Starbucks at WDW - Opinion poll?

Are you in favor of Starbucks at WDW

• Total voters

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
So, now that it has been officially stated that Starbucks is coming to WDW, what is your vote?

I know there is already a discussion thread on this, but I was curious of the general consensus.

G00fyDad

care-o-meter-1.jpg

kap91

I voted no not because I'm necessarily opposed to Starbucks in the parks but because I'm afraid it might make the parks more Universal or Six Flags Like with a giant Starbucks logo sign hanging off of main street or Sunset Blvd. I'm opposed to outside branding in the parks. It they just serve Starbucks products but with a Disney like and themed location then I'm not as concerned. If they do it the way they've implemented Joffreys then it'll be fine. But if it's like the Universal implementation it's like the store just jumped into he middle of their backlit and it's not thematically coherent at all.

I am also afraid that it sets the precedent of bringing more outside brands into the park. Disney is supposed to be a place away from the outside world, I don't want my neighborhood mall making its way into the park.

Finally, I just hope the Starbucks don't replace some of my favorite places. For example, the writers stop. It seems like a prime candidate for conversion but I really hope they don't. I love the current ambience there, always fairly empty and quiet, lots of odd books I don't see other places, and a great pastry selection that Starbucks can't match.

So yeah, can't say I'm thrilled with the news but as long as they implement it well I don't think I'll mind too much.

Sans Souci

Wait and see for me.

I am OK with SBUX, not my favorite. I need to see what drinks they are serving up. I like Americanos and the occassional Iced Caramel Macchiato, but I make them at home.

I do like a like local coffee brand/cafe here, but the baristi are disaffected hipsters.

RonAnnArbor

Really?? Our five separate threads on this aren't enough we need a poll? Except for a small handful of people, you are going to find that there is almost unanimous support for this -- we don't need a poll...

The Empress Lilly

I voted no not because I'm necessarily opposed to Starbucks in the parks but because I'm afraid it might make the parks more Universal or Six Flags Like with a giant Starbucks logo sign hanging off of main street or Sunset Blvd.
:sohappy:

Please Disney stay classy don't turn into Universal.

Disney can serve S'ucks coffee the way it serves Coca-Cola. But not as a S'ucks location, not even themed like in Universal.
Come to think of it, I already find Coca-Cola's presence in the parks often annoying and intrusive.

MarkTwain

I am completely in favor of it. Not too often does Disney listen to fan requests and respond to them this dramatically. This seems to me like it could be only a step forward for guest experience.

rct247

I have a feeling it will be similar to the Eddy's ice cream partnership. You might find a Starbucks logo somewhere on or near the Bakery sign on Main Street, but it will be tasteful. I don't see them coming in and renaming entire shops and stands to Starbucks. After all, look at how McDonald's in the parks worked out.

TP2000

Y'all should read the Al Lutz column at Miceage from last week where he broke the news that Starbucks was coming to the Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe at DCA. This has been the hot rumor with Disneyland fans for weeks. http://miceage.micechat.com/mc/mc041812a.htm

But basically, this is what Al Lutz said about a week ago regarding Starbucks at DCA...

The first in-park Starbucks is now slated to open this June on Buena Vista Street with the re-launched Disney California Adventure. Starbucks will take up residence in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café, as an odd hybrid of a regular Starbucks and a Disney-run operation. While the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café (dubbed the Pig Café by Anaheim’s Foods group) will maintain all the great 1920’s theming and architecture already shown to the public, subtle Starbucks logos in rubbed brass and period-appropriate signage will be added near the entrance doors. It won’t scream Starbucks with green awnings and bright logos like your neighborhood location, but once anyone gets within sight of the front door they’ll be able to spot the logo and tell that it’s a Starbucks. (Now you know why Bob Iger decreed that the huge tree already planted in front of the Pig Café be moved over a few feet at big expense, as he knows this new corporate alliance needs to go well and the subtle Starbucks logos can’t be too hidden.)

Once inside the Pig Café, the restaurant will operate like a traditional Starbucks during the morning hours just after the park opens. It’s at that time of day that the four separate espresso machines each staffed by a Starbucks-trained barista will be going full blast (where most of Starbucks’ “big” stores only have two machines), and the refrigerated cases near the front will offer a selection of Starbucks own grab-n-go breakfast and pastry items. Later in the day the location will switch over solely to a Disney created menu for lunch and dinner options, while Starbucks espresso drinks will still be offered through park closing. Over a hundred seats at a few dozen tables inside and out at the Pig Café should soak up most of the lunch and dinner crowd, although it’s expected that the morning business will be mostly to-go orders as people stream into the park and head to Cars Land with their Venti Latte and Danish.

If I didn't know any better, Disney only released this rather vague press release about Starbucks today because of the Al Lutz story from last week. :lookaroun

But basically, they will be themeing this perfectly with the Buena Vista Street location in DCA when it's the first to open this June 15th. And I'm sure they'll do the same in the other Disney parks later in both Anaheim and Orlando when they finally get their own Starbucks locations.

CaptJapan

This feels like a smaller form of sponsorship, which could lead to Starbucks keeping its own upkeep of it's own themed Cafes.
Anything that involves an outside source of money keeping even a small portion of the parks tidy and maintained, is a good thing in my book.
As long as it doesn't disturb the theming of the parks. Main St. USA with a 1920's style Starbucks sigh? Sure!
Modern Starbucks sigh glowing near Splash Mt or Spaceship Earth?
No thank you.

LuLaSue

I voted yes! I do prefer D&D but, Starbucks is way better than the current offering.

I think Disney will do it right, I have faith.

dixiegirl

I voted no because I really can't stand Starbucks coffee. Now if it were DD....

LOL, spoken like a "true" RIer!!!
I could care, I mean I lke DD and I like starbucks.....BUt if I could bring my Keurig to Disney or they had one in the rooms instead of the regular Coffee pot, I'd pay for the Kcups or if there was a fee....But Eh if its there I'll drink it, I mean what the hell Starbucks is Expensive anyway so why not have one in disney....See if there's a price change being in WDW..

mjmyers10

I'm fine with anything that is not Nescafe. I would prefer DD or Wawa, but Starbucks will do. Hopefully they get something for the resorts too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom