Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Looks like they may be printing maps in preparation

http://www..com/2012/04/09/test-track-as-it-will-appear-on-the-april-16th-epcot-park-map/

What a convoluted way of Disney not saying anything again. If I read that without any background I'd be thinking Disney was installing construction walls and tweaking the queue for a nearing closure.

Closure is not on the 10 day out list at TTC of closures at the 4 parks as of this morning, intrigue.

Epcot is known though for being odd with their closures. One day the Land was just closed for refurb a few years ago, no warning.

I've revised my arrival date of the 15th to swing into Epcot, Test Track and onto the MK. My full day at Epcot is the 16th, timing. I'm not a fan of intrigue. ;)

wdw71fan

I said it pages ago in this thread.. I call tell you 100% without a doubt test track will be CLOSED on april 16th.. the 15th is the last day of operation for quite a while..

I don't care what some headset jockey at CRO told anyone.. it's closing.. thats it.

Closing for 5 months, 1 week, and 4 days.

Captain Chaos

I said it pages ago in this thread.. I call tell you 100% without a doubt test track will be CLOSED on april 16th.. the 15th is the last day of operation for quite a while..

I don't care what some headset jockey at CRO told anyone.. it's closing.. thats it.

Closing for 5 months, 1 week, and 4 days.

Just playing devil's advocate here (we all know TT is closing after close of business April 15, well, all of us except one or two LOL), but, weren't you the same person who told us Adventurer's Club was being bulldozed in March, yet, here we are in April and the club still stands??? :)

Just busting ya chops... I wish we would get details about the refurb though...

wdw71fan

Just playing devil's advocate here (we all know TT is closing after close of business April 15, well, all of us except one or two LOL), but, weren't you the same person who told us Adventurer's Club was being bulldozed in March, yet, here we are in April and the club still stands??? :)

Just busting ya chops... I wish we would get details about the refurb though...

Not that I recall? I did mention that we would hear something about the replacement around the Shareholders meeting, and that did NOT happen.. so I'm willing to take my lumps... I have been unable to determine WHY it wasn't announced, perhaps they are waiting on a 23 event.. I can tell you that from my understanding, What is happening with PI will VERY much tie into the transportation discussions in other threads..

Annielkd

Because I got desperate to find out this answer, I had my husband call his boss's sister, who also said it's closing on Monday. I guess if you know someone you can ask them. This will be my last post in here... I wish you all a nice time! Thanks for listening.

Is it just me, or is that a weird description? Has Disney ever stated more on the maps about refurbs/expansions other than "Closed for refurbishment. Opening fall 20__"?

Personally, I didn't think TT needed any sort of "reimagining" at all except just a good refurb to plus it a bit and clean it up. Don't they already have this sort of ride with Sum of All Thrills? What kind of lines can we expect if we have to "design" our ride first? And how are they going to be able to "custom make" the ride track to your choices? All of this in less than 6 months? It took how many years to build the thing initially? Seems to me GM was willing to throw more money at Disney if they did something new with the ride, or otherwise pull out--even though it was a year or so ago that they renewed the deal. Perhaps this change was in the contract initially?

Because bankrupt Kodak can't do anything for Imagination, and sponsor-less WOL stays empty. Also without a sponsor, UOE probably won't see an update in a long time, either. Perhaps the lack of a sponsor for The Seas is the reason why we still have the corpse of Seabase Alpha with Nemo stickers all over it? I know the sponsor debate is an ongoing one, but these are just my rhetorical wonderings.

Gregoryp73

Not that I recall? I did mention that we would hear something about the replacement around the Shareholders meeting, and that did NOT happen.. so I'm willing to take my lumps... I have been unable to determine WHY it wasn't announced, perhaps they are waiting on a 23 event.. I can tell you that from my understanding, What is happening with PI will VERY much tie into the transportation discussions in other threads..

It was announced on the same calendar they use to explain the refurb schedules of WOL and Imagination :lookaroun

G00fyDad

Is it just me, or is that a weird description? Has Disney ever stated more on the maps about refurbs/expansions other than "Closed for refurbishment. Opening fall 20__"?

I believe there is so much mystery around this refurb, or at least a lack of confirmation by Disney, because EPCOT is run a little differently than the other parks. I mean EPCOT relies a lot on sponsorships and those sponsors may have something to say about the disclosure. Or I could be completely wrong with that. LOL

Personally, I didn't think TT needed any sort of "reimagining" at all except just a good refurb to plus it a bit and clean it up. Don't they already have this sort of ride with Sum of All Thrills? What kind of lines can we expect if we have to "design" our ride first? And how are they going to be able to "custom make" the ride track to your choices? All of this in less than 6 months? It took how many years to build the thing initially? Seems to me GM was willing to throw more money at Disney if they did something new with the ride, or otherwise pull out--even though it was a year or so ago that they renewed the deal. Perhaps this change was in the contract initially?

By using the same tech as they already have in place for Cyber Space Mountain. And as for the lines, they will likely have all of that at the end of the re-imagined ride itself. You ride the ride and where they currently have the exit spot they can place the "build your own ride".

Captain Chaos

Could have sworn it was you.. it it wasn't my apologizes..

Tom Morrow

I think Test Track did need some updating - for example, it acts as if anti-lock brakes are a new and emerging technology, but it has been a standard feature for years. Stuff like that.

I'm glad its being re-imagined, but the descriptions don't give me too much hope. I can't help but picture riding through now-gutted, darkened scenes with nothing but cool lighting and screens to look at. Oh, and forced interaction because its THE FUTURE OF THEME PARKS (notice how Forbidden Journey or the re-do of Spiderman have nothing interactive and nobody complains?)

Basically I'm fearful of Test Track becoming the SSE descent on an entire E-Ticket scale.

aladdin2007

[/B]I think Test Track did need some updating - for example, it acts as if anti-lock brakes are a new and emerging technology, but it has been a standard feature for years. Stuff like that.

I'm glad its being re-imagined, but the descriptions don't give me too much hope. I can't help but picture riding through now-gutted, darkened scenes with nothing but cool lighting and screens to look at. Oh, and forced interaction because its THE FUTURE OF THEME PARKS (notice how Forbidden Journey or the re-do of Spiderman have nothing interactive and nobody complains?)

Basically I'm fearful of Test Track becoming the SSE descent on an entire E-Ticket scale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too, they will run out of money half way and not finish, or reopen it still not finished, thats TDO. And then were stuck with it for ten years etc....Well anyway hopefully that doesnt happen here this time, maybe this sponsor too will be more on top of it and care more, than say Siemens.
ps: I dont know why the bolded and above didnt quote over correctly. I thought I did it right.

invader

Yeah me too, they will run out of money half way and not finish, or reopen it still not finished, thats TDO. And then were stuck with it for ten years etc....Well anyway hopefully that doesnt happen here this time, maybe this sponsor too will be more on top of it and care more, than say Siemens.
ps: I dont know why the bolded and above didnt quote over correctly. I thought I did it right.

Yeah, I don't think GM whose trying to re-brand Chevy as a true, pure American built-tough brand would allow that to happen. It would be a media disaster.

~ Built tough? That runs too deep! ~
FD

yeti

NO THAT'S THREE DAYS BEFORE MY TRIP HOWLL I BREAK IT TO THE LITTLE 'UNS

looks like i'll have 2 spend our vacation dollars somewere else, if disney keeps making, these, half%$%!&*&! desisions 2, close rides during one, one of the most busiest times of the year*

mark my words, guest relations will hear of this autrocity!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::fork::fork::fork::fork:

;)

*/while I happen to be going

Annielkd

looks like i'll have 2 spend our vacation dollars somewere else, if disney keeps making, these, half%$%!&*&! desisions 2, close rides during one, one of the most busiest times of the year*

;)

I think they know, expect it... and don't really care.

nor'easter

;)

Here ya go Yeti. Confirmed in the Orlando Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...ot-test-track-closes-20120410,0,6501871.story

Be careful Yeti. Someone here might think you are serious.

celluloid

if anyhting with the information they give being so weak I would predict it being more of a refurb with a re-branding rather than a re-imagining.

New queue thematics and set up premise, but I don't think much in the ride will really change all too much.

At least there is hope that the things will work and or look really sharp again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom