Morning EMHs Questions

Wisconsin

Headed to the World first week of June, we want to try some morning EMHs. We've done the evening EMHs but never in the a.m. We are doing MK and Epcot, EMHs from 8-9 a.m., regular scheduled opening at 9 a.m. How does this work exactly? Is there a certain gate you enter or a wristband? Would it make any sense to get there even earlier, say 7:30 a.m.? If we still want to catch that "pre-opening" show in front of the train station at MK what time does that usually start? Any other tips?! Thanks in advance!!

real mad hatter

Go For It.

Well were early birds so getting up at 6.30 am is no problem.Have done the rope drop at all parks 7.30ish am .You enter the parks in the normal way thro turnstiles and no,you don't get wristband,there a thing of the past.You require either your park ticket or your Key/World card,simples.The MK in our opinion is the best rope drop show,do to speak,gets you in the magical mood.:wave:

Upvote 0
sorry for being a bit slow but if there aren't any wristbands how do they know that we are resort guests do they only let resort guests through the turnstiles? In other words do you need your ticket and key? :shrug: I have a funny feeling whilst writing this that I haven't fully read the reply properly lol

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Well were early birds so getting up at 6.30 am is no problem.Have done the rope drop at all parks 7.30ish am .You enter the parks in the normal way thro turnstiles and no,you don't get wristband,there a thing of the past.You require either your park ticket or your Key/World card,simples.The MK in our opinion is the best rope drop show,do to speak,gets you in the magical mood.:wave:

It's also now the only welcome show left.

Upvote 0

rotherad

sorry for being a bit slow but if there aren't any wristbands how do they know that we are resort guests do they only let resort guests through the turnstiles? In other words do you need your ticket and key? :shrug: I have a funny feeling whilst writing this that I haven't fully read the reply properly lol

You need your KTTW which only resort guests have and they don't let anyone in who doesn't have that with them so there is no need for a wristband or anything.

The morning EMH are definitely worth doing, especially to get on things like TSM or Soarin with less crowds.

Upvote 0

mjmyers10

Morning EMH is the best. Most people don't take advantage of it which makes it even better. With evening EMH, there are still lines because people are already in the park. At park opening, nobody is already there. Plus, you can be the first one to get fastpasses when the park opens to the general public because you'll already be there. Just make sure everybody in your party brings their room key.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I love the a.m. at the parks! And I love the a.m. EMH's but my DH is a late sleeper so he doesn't like when I plan them every day. So we compromise and usually do one a.m. EMH. We always do the MK rope drop as well. It is such a magical welcome! We also always make an early a.m. breakfast ADR at a MK so we are in the park before the park opens (and not on a EMH day). We can get photos in front of the Castle with no one behind you.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Headed to the World first week of June, we want to try some morning EMHs. We've done the evening EMHs but never in the a.m. We are doing MK and Epcot, EMHs from 8-9 a.m., regular scheduled opening at 9 a.m. How does this work exactly? Is there a certain gate you enter or a wristband? Would it make any sense to get there even earlier, say 7:30 a.m.? If we still want to catch that "pre-opening" show in front of the train station at MK what time does that usually start? Any other tips?! Thanks in advance!!

Interesting question. We haven't stayed on property since we got our annual pass. We've been staying at the Doubletree. In June we'll be at POR. so will we have to put both our annual pass and resort key through the turnstile to get in? I'm assuming it's more like after hours where you simply show your room key (card) and put your pass in the turnstile.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Interesting question. We haven't stayed on property since we got our annual pass. We've been staying at the Doubletree. In June we'll be at POR. so will we have to put both our annual pass and resort key through the turnstile to get in? I'm assuming it's more like after hours where you simply show your room key (card) and put your pass in the turnstile.

The pass goes through the turnstile, you show your room key to the CM.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Any attractions with Fast Passes that are open during AM Extra Magic Hour like Soarin will be available during this one hour, so if you have a better chance of getting the earlier return times and before they might run out of them on that day.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

They handle opening differently depending on how crowded the day will be...

On off-peak, they don't even do rope-drops anymore...they also often open 15 minutes early and just let you go directly to the rides.

On capacity days, they let you in 15 minutes before EMH opening, but you are held in rope-drop areas inside the parks leading to any major attractions.

Most of the opening shows are gone. On really really busy days, they might bring out a character or two to welcome you, but those organized "pre-shows" are gone, except for the MK.

Morning EMH are absolutely the best. By the time the regular park hours open, you will have already gone on every headliner attraction, or have fastpasses...which will return you early in the day, not late afternoon. That makes AK a true half-day park without skipping attractions....

Just one word of warning: even on off-peak days, the crowd to get into morning EMH will look enormous....don't let it put you off -- it disperses throughout the parks as soon as they open and you will be able to go from major attraction to major attraction efortlessly.

A second word of warning: Morning EMH are not the time to dawdle and sightsee...cover your attractions, and meander and relax later...

Get the Ultimate Guide to WDW 2012 for touring strategies to use in the parks....follow those EVEN with EMH....

Upvote 0

AEfx

Just make sure you are there as early as possible. If you aren't waiting outside for the rope drop, you might as well go to another park that day.

The popular psychology is this : if Monday is EMH mornings at MK, people naturally schedule that as their MK day. A large number of them, being on vacation and all, will oversleep - and not make it to the park until later in the morning, when the EMH morning benefit is already over. They still go to the MK, because it was their MK day already.

So as the morning goes on, that park is going to be more crowded as usual, because everyone goes there even if EMH passed, because it was what they planned on doing.

I usually figure spending the morning there, and heading out around lunchtime - if you go from 8AM to noon at MK, you can usually do all the major attractions, and then laugh as you leave the park for somewhere less crowded when Mr and Ms Sleepyhead and family are just walking through the gates and picking up a park map.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

We're staying at Pop. What time would the first bus in the morning leave from Pop to MK and Epcot when there is EMH?

The buses are running by about 6:30. The official line if you ask is 1 hr before park opening, but the buses run to get people there really early, and to get people to their character breakfasts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom