Hollywood Studios Expansion Choice

Turtle

Original Poster
If you haven't noticed I post a lot about a Disney's Hollywood Studios expansion. So if you were the main guy in charge of choosing which franchise of films gets an expansion, which would you choose?

So just post under which you would rather have.

1. Muppet Studios - Update Muppet-Vision 4D so that the show has different combinations. Add in a Gonzo C-Ticket cannon attraction (you are spinning inside a cannon). Take out Mama Melrose's restaurant and put in a Kermit puppet meet and greet inside.

2. Pixar Place - Relocate Pizza Planet, relocate Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor to Prince Caspian, a simple Up dark ride similar to Peter Pan (inside soundstage 1), retheme Honey I Shrunk The Kids to A Bug's Life with a Flik Meet and Greet inside (Animal Kingdom got rid of the Flik Meet and Greet), and a ratatouille café.

3. Star Wars Land (Undecided Name) - Star Wars Stunt show instead of Indiana Jones, replace Sounds Dangerous with a Yoda interactive talking thing (Turtle Talk with Crush but with Yoda), and Mos Eisley Cantina replacing the restaurant next to Star Tours.

So which one would you choose? And edits/other ride ideas are welcome too :)

MA Screamin'

O hai dere. :D

I'd do PP; it has the most potential in my opinion, because it a retrospective, Pixar releases movies faster than the two other choices, and let's say, if a Up restaurant is not a great attraction, it could possibly be changed; Star Wars is (somewhat) limited to those things, and the same with Muppets. And it has some great thrills. :)

or.....

I'd do Muppets; I just love them, I'm leaving it at that. :ROFLOL:

or.....

I'd do Star Wars Land, because it has a GIANT fanbase and it could bring some GIANT crowds, let's not forget it would be giving some of that love DHS needs. ;) Your Yoda ideas great, but just don't make it all SW, make it Lucas Studios instead, with the IJ stuntshow and maybe even a Temple of Doom coaster/tour, similar to the attraction at DL. That's beast, right there! :sohappy: But who's not to say you're great, too? :shrug::king:

Turtle

Original Poster
I'd do Star Wars Land, because it has a GIANT fanbase and it could bring some GIANT crowds, let's not forget it would be giving some of that love DHS needs. ;) Your Yoda ideas great, but just don't make it all SW, make it Lucas Studios instead, with the IJ stuntshow and maybe even a Temple of Doom coaster/tour, similar to the attraction at DL. That's beast, right there! :sohappy: But who's not to say you're great, too? :shrug::king:

I found the Yoda idea on an old forum so that is not mine lol.

comics101

I've contemplated this for a super long time as well. The park definitely needs an extreme make-over.

I really enjoyed this post from Theme Park Concepts Blog...
http://idealbuildout.blogspot.com/2011/10/disneys-hollywood-studios-2025.html

It's really great. I particularly like the rethemeing of Rock'n'Rollercoaster to a new Gangster Getaway coaster.

Only thing I'd change to these plans would be the addition of Toontown/Toon Studios instead of LotR (I was never a big fan of these films, maybe that's why :shrug:). Other than that, this is pretty perfect.

I came up with plans for DHS:Extreme Makeover a little while ago...

Hollywoodland
The first change I would make to the park would be to combine Hollywood Blvd, Echo Lake, Sunset Blvd, and Hyperion Ave, into one land. Much of Hollywood Blvd and Echo Lake would remain as they exist today, with the exception of the things everyone on these forums would do (Hat removal, GMR restoration, AIE replaced with the classic Superstar Television, etc).
The major changes to the front area of the park come to Sunset Blvd, beginning with the removal of the Farmer’s Market area to make way for an all new area, Hyperion Ave, dedicated to the one and only Walt Disney. Located on Hyperion Ave is a brand new full-service restaurant, Walt’s Place, with dining rooms dedicated to different stages of Walt’s career; The Hyperion Room, (20’s and 30’s motif; think Oswald, Early Mickey, Snow White, etc), The Features Room (50’s and 60’s motif; think Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella, Peter Pan, etc) and The Disneyland Room (1964 WF & Disneyland motif). Hyperion Ave is also the home of the Hyperion Studios, where guests will find the new location of an updated “One Man’s Dream” and a new omni-mover attraction dedicated to the early shorts of the studio, like Oswald, Plane Crazy, Steamboat Willie, the Skeleton Dance, and Flowers and Trees, etc.
At the end of Sunset, The Theatre of the Stars receives a new show, "The Magic of Movie Music", dedicated to Movie Soundtracks. The show would include a live orchestra, performing a medley of classic movie tunes in front of a massive screen playing clips of the film that corresponds to the score being played by the orchestra (does that make sense? :lol:)
Finally, the area surrounding Rock’n’Rollercoaster becomes an area dedicated to WWII Hollywood, including The Bulldog Diner (quick service) and Flight of the Rocketeer, R’n’R’s replacement, a flying coaster with an all new queue through Peevy’s workshop. The attraction would allow guests to fly alongside the Rocketeer during his first flight, with the ride featuring 1940’s Hollywood Scenery similar to the way Peter Pan’s Flight features London.

Oh gosh, All that and I don't know if I've even gotten through half o the park. I'm gonna need to post the rest later, but that should give you at least a taste of what I'd do with the park...

Turtle

Original Poster
I've contemplated this for a super long time as well. The park definitely needs an extreme make-over.

I really enjoyed this post from Theme Park Concepts Blog...
http://idealbuildout.blogspot.com/2011/10/disneys-hollywood-studios-2025.html

It's really great. I particularly like the rethemeing of Rock'n'Rollercoaster to a new Gangster Getaway coaster.

Only thing I'd change to these plans would be the addition of Toontown/Toon Studios instead of LotR (I was never a big fan of these films, maybe that's why :shrug:). Other than that, this is pretty perfect.

I came up with plans for DHS:Extreme Makeover a little while ago...

Hollywoodland
The first change I would make to the park would be to combine Hollywood Blvd, Echo Lake, Sunset Blvd, and Hyperion Ave, into one land. Much of Hollywood Blvd and Echo Lake would remain as they exist today, with the exception of the things everyone on these forums would do (Hat removal, GMR restoration, AIE replaced with the classic Superstar Television, etc).
The major changes to the front area of the park come to Sunset Blvd, beginning with the removal of the Farmer’s Market area to make way for an all new area, Hyperion Ave, dedicated to the one and only Walt Disney. Located on Hyperion Ave is a brand new full-service restaurant, Walt’s Place, with dining rooms dedicated to different stages of Walt’s career; The Hyperion Room, (20’s and 30’s motif; think Oswald, Early Mickey, Snow White, etc), The Features Room (50’s and 60’s motif; think Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella, Peter Pan, etc) and The Disneyland Room (1964 WF & Disneyland motif). Hyperion Ave is also the home of the Hyperion Studios, where guests will find the new location of an updated “One Man’s Dream” and a new omni-mover attraction dedicated to the early shorts of the studio, like Oswald, Plane Crazy, Steamboat Willie, the Skeleton Dance, and Flowers and Trees, etc.
At the end of Sunset, The Theatre of the Stars receives a new show, "The Magic of Movie Music", dedicated to Movie Soundtracks. The show would include a live orchestra, performing a medley of classic movie tunes in front of a massive screen playing clips of the film that corresponds to the score being played by the orchestra (does that make sense? :lol:)
Finally, the area surrounding Rock’n’Rollercoaster becomes an area dedicated to WWII Hollywood, including The Bulldog Diner (quick service) and Flight of the Rocketeer, R’n’R’s replacement, a flying coaster with an all new queue through Peevy’s workshop. The attraction would allow guests to fly alongside the Rocketeer during his first flight, with the ride featuring 1940’s Hollywood Scenery similar to the way Peter Pan’s Flight features London.

Oh gosh, All that and I don't know if I've even gotten through half o the park. I'm gonna need to post the rest later, but that should give you at least a taste of what I'd do with the park...

Okay thats fine but of Star Wars Land, Pixar Place (expansion), or Muppet Studios which would you choose? lol

comics101

OH I see what you're saying...honestly I'd say go for all three!

I'd probably start off with Muppets, adding in all of the elements discussed in the Muppet Studios thread, including an E-Ticket dark ride (could be Muppet Movie Ride or could be a totally new concept).

I'd then work on Pixar Place. Truthfully, I think Muppets and Pixar Place are interchangeable as far as when they are built, as long as more family friendly attractions and dark rides are added to the park. I'd probably add a C-ticket dark ride (Up or Wall-E), maybe a family coaster (M:I or Cars), but not much more than that. I don't think DHS needs a Carsland clone (the franchise isn't really worthy of an entire land in my book).

Twilight_Roxas

Fantasmic should get a upgrade with HD screens,Murphy the dragon and replace some of the scenes either in the bubble montage or princesses segment mist screen like with Aladdin and Jasmine,Aurora and Phillip,Cinderella and Charming replace or include Tiana and Naveen along with Rapunzel and Flynn.

TLRobben547

I would do the Pixar Place idea. Because I like the idea of replacing the HISTK playground into a Bug's Life area with a meet & greet area with Flik. And since I love Flik, I am praying for him to appear in WDW again for meet & greets. It would also be great if they had Princess Atta too!:)

Zman-ks

I would do the Pixar Place idea. Because I like the idea of replacing the HISTK playground into a Bug's Life area with a meet & greet area with Flik. And since I love Flik, I am praying for him to appear in WDW again for meet & greets. It would also be great if they had Princess Atta too!:)
75.gif

Pixar Place....I like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom