Newark airport info help

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
We're going to Disney World flying from Norway via Newark to Orlando. We arrive at Newark terminal B with SAS and leaving for Orlando from terminal C with Continental. I know we have to go through immigrations and custums, and that we have to pick up our luggage at terminal B and check it in again, but can anyone help me with a more detailed scenario? What do we do first, second, and how do we get from terminal B to C. Do we check in our luggage again at B or C? The works...
I like to be WELL prepared:animwink:

stuart

Been a while since we've done the B to C transfer.

Once your thru immigration you'll go thru and into the baggage hall, you'll pass the customs desk, hand in your white form and then there is a bit where you drop your bagws off for connecting flights.

If you arrive late, and cutting it fine for your Orlando flight, speak to one of the staff in the hall and say you have a connecting flight and they will let you skip to the front.

After this you pop up the escalator to get the airtrain round to terminal C. The airtrain runs every 3 minutes, and the time between terminals is about a couple of minutes. When you arrive at Terminal C you will have to go thru security, so dont bury the passports/boarding passes too deep in your bag. There are 3 security stations at terminal C, once you come thru you will see overhead signs with the gate numbers, and either in front or to the side will be a bank of screens with gate details for your flight. Check what gate your from as it often changes at Newark from what you'll get on your boarding pass issued at check-in. If you have time - and a pizza person - famiglia's pizza is amazing! Once at the gate keep an ear open incase they want you to confirm you're actually there, by showing your boarding passes at the gate desk. If the flight is full and they have standbys then they will often do this.

When you come home your bags should be checked through for both flights and will be a case of getting the airtrain back from C to B.

Never flown with SAS, but so long as its a pre-merger-Continental (as opposed to a pre-merger United, as United/Continental merged) aircraft you have for your Newark-Orlando flights you'll either get live TV for only $8 or an amazing on demand entertainment choice. Meals will be chargable so if you get a chance, grab something in the terminal.

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your help! It's great to know exactly how things work in new airports! We have 5 hours between flights, so I don't think we'll need to get in front of the line:animwink: However we do plan on having something to eat (pizza sounds great) and go look out all the "american" snacks we don't get in Norway:lol:

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
we're supposed to land around 9 pm. I wish we could get there earlier to get more disney magic on our very first day, but not to many flight options:(

stuart

Reason I asked was if you have your booking reference, log on to the united.com and see if you can select yourself seats on the right handside of the plane. The usual approach into orlando is landing from the north, and if your on the right handside, landing just after 9, look into the distance just as you come in to land and you'll be able to see the fireworks from Illuminations.

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
wow that sounds great! Thanks for the tip!!:sohappy: I will absolutely look in to that:) Sounds like the perfect start to our honeymoon:animwink:

LuLaSue

Miss Tinkerbell,

I noticed you have a 5 hour layover. Please don't leave the airport. It is my opinion that it is not a very good area.

Safe and happy Travels,
Susan

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
Thanks for the heads up:animwink: No we were planning on doing some airport shoping and getting something to eat. I'd be too stressed to go outside and then getting back in time for check in and security:animwink:

stuart

That is fine you are seated on the right. Like I said, the usual approach to Orlando is from the north, in which case - so long as its just at the back of 9 you should be able to see something. I just hope you do see something and you dont end up flying past to come back up to land from t he south instead.

And if there was ever an airport to spend 5 hours, Newark Terminal C is up there! Flown thru it many times, think very highly of the place.

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
so long as its just at the back of 9 you should be able to see something.

And if there was ever an airport to spend 5 hours, Newark Terminal C is up there! Flown thru it many times, think very highly of the place.

The ticket says 9.08 for landing time, so keeping my fingers crossed!

That's good to know:) Been in a few airports where 5h would be very dull...:brick:

stuart

You'll also see the sunset, depending how high you are and what cloud there is about. Normally there are storms down the east coast at that time which look smart when flying over them.

And yeah, you'll be fine with Terminal C - the new bit from gate 120 and higher is really nice and airy

SobchakSecurity

The ticket says 9.08 for landing time, so keeping my fingers crossed!

Just don't get your hopes up; Newark is infamous for delays, and since your flight is at about 6 pm, there's unfortunately a higher chance for things to go wrong somewhere on the East Coast during the day, causing chaos in the New York airspace.

So maybe you won't get to see Illuminations; maybe you'll get to see Wishes instead!

stuart

You'll sit for about half an hour or so waiting to take off, but this time is included in flight times as they pad out the schedules knowing you'll have a wait on the taxiway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom