EMH To Be Cut By An Hour?

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
Someone posted on DisBoards that EMH, staring in January 2013, will be reduced by 1 hour each night... Can anyone confirm??? I figure January's calendar should be released soon...

Club34

I guess I can't really complain because the whole "world" is so empty when I go in January (my usual vacation time) but I will anyway. Booooo! I can tell you that its just EMPTY when we go during EMHs early or late. Awesome!! Too bad it had to end. Hey, can they reinstate an extra hour in the evening for AK once a week. I miss that. If you've never been to AK in the dark, you missed a real treat.

NYwdwfan

Are the monorails still not operating for EMH for MK resort guests? So this is the second on site perk that was cut in the past year? Hmmm - not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling...

maxairmike

It makes a lot of sense, really. That third and final hour even rides like Space Mountain will be down to a 15 minute wait or less, in the middle of summer. It's probably to the point where the benefits of guest satisfaction versus staffing and time lost for third shift/maintenance just isn't worth it. I don't usually do evening EMH at the other parks, so I don't know how it goes at EPCOT or DHS, but at the MK, especially days when they're open until midnight anyway...the majority (like 75% or more) just can't get through that whole time.

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
I would hope that this is just for the slow seasons. I would think so considering that they just said they are extending park hours through August, which would be part of their busy season. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Don't look to August's hours as proof of anything... The change starts January 2013, not August 2012... I wouldn't doubt if this cut goes for every month... Raise prices, reduce offering... WDW/TDO's M.O.

spacemt354

Chili's
Wow. 2 hours is not enough time. Even if you wait 15-20 minutes for attractions you can only ride about 5-6. That's disappointing. Hopefully it's just for value seasons, because 2 hours is not a perk at all for the summer crowds. It's always that 3rd hour where the lines typically go down and you get to enjoy everything, and now it's gone

nepalostparks

A disappointing change for a number of guests, that's for sure. I wish they would at least bring back the evening EMH at Animal Kingdom if they are going to reduce it to 2 hours resort wide.

flynnibus

Premium Member
the first hour of EMH is still very busy.. it's not really till the 2+ hour that things start thinning out.

Just another story that will be spun as 'based on guest satisfaction..'

I would applaud the change if they would actually make such a change to improve the product, like saying running that many hours a day so often impedes their ability to maintain the product. But I don't see that coming or being leveraged.

devoy1701

I wonder how they will spin this one. Seems like a very blatent example of cutting perks to me. I wonder if this is yet another prep step for XPass or whatever the official name of that thing is now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom