Cinderella's new look...

BrightImagine

Original Poster
Ok, this is the first time I've ever started a thread, and I feel a little silly dwelling on this... but if I can't share it in a Disney forum, then where can I? A couple of weeks ago we visited our local Disney store, and on almost all of the merchandise, Cinderella had a new look. Her hair had been changed, and even her face looked... younger.

Here she is on a lunch bag: http://www.disneystore.com/cinderella-cinderella-lunch-tote/mp/1307455/1000014/

And here she is on a party plate.
34855-cinderella-sparkle-dessert-plates.jpg

I have always like Cinderella's very 1950 makeup and "fluffy" hairstyle, so I wasn't fond of this change. I tried to ignore it thinking it was just going to be on merchandise... but recently I saw this picture used on a Disney Movie Rewards sweepstakes. So now I am thinking maybe this is Cinderella's "new image." What do you think?

Animaniac93-98

It's the newest look for all the Princesses. They go trhough these once a year and the all look terrible. It all looks like an attempt to compete with Barbie-ish marketing and nothing really to do with selling the actual movies, but that's why it probably works.

BrightImagine

Original Poster
It's the newest look for all the Princesses. They go trhough these once a year and the all look terrible. It all looks like an attempt to compete with Barbie-ish marketing and nothing really to do with selling the actual movies, but that's why it probably works.

You're right... I see on their website that Belle and Ariel also got new hairdos... I guess Cinderella's just stood out the most to me.
http://www.disneystore.com/belle/mn/1000074/?catalogFromSearch=10002
I hope it will pass.

Fern

I really don't like it too. I think they shouldn't do something too change classic princess look coz it still well. I don't know why disney did like this. I hope all of princess will be back in the original look.

Fern

I really don't like it too. I think they shouldn't do something too change classic princess look coz it still well. I don't know why disney did like this. I hope all of princess will be back in the original look.
In this new look it's not soft beauty or kind like original look I think. However I guest that it is a business. If they has a bad feedback, it will become the same. I just hope that will happen quickly!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom