July in Dinsey

Annielkd

We are thinking of also going back in July. I've heard rumors that there are outrageous tour groups that month. Anyone know anything that will help me decide?

prberk

I love going in July. Crowds are generally moderate to high, but manageable. Rates usually go down after July 4, also.

Fireworks on July 4 at MK are awesome, also. (They also do the special patriotic show on July 3.)

Later in July is usually less crowded.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We have been down in July the past two years, and will be returning this year. Yes there are tour groups, and it is busy, but I find if you know this going in then its manageable. I know some people have had issues with them, but I haven't. I find no matter what time of year you go, there is always something going on. Whether its tour groups or Food and Wine, or the holidays. etc....

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Original Poster
Thanks... I've read on these threads how horrible it is. I went in August last year and thought it was sooo rainy. I thought July might be better. Crowds don't bother me. I don't even notice when people are rude. Generally, my husband does though.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

July ok.

This will be our fifth trip to WDW all in the month of July.Yes,our friends from South America are touring around,but not in my direction,and the 4th has a great atmosphere with fireworks and a big party feel.:wave:

Upvote 0

Disney61

We have been going in July for the past ten years now and have enjoyed every trip. Get to the parks early and head in the opposite direction of the tour groups... all will be fine! :)

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

It is just as rainy in July as August. Just be prepared. Plan around those afternoon showers. They don't last long. We are in a drought for the 2d year in a row and really need that rain. Only all day rain is when a system is coming threw. Crowds are bad around the 4th, but let up towards the end of the month. Have a great time!:wave:

Upvote 0

jmargarone27

Be aware that when it says 90 for the high temperature, you can add about 10 more degrees due to the humidity. Last year, we went for July 4th and stayed at GF. The guy that drove us to the room in the car said that the "real feel" was 106 but the actual temperature was 91. We spent a lot of time at the pool (which was awesome) and did the parks at night.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Original Poster
When we went in August the humidity was very high. The week I went it rained night and day. I just brought a poncho with us and as long as it wasn't lightning out we had a good time. It was really humid but the heat doesn't really bother me.

Upvote 0

The Empress Lilly

I've been in July. It's fine.

One does not always have the luxury of choice. I prefer the fall, but if I must go in the summer then I don't mind. Each season has its ups and downs. Summer has crowds, but long opening hours. Plus there are fewer refurbishments and off-season temporary closures.
I try to get my daily rides in early in the morning or late at night, and relax most of the remainder of the day.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Original Poster
We did that with our trip in April. It was my best trip yet. I wasn't rushed, I didn't feel stressed, and it was totally the best trip I've ever had. Up to this point we have been going through the motions. I'll actually be looking forward to going... when I've always been reluctant.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Quick Answer.

Heat,your joking,were from Scotland and we love the sun,we hardly ever see it.Rain,you mean the warm stuff that falls from the sky then stops like someone has turned it off,give me that back home,and last but not least,our tour groups,well they go one way,we go the other.As they say in Scotland " it's a doddle " .enjoy!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Original Poster
Too funny... I'm from New England... I never know what the weather will be. 40 one day, 90 the next. How cold is it in Scotland in the winter?

Upvote 0

JayCricket

July, some of the highest crowd levels of the year, except for Christmas/New Years, and the "Peak" season, rates are at their highest, it's hot & humid every day, and if it rains, it's not cooler for very long. Other than that, it's a great time to come.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Original Poster
I had to read this several times to find out if you were trying to be funny or not. Your post was very humerous. By your account, there isn't a bad time to go to Disney... great attitude!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Ccccccold.

Too funny... I'm from New England... I never know what the weather will be. 40 one day, 90 the next. How cold is it in Scotland in the winter?

Well it depends where you live.I stay in the most furthest south of Scotland and when it freezes outside,the birds stop flying.However in the north it gets so cold the wee bairns are running back from school wae icebergs fae their noseys.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

MagicKat103

Too funny... I'm from New England... I never know what the weather will be. 40 one day, 90 the next.

So true. I'm in CT. It was mid 80's a couple weeks ago. I have long sleeves on this week. No idea how to pack anywhere I go. :shrug:

I've been in July. It's hot..just make sure you stay hydrated. The rain showers are not that bad.. 15-20 minutes usually..

After our October trip this year and another in Jan of next year, we are back to summer trips, since we don't really want to take our oldest out of school too much. The big debate for us is July or August. I tend to go more towards August, just because the last couple weeks are not as busy as July (at least that I've noticed). :wave:

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Original Poster
Too funny... I'm from New England... I never know what the weather will be. 40 one day, 90 the next.

So true. I'm in CT. It was mid 80's a couple weeks ago. I have long sleeves on this week. No idea how to pack anywhere I go. :shrug:

I've been in July. It's hot..just make sure you stay hydrated. The rain showers are not that bad.. 15-20 minutes usually..

After our October trip this year and another in Jan of next year, we are back to summer trips, since we don't really want to take our oldest out of school too much. The big debate for us is July or August. I tend to go more towards August, just because the last couple weeks are not as busy as July (at least that I've noticed). :wave:

I went in August last year and I had a miserable time. I know that's hard to imagine at such a wonderful place... but, it wasn't good.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom