Starbucks coming to Disney parks

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Other/Walt-...o-Walt-Disney-World-and-Disneyland-Resort.htm

Today, we’re excited to officially announce plans to bring your favorite Starbucks drinks and food items to all of our theme parks at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).
The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.

What do you think?

harryk

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Other/Walt-...o-Walt-Disney-World-and-Disneyland-Resort.htm

Today, we’re excited to officially announce plans to bring your favorite Starbucks drinks and food items to all of our theme parks at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).
The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.

What do you think?

Not much.... Prefer Dunkin Donuts

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can not see having Starbuck's in the parks as anything but a good thing. I am not much for Starbuck's straight coffee but I love everything else they have.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder how this impacts the current arrangement with Joffreys all over WDW?

dreamscometrue

This is great news. I'm not a huge fan, but people have complained for years about the Nescafe syrup coffee. The list of real coffee spots at WDW(Writer's Stop, Kona Cafe, etc.) has always been a sought after item, so giving people more choice besides Nescafe is a good thing. I never have a problem with providing people options. I may never go to a Starbucks, but I appreciate the fact that others love it, so making it available to guests is welcome news.

emcclay

Stoked! Starbucks will be a great addition to Disney Parks. :sohappy:

Better than DD who hires anyone and everyone. Can't forget the time I worked with a convicted pedophile. Talk about getting the heebie-jeebies! :hurl: Is it that hard to do a background check?

Jim B

Actually I'm bewildered that a premium coffee service/chain has taken so long to establish a presence at the Disney parks.....

captainkidd

I don't drink coffee, so I could care less. However, I am excited to see Disney looking more and more like Six Flags with national chains throughout the parks! Will they have free wi-fi as well? When can we expect Dairy Queen to replace all the ice cream carts???

Rasvar

I'm fine with this but what are they going to be charging? One coffee could be the equivalent of a number one on a dining plan. :drevil:

Skooterkid

At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles.

...because nothing transports people back to '1920s Los Angeles' like a cup of Starbucks coffee! :brick:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I don't drink coffee, so I could care less. However, I am excited to see Disney looking more and more like Six Flags with national chains throughout the parks! When can we expect Dairy Queen to replace all the ice cream carts???

Their Ice Cream is fine. Anybody who is a coffee drinker and has gone to the World will tell you that Disney's coffee is really, really, really bad and has complained about it. I think this is Disney responding by letting somebody take over.

We would complain if the Ice Cream wasn't good, and a name brand stepped up to the plate. This doesn't affect anybody except those of us who drink coffee, so it's a good thing.

Cmdr_Crimson

I can see a Fastpass for this already..:lol:
starbuckfastpass-1.jpg

captainkidd

Their Ice Cream is fine. Anybody who is a coffee drinker and has gone to the World will tell you that Disney's coffee is really, really, really bad and has complained about it. I think this is Disney responding by letting somebody take over.

We would complain if the Ice Cream wasn't good, and a name brand stepped up to the plate. This doesn't affect anybody except those of us who drink coffee, so it's a good thing.

Name brands are OK. In fact, they've always been all over the place. I guess if it's just Starbucks coffee, and not Starbucks Cafes, I'd be fine with it.

diddy_mouse

I don't know how I feel about it. :shrug: The knee-jerk reaction is "NOOOOOOOO!" Then I take a step back and think having one in DTD might not be as bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom