo at the same time. I know menu selection at WDW restaurants has diminished with the DDP but it seems a little limited. I always figured it might be hard to find the right balance but I am not sure they hit the mark.

I am especially surprised about the dessert selection. This is a French restaurant and the French make amazing desserts and all they offer are cupcakes and cream puffs? I am sure they will be quite tasty but I would have expected something more.

And before anyone goes off about me being negative before it has even opened or before I have even tried it etc., just don't. I am just posting my thoughts like everyone else - not real criticisms just observations at first glance.

cslafferty

Original Poster
I'm thinking that this might just be sort of a "starter" menu, because I, too, thought the menu was slightly lacking in the amount of choices and . . . how should I put it . . . pizzazz. Maybe once they've been operating for a little while, have worked out all the "kinks", and have gotten some feedback, they'll expand the menu. Just my thoughts.

Bolna

I am especially surprised about the dessert selection. This is a French restaurant and the French make amazing desserts and all they offer are cupcakes and cream puffs? I am sure they will be quite tasty but I would have expected something more.

And before anyone goes off about me being negative before it has even opened or before I have even tried it etc., just don't. I am just posting my thoughts like everyone else - not real criticisms just observations at first glance.

I agree with regard to the dessert selection: cupcakes as desserts in a French restaurant while at the same time nearly every table service restaurant on property serves creme brûlée, the classic French dessert?? Strange... :confused:

The other thing I noticed is that it says that all entrees include a dessert - how does that fit with the healthier eating initiative that Disney has otherwise? What is the point of making all buns wheat buns (I actually like those, but I have read many complaints) at the CS places and then make everyone order dessert at the BoG restaurant?

wiigirl

Interesting that I'm more interested in their lunch counter service offerings over the dinner menu. It's going to be a great addition.

I agree....the lunch menu looks great! :)
75.gif

RSoxNo1

I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the menu to be honest. I don't know what I was expecting though and still plan on trying the strip steak when I'm there.

ChrisM

I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the menu to be honest. I don't know what I was expecting though and still plan on trying the strip steak when I'm there.

I can't say the lunch menu looks like anything extraordinary. I think it looks roughly like Panera or Corner Bakery. A definite improvement over most of the slop they serve up around the MK, but I'm not exactly looking at the place as some sort of dining destination.

Sort of a "hey, I'm totally jazzed that this place might not totally suck ***!"

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I can't say the lunch menu looks like anything extraordinary. I think it looks roughly like Panera or Corner Bakery. A definite improvement over most of the slop they serve up around the MK, but I'm not exactly looking at the place as some sort of dining destination.

Sort of a "hey, I'm totally jazzed that this place might not totally suck ***!"

Agree totally here, but when the choice is either burgers, chicken fingers, taco salad, or these, I'm glad to have this option. Nothing at WDW at all is going to be something I cant get better, cheaper at home, but the MK is notoriously bad at having food options. It's nice to not have to eat another round of burgers for a change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom