Height balloons, this time between TTC and Contemporary

wdw71fan

you said it, not me...

can i still be stoned?

in all seriousness.. The system is likely to get major MODFICATIONS to the existing infrastructure in place. The entire system would be modernized (funny right?) and ALLOW for pilotless travel.. Management understands how popular the 'pilot' is and does not intent to remove them from the Cab.. but there are considerations to add automation to the trains to be used during the 'business' part of the system (moving trains onto the beamway, switching spurs, during override travel, etc)...

Why would ANY of this need a sightline study? Because they are STUDYING the feasibility of expanding the system further.. Including modifying 'concourse' to accept guests traveling to other destinations..

Don't shoot the messenger, don't stone me either.. it's a study, nothing more.. If it pans out, great.. if not... back to the shelf it goes.

Tom

Beta Return
you said it, not me...

can i still be stoned?

in all seriousness.. The system is likely to get major MODFICATIONS to the existing infrastructure in place. The entire system would be modernized (funny right?) and ALLOW for pilotless travel.. Management understands how popular the 'pilot' is and does not intent to remove them from the Cab.. but there are considerations to add automation to the trains to be used during the 'business' part of the system (moving trains onto the beamway, switching spurs, during override travel, etc)...

Why would ANY of this need a sightline study? Because they are STUDYING the feasibility of expanding the system further.. Including modifying 'concourse' to accept guests traveling to other destinations..

Don't shoot the messenger, don't stone me either.. it's a study, nothing more.. If it pans out, great.. if not... back to the shelf it goes.

I honestly believe it's a feasibility study for a resort there vs. the Poly way before I believe what you wrote above.

DisneyWall-E

you said it, not me...

can i still be stoned?

Wishes this would happen. The expansion and the modifications for safety. Not in that particular order.

jt04

Finally.....to which concept/hypothesis?

Just kidding, :drevil:

Seriously though, I really hope they are considering a reworking of MK parking, the TTC and even reconfiguring transport for the future. Just the simple fact that this could open up expansion areas for new resorts makes it worthwhile and likely cost effective.

IMO they need a better way of getting guests from their cars to the main gate. It might take several MIT grads to figure it out but I am convinced this is the key to the future of resort transportation. Sort of the pouring of a solid foundation to then build on.

Or they are installing some giant topiaries. :veryconfu

Bullee

Could it Be?

Does this not have anything to do with Disney Selling part of the waterfront property behind the CR to the Four Seasons Hotel, or the owners of that Hotel. They are building a Hotel that will offer more of the Luxury angle.

The Empress Lilly

Well I, for one, am worried by this.

SSLagoon was always going to be developed. But the original design allowed for plenty of unbuild space between hotels and facilities. There was space between the Poly and the TTC, space between the CR and the MK.

Lately, creeping 'sprawl' has meant there is now a continuous developed area from the water bridge below the CR the way to the monorail station at the MK, and all the way from the water to the north of the Floridian to the TTC. :hurl:

I want resorts in a natural setting around a lake, not Vegas in the tropics.

wdw71fan

just talked to someone who I trust, and in reality the aerial survey today was in regards to a project that will follow the floridian project... and NOT the transportation study that I orignally thought.

This project will make things more.... symmetrical near contemporary.

again.. This is R&D, not green-lit projects... Aerials were done in fantasyland nearly 5 years before FLE was announced. so don't expect to see back hoes soon..

PirateFrank

just talked to someone who I trust, and in reality the aerial survey today was in regards to a project that will follow the floridian project... and NOT the transportation study that I orignally thought.

again.. This is R&D, not green-lit projects... Aerials were done in fantasyland nearly 5 years before FLE was announced. so don't expect to see back hoes soon..

Symmetrical?

Hmmm.... CR Garden rooms getting whacked for BLTII?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Reading between the lines...are to we expect a south BLT?

Ugh...and BOOooo

Tom

Beta Return
Monorail expansion (or something similar)?

Yes, a very, very tall monorail station.

OP - can you screenshot a Google map and draw on it where the balloons were? You know, as a true WDWMagic member, you would have ridden around another complete loop just to get us these photos. Shame on you! :)

Tom

Beta Return
You guys sure this isnt for that new DVC at fort wilderness \ wilderness lodge?

The OP has not clarified where he saw the actual balloons. All he said was they were between the TTC and Contemp. This would only be related to something in that open area originally reserved for another resort on the master plan.

MaryJaneP

Seriously guys, WDW was just flying balloons before we run out of helium entirely for the planet and balloon flying becomes impossible. Nothing more! At least that is what the bus driver said.

MarkTwain

Reading between the lines...are to we expect a south BLT?

Ugh...and BOOooo

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure some insiders (Martin?) have hinted at this previously. IMO it's not the worst DVC Disney could come up with. If anything, it'll restore the balance and symmetry to the look of the Contemporary. I'd definitely take a south BLT over a Polynesian high-rise...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom