Cinnamon roll - MS Bakery

dave&di

Original Poster
Hi guys, just a simple question!

I'm dying to try the Warn cinnamon roll at Main St Bakery, I've heard you can get extra frosting, I don't see the extra frosting on the menu, I'm wondering if it's just servers discretion ( a bit of a 'wink wink' situation) or is it an official thing you pay for?

I would hate to be denied, how humiliating it will be to be seen sobbing into my simple, plain cinnamon roll!!!

Pioneer Hall

If there is some on the tray that has dripped off and you want more they will just put some on. It isn't official and it really just all depends on what fell off the bun they are serving you.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just skip the roll all together. It is no longer the gooey delicious treat it once was. It is made differently now. Resulting in a dry, hard, mediocre snack.

dave&di

Original Poster
Just skip the roll all together. It is no longer the gooey delicious treat it once was. It is made differently now. Resulting in a dry, hard, mediocre snack.

I've be eating nothing but fruit, veg, wholemeal bread/pasta and other boring things to lose some weight for my Sept trip, I have not eaten a single fatty sweet item for 4 months, by the time I go to WDW it will be 9 months - even your description of it sounds lovely to me !!!!! I will take my chances, thanks! :ROFLOL:

Glasgow

I laughed when I read this - I didn't think it was physically possible to add more calories to this 'breakfast' treat .. I stand corrected! lol

chuckd3

Agree

I agree. The last one I got with my wife on Christmas day was terrible. It was dry and seemed to be stale. We threw it away.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I've be eating nothing but fruit, veg, wholemeal bread/pasta and other boring things to lose some weight for my Sept trip, I have not eaten a single fatty sweet item for 4 months, by the time I go to WDW it will be 9 months - even your description of it sounds lovely to me !!!!! I will take my chances, thanks! :ROFLOL:

Since when? I was there in February, and it was the same delicious roll it's always been.

I agree. The last one I got with my wife on Christmas day was terrible. It was dry and seemed to be stale. We threw it away.

Hmm...

They have definitely changed since maybe 2 years ago. They used to be baked ala Cinnabon, then brought out in the pan and scooped out. Now they seem to be baked almost individually, and brought out on a plate, already separated. It makes for a dry bun, no gooey insides, and a crisp, hardish outside. I tried two on my last trip, Nov 11, and they were both terrible.

dave&di

Original Poster
Hmm...

They have definitely changed since maybe 2 years ago. They used to be baked ala Cinnabon, then brought out in the pan and scooped out. Now they seem to be baked almost individually, and brought out on a plate, already separated. It makes for a dry bun, no gooey insides, and a crisp, hardish outside. I tried two on my last trip, Nov 11, and they were both terrible.

Oh dear, more posts are negetive than positive! I think I will give it a go, if I'm not impressed I'll try one at Cinnabon at IOA. I have a craving for a Cinnamon bun!!!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Oh dear, more posts are negetive than positive! I think I will give it a go, if I'm not impressed I'll try one at Cinnabon at IOA. I have a craving for a Cinnamon bun!!!

Luckily they don't force you to eat the whole thing once purchased. If you come away disappointed, then you can just chuck it. But don't give it to the ducks, ducks hate cinnamon.

SweetEvangeline

cinnamon roll

We had a delicious, warm, sticky cinnamon roll in September and again in December and will be partaking again this September. I can hardly wait. I don't know about the extra frosting, but we have never received one that seemed hard or stale. Strange.

dave&di

Original Poster
We had a delicious, warm, sticky cinnamon roll in September and again in December and will be partaking again this September. I can hardly wait. I don't know about the extra frosting, but we have never received one that seemed hard or stale. Strange.

That's good to know! I'm not fussy anyway, I'll still eat it!!!

:sohappy::sohappy:
That's good to know! I'm not fussy anyway, I'll still eat it!!!
I was just in WDW March 24th-April 4th. I had heard about this too and decided to see if I could plus a favorite breakfast/dessert. The first time I tried was around 1 am on an EMH night. The cast member looked at me with a puzzled stare and then scraped the hardend leftover frosting from the bottom of the pan. . .not so magicial. I left embarrassed and thinking this might just be one of those Disney urban myths=)

We ended up back at Main Street bakery at the end of the trip for breakfast. I summoned up my courage and tired again. This time the CM smiled, gave me a wink, and went into the back room. She emerged a few moments later with a fresh cinnamon roll covered in warm melted frosting. In fact, there was so much frosting it formed a little moat all the way around the roll!

So in short, it can happen but seems to be up to the descretion of the CM. However, if you are so lucky as to recieve the extra dose of magic on top of the already delicious cinnamon roll, it will make all your months of hard work and willpower deliciously worth it! Best of luck to you!:sohappy:

dave&di

Original Poster
:sohappy::sohappy:
I was just in WDW March 24th-April 4th. I had heard about this too and decided to see if I could plus a favorite breakfast/dessert. The first time I tried was around 1 am on an EMH night. The cast member looked at me with a puzzled stare and then scraped the hardend leftover frosting from the bottom of the pan. . .not so magicial. I left embarrassed and thinking this might just be one of those Disney urban myths=)

We ended up back at Main Street bakery at the end of the trip for breakfast. I summoned up my courage and tired again. This time the CM smiled, gave me a wink, and went into the back room. She emerged a few moments later with a fresh cinnamon roll covered in warm melted frosting. In fact, there was so much frosting it formed a little moat all the way around the roll!

So in short, it can happen but seems to be up to the descretion of the CM. However, if you are so lucky as to recieve the extra dose of magic on top of the already delicious cinnamon roll, it will make all your months of hard work and willpower deliciously worth it! Best of luck to you!:sohappy:[/QUOTE]

I'm dribbling! That's exactly what I'm after! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom