PICTURE: Casey Splash n Soak Open

Ignohippo

It looks really odd fenced in like that. I'm it's because they don't want kids climbing on it, but they should have built Casey larger so that wouldn't have been an issue.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Update: Touring Plans twitter feed now reports that Casey is now open and working, and the place is "bananas," the Pooh Meet 'n Greet is opening up today, and although the walls are down at Dumbo #2, it's not spinning yet.

It's great to see those construction walls moved back!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The fencing off is odd. I can only assume it's to avoid a Tigger's bouncy spot incident...

Yeah, that seems likely. If you look at the Casey Jr engine there are steps leading up to the cab area, and it really looks like the intention was at some point to allow kids to climb up there.

NYwdwfan

It looks really odd fenced in like that. I'm it's because they don't want kids climbing on it, but they should have built Casey larger so that wouldn't have been an issue.

In my experience, the only thing that keeps SOME kids from climbing on things is when it's encased in glass.

Looks amazing. Can't wait to see photos of both Dumbos spinning.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Yeah, that seems likely. If you look at the Casey Jr engine there are steps leading up to the cab area, and it really looks like the intention was at some point to allow kids to climb up there.

Hopefully they'll be able to put immovable "doors" over the cab to prevent kids from going through, and then remove that awful corral fence, which I'm hoping is just a temporary fix spurred by last-minute concerns of the legal team. The rest of the area looks so charming, but that fence sticks out like a sore thumb.

tsaintc

I can understand the reasons behind the fence, but I also think it is awful. Hope they come up with a better alternative.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In the picture on the Disney Park Blog you can see that the front of the fence has a gate on it. The gate make it thematically more logical, which would lead me to believe this isn't temporary.

bunnyman

Please, stop complaining about every little thing. First the circus tent interactive area, now the fence around the train engine. Would you rather they had no fence, some kid climbs up, falls off, and sues WDW, and they end up taking out the whole train (see Tigger's bouncy area), or put the protective fence in from day? WDW is in the midst of a very large improvement project and I swear people are complaining about the smallest detail (i.e. " Gee, the new ride is great, but did you see that the pebble in the third scene was out of alignment by 1 cm?"). Enough!:mad:

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Please, stop complaining about every little thing. First the circus tent interactive area, now the fence around the train engine. Would you rather they had no fence, some kid climbs up, falls off, and sues WDW, and they end up taking out the whole train (see Tigger's bouncy area), or put the protective fence in from day? WDW is in the midst of a very large improvement project and I swear people are complaining about the smallest detail (i.e. " Gee, the new ride is great, but did you see that the pebble in the third scene was out of alignment by 1 cm?"). Enough!:mad:

We call it "constructive criticism." If you don't want to read the bad with the good, you're in the wrong place, my friend... and for the record, I was one of the first and only people to give a big thumbs up to the Dumbo interactive queue. I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em. :)

bunnyman

We call it "constructive criticism." If you don't want to read the bad with the good, you're in the wrong place, my friend... and for the record, I was one of the first and only people to give a big thumbs up to the Dumbo interactive queue. I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em. :)

For what it is worth, I actually was not calling attention to your comment. I found this thread and was quite pleased to see some good news on progress taking place. But it seems that as expected after you introduction, the discussion devolved into a complaint fest. As to every comment being constructive criticism, while some of it can be, in other cases it is just the case that some people only ever complain and find fault with things.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I am not complaining about the fence, I am just trying to understand why it is there. I have a hard time believing that they had always intended it to be there, so I am curious as to what lead to it's inclusion. Besides, that is a fan site. People on fan sites, no matter what they are for, will always obsess over ever little details. That's why we are fans.

bunnyman

I am not complaining about the fence, I am just trying to understand why it is there. I have a hard time believing that they had always intended it to be there, so I am curious as to what lead to it's inclusion. Besides, that is a fan site. People on fan sites, no matter what they are for, will always obsess over ever little details. That's why we are fans.

Understood. Unfortunately, in today's society people spill coffee on themselves and then sue the store for serving them hot coffee. I am sure they never had any intention of having the fence there, but they most likely had to have a internal legal/compliance review of the site before letting the public in. A couple of things would come to mind, and they would be potential climbing and falling hazards, and compliance with A.D.A. So, the fence is most likely not there to protect people, but rather to reduce potential liability issues.

billw4

I'd just like to point out that theres looks to be enough room for a child to get between the fence and the giraffe cart so they would be able to climb onto the engine. This makes me feel like they planned this fence to be there

Ignohippo

Discussion boards are here for one reason: discussions.

I've never understood the logic in people complaining about other people complaining. If you have positive things to say, by all means say so. Everyone has a right to their opinions, good or bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom