Roadworks near Magic Kingdom bus stop entry to cause possible delays on World Drive

raven

Lanes are so screwed up here. The right lane turning into the Contemporary is now also the lane to go straight. The straight lane is now the left turn lane. The left turn lane is blocked off. To add to the confusion, new directional arrows were painted on the ground but the old arrows remain. :brick:

Bolt

I drove it today - if you read the 50 signs leading up to the road, you will be fine. The problem is that everyone is a distracted driver and they miss all the signs and at the merge point get confused. Luckily, it shouldn't be a big guest intersection as anything pass that section is an Authorized Only section of the property.

maxairmike

I drove it today - if you read the 50 signs leading up to the road, you will be fine. The problem is that everyone is a distracted driver and they miss all the signs and at the merge point get confused. Luckily, it shouldn't be a big guest intersection as anything pass that section is an Authorized Only section of the property.

Until now when a bunch of guests trying to get to the Contemporary get confused by two sets of arrows and miss the intersection, and then start ogling at the roundhouse, Central Shops, and gum up the CM traffic. :lol:

Innkeeper's Club

Luckily, it shouldn't be a big guest intersection as anything pass that section is an Authorized Only section of the property.
Even though there is that "Autorized Only" sign when you go past the Contemporary it's never enforced by WDW security. We have driven behind the Magic Kingdom when going to the Winter Garden Shopping Village and when you re-enter WDW property from behind the Magic Kingdom coming back from Reams Road there is another sign which says "Private Property" that states anyone can drive behind there and they include WDW Resort Guests. Here is a picture of that sign to back up everything I said.

ReamsRoadsign.jpg

Plus considering there are homes that are across the street from the Cast Member parking lot of the Magic Kingdom, how are those people supposed to get back to where they live if they were visiting the parks and etc.

MaryJaneP

...Plus considering there are homes that are across the street from the Cast Member parking lot of the Magic Kingdom, how are those people supposed to get back to where they live if they were visiting the parks and etc.

Maybe the homeowners are "Authorized"? We have roads here that are closed except to homeowners that can access their driveways near the sign.

maxairmike

Plus considering there are homes that are across the street from the Cast Member parking lot of the Magic Kingdom, how are those people supposed to get back to where they live if they were visiting the parks and etc.

They would technically be expected to continue down Reams Rd. to CR535, then turn right on SR535/Apopka-Vineland Rd., turn right onto Hotel Plaza Blvd. and then make their way to the Magic Kingdom. Or continue up Reams into Windemere, work their way over to 429 and then continue onto property via Western Way or I-4 (directions in reverse to return home). Of course, I'm sure most don't do that, and probably also know of the convenient way to avoid the toll booths coming from that way.

Innkeeper's Club

They would technically be expected to continue down Reams Rd. to CR535, then turn right on SR535/Apopka-Vineland Rd., turn right onto Hotel Plaza Blvd. and then make their way to the Magic Kingdom. Or continue up Reams into Windemere, work their way over to 429 and then continue onto property via Western Way or I-4 (directions in reverse to return home). Of course, I'm sure most don't do that, and probably also know of the convenient way to avoid the toll booths coming from that way.
Then how do you explain the picture I posted where it says Walt Disney World Resort Guests on the sign going back onto WDW property from Reams Road and going behind the Magic Kingdom. Since I stay onsite would you not assume that allows me to drive there based on that.

COProgressFan

Then how do you explain the picture I posted where it says Walt Disney World Resort Guests on the sign going back onto WDW property from Reams Road and going behind the Magic Kingdom. Since I stay onsite would you not assume that allows me to drive there based on that.

Yeah, I've also noticed that sign (and the one by the warehouses off 535) also includes "guests" so I think you (and I, and every other guest who goes that way to avoid making a ridiculous 20 minute detour down 535 and back up World Drive) is covered.

maxairmike

Considering they don't have a control point, the sign is basically worthless, it's a basic deterrent to keep out nosy people who don't otherwise have a reason to be driving back there. They really don't want any guests ruining their perception of the magic viewing the backstage facilities, but it allows for lost guests and local traffic. Doesn't mean its the preferred route for those guests to take (especially since it provides a potentially free parking lot entrance), just that they can if they "need" to.

Innkeeper's Club

Considering they don't have a control point, the sign is basically worthless, it's a basic deterrent to keep out nosy people who don't otherwise have a reason to be driving back there. They really don't want any guests ruining their perception of the magic viewing the backstage facilities, but it allows for lost guests and local traffic. Doesn't mean its the preferred route for those guests to take (especially since it provides a potentially free parking lot entrance), just that they can if they "need" to.
I disagree that they don't want guests perception of the magic to be spoiled because they have a tour of the Christmas storage place past the Monorail service station. So if that was true why would WDW themselves offer a tour like that?

maxairmike

They can limit exposure on a tour they manage, and the total number is very small. Just like they prefer CMs refrain from telling the guests much about the utilidors, even though they offer a tour that goes through (a very small portion) of the utilidors. Its all about controlling the exposure to backstage, which the tours do. Guests wandering about and lost guests are "out of control" and can see more than intended. I'm sure if they thought it more practical they would gate it off and more closely control traffic back there, but the inter-resort traffic and the constant flow of CMs makes it a bit impractical.

I'm not saying it's absolutely off limits, but they would prefer guests not have unfettered access to those kinds of areas. That should be pretty obvious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom