Trip Planning With Free DDP.

real mad hatter

Ok,This is doing my head in. We always plan how much money we require for eating out at Disney but this year we are lucky enough to have the free DDP. The plan we have is the QS but have 3 ADRS booked also.What Iam trying to work out is how much would two adults and one teenager spend in one day on food,example,lunch,dinner,desserts,beverage,and snack.The reason I ask this is because I don't want to take a bundle of dollars,not spend them,then lose out on the exchange rate back home when I sell back.Typical Scotsman :ROFLOL:We are going for 14 days but if I can work out what I would have spent in one day I'll multiply that by 14. And the reason I take dollars,Altho I do use the key of the world card,is I don't want to come home and wait for the massive visa bill:lookaroun.Any thoughts on this please.:shrug:

Weather_Lady

I'd suggest pulling up the menus for your ADR restaurants and using the prices on them, along with your knowledge of what your family typically orders, to guesstimate what you might be spending (don't forget to add in gratuities). If you think you'll need to purchase additional beverages or snacks, you can find those prices online, too. Then add some extra money for a "cushion," or bring a back-up credit card.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Sorry.

I'd suggest pulling up the menus for your ADR restaurants and using the prices on them, along with your knowledge of what your family typically orders, to guesstimate what you might be spending (don't forget to add in gratuities). If you think you'll need to purchase additional beverages or snacks, you can find those prices online, too. Then add some extra money for a "cushion," or bring a back-up credit card.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Cheers,I should have explained better,not worried about my three ADRS,that's a separate budget.It's roughly how much would our party of three spend on 3 snacks,6 counter service,6 desserts,and 6 beverages per day.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I'm sorry, I misunderstood - although I'd still give the same advice: pull up the menus and crunch the numbers. I'd guess you're going to get totals of $35-$50 per counter-service lunch or dinner for 3 (with entree, dessert and beverage), around $5 per snack and $3 per additional non-specialty beverage.

Of course, if you have the QS dining plan, you won't actually need to bring any money for these QS meals, (only for additional snacks and beverages beyond the QS plan allotment) and won't be paying gratuities on them. (That's why my previous response was geared toward your ADRs - I thought you wanted to know how much $ you'd need to bring for the bills and gratuities on those meals, which would not be covered under your dining plan).

I did the same sort of thing when I was trying to figure out whether the regular dining plan was going to save my family any $$ -- once we had our ADRs fixed, I figured out what we'd spend if we were ordering normally, and then how much we were paying for the dining plan, which is far more food than we'd typically eat. I think it came out to an extra $5 per person, per day for the dining plan, which included snacks, desserts and beverages we'd ordinary skip or bring ourselves, so we're going to give it a shot and see how it turns out.

Upvote 0

tdpolo26

Upgrade to full dp and then don't worry about bringing money except for tips. Then u can do an extra sit down or two. It may save you a few dollars in the end.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom