Little Mermaid soft opening labor day week?

jedimaster1227

Check out the following website and look at the itinerary for 29 Sept.

http://wdwcelebrations.com/celebration-30/tentative-event-schedule.html

That would make me think that the Little Mermaid ride could possibly be opening up some time in Sept.

Just to clear this up, we have The Little Mermaid on our tentative schedule based on the predicted timelines surrounding the next phases of New Fantasyland's openings, which were last expected for sometime this Summer. We have heard some reports that this may no longer be the case, but we are waiting for further confirmation before altering the schedule. We are not officially affiliated with Walt Disney World so our schedule should not be held as confirmation of any ride's opening. Based on the information we receive from the contacts we work with to develop out event schedules we will adjust our activities accordingly. If the ride is open, we'll be there to enjoy it! If not, there's plenty of other great things to do in the Magic Kingdom! :)

Yzma

Best guess ... no. I unofficially heard (through CM gossip) that it sounds like late Oct/early Nov for the B&B and TLM areas.

No idea if there's any truth to that... just wanted to share the "word."

I've heard from some people working on the project that it's going to be much later than expected. Without giving out any names or what they do, I can tell you that they are very involved with the project. I would imagine that if it doesn't open by early November, we won't see it until after Christmas. The idea of opening a huge new area to guests during the busiest weeks of the year (save for a short time during early December) doesn't make any sense.

I'm just hoping for Casey Jr before my next trip in June.

Weather_Lady

I've heard from some people working on the project that it's going to be much later than expected. Without giving out any names or what they do, I can tell you that they are very involved with the project. I would imagine that if it doesn't open by early November, we won't see it until after Christmas. The idea of opening a huge new area to guests during the busiest weeks of the year (save for a short time during early December) doesn't make any sense.

I'm just hoping for Casey Jr before my next trip in June.

Frau, when you say "much later than expected," do you mean "much later than the original forecast of 'late 2012,'" or "much later than the earlier-than-expected-summer-and-early-fall-dates everybody is hoping for now"? Just wondering if I should scratch some things off of my mid-October touring plans! ; )

Frau, when you say "much later than expected," do you mean "much later than the original forecast of 'late 2012,'" or "much later than the earlier-than-expected-summer-and-early-fall-dates everybody is hoping for now"? Just wondering if I should scratch some things off of my mid-October touring plans! ; )

It looks like nothing for late summer or early fall. My biggest concern is that predictions for "right before xmas" don't take into consideration that Disney doesn't open attractions right before busy times. So to me, based on what I've heard, don't expect anything until early November at best and more likely, it will be later than that.

I hope this isn't right, though.

Fable McCloud

My parents are headed down there in October, and honestly, I told them to not expect the new stuff to be fully ready. Disney's doing a lot at once, so it's really a matter of perfecting everything to get it ready. I'd say late November for Little Mermaid, but then again....we'll see, won't we.

I tihnk disney would suprise you honestly. they might be saying it wont be ready when it is. In sept ecpot is doing their 30th annverisary and than magic kingdom has their 40th. you think they have it planned around there to do a soft opening. you know fans will be disappointed if they come in the holiday season and it isnt opened. i think because some many ppl are antcipating it they are going to make an annoucement quick because they know be our guest will book fast!

Neverland

I've heard September from the rumor mill. Possibly October, but folks who are associated with the ride are telling me September. Probably late though.

BigThunderMatt

sorry i meant little mermaid was suppose to be agift for their 40th anniversary last year for magic kingdom, so it should be done soon

Um...no it wasn't. It was planned as part of the Fantasyland Expansion that was announced in 2009 which was NEVER set to open during MK's 40th year.

Where in God's name did you hear that crap?

Lee

Adventurer
Um...no it wasn't. It was planned as part of the Fantasyland Expansion that was announced in 2009 which was NEVER set to open during MK's 40th year.

Where in God's name did you hear that crap?
If I recall correctly, the Mermaid ride was first proposed about ten years ago or so, with an opening that would coincide with the 40th.

Obviously that didn't happen. FLE came along...

filmy3

Disney has announced that is to be open BY Christmas. Which can either mean two things: they'll open it in time for summer and everyone will be surprised at how fast they finished OR they'll open right before the Christmas celebration in Magic Kingdom to give all of the extra crowds something new to see.

arko

Disney has announced that is to be open BY Christmas. Which can either mean two things: they'll open it in time for summer and everyone will be surprised at how fast they finished OR they'll open right before the Christmas celebration in Magic Kingdom to give all of the extra crowds something new to see.

No what they said is, it will be open for the Holiday season, which is a vague term which can mean anything from October to December

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom