The Engaged at Disney World Club

Mulan

Recently Engaged at WDW

My boyfriend proposed to me at the California Grill last Saturday. It completely blew me away. We were on the balcony watching Wishes!

I'm definitely going to write a letter thanking the Cast Members for making our engagement so special.

~ 11/12/11 ~

Tink ッ

I haven't gotten engaged yet, but me and my boyfriend has talked a bit about it and he's admitted that he wants us to get engaged in WDW, as it'll be a special memory. It was going to be a surprise though, but he didn't manage to keep it quiet :p I agree that it'll be a nice memory though, even if I know (don't want to have a public proposal or anything), and it'll be so great to celebrate it in WDW :D

jp19ml13

Wishing Well Proposal

Walt Disney World is pretty much where it all began for us 6 ½ years ago (another story in its self!) We planned on using our tax return for a trip in the fall. During the planning of the trip, he sat me down, looked me in the eyes and said "I don’t want to get your hopes up for a proposal; we really can’t afford it now", I believed him and was just excited to go back with him! We get to the resort and it down pours! So we take a couple hour nap from the early flight. It’s done raining when we wake up and we decide to go to Magic Kingdom. On the bus to the park I could tell he seemed distracted. We get to the park and it’s beautiful and breath taking, just as it is every time we go. The theme this year is “Let the Memories Begin” and little did I know this trip was going to be filled with surprises and many great memories I will cherish forever!
We go on a few rides, then walk up the path next to the castle and see Cinderella’s wishing well and thought this would make a great photo op. A quiet but beautiful secluded area. Well, as secluded as it was, all the rest of the people walking by seemed to get the same idea as us! We decide we are getting hungry and walk to the front of the park because we also wanted a picture of the main "Let the Memories Begin" sign on our way out. All this time of course I don’t realize he is looking for a place to propose! Again it is crawling with people, and him not being much of a center-of-attention person, he decides he's not so hungry and wants to check the wishing well again. I get a little ticked because we are doing so much back and forth and I just want to enjoy the park. So we get to the wishing well and it was finally clear, he sets up the camera for a timed picture and I not realizing he actually set it to video. He starts it, walks over and grabs my hands. He begins by telling me how much he loves me, then reaches to his pocket, gets down on one knee and asks “Will you marry me!?” Tears running down my face I almost tackle him to the ground with such a big hug and say “Yes!”
All this excitement on the first day made for a trip that I will never forget! Needless to say the rest of the trip was just as exciting everyday!

GoochDSA

You can add us to the Engaged at Disney World Club as well.

I proposed to my now fiancee just after we got into our room at AKL-CL this past October. I had ordered a basket and floral arrangement from Memories By Betsy (she was FANTASTIC to work with, I can't speak highly enough of her). It was waiting for us in our room when we got there (a perk for staying CL). The basket was Halloween themed. It had Jack and Sally (NB4C is her favorite movie), sitting in a Mickey trick or treat bin, with one of those light up ghost lanyards. It was our first time to WDW durring Halloween and our first MNSSHP and such, so she didn't really think much of the basket. It took her a couple of minutes to get the wrapping off of the basket, which was really frustrating for me to watch since I was sitting there with my hand on the ring box in my carry-on from the plane. So, anyway, after she finally gets the wrapping off the basket she has the goll to start playing around with the Jack and Sally plushes and ghost lanyard... again, really frustrating. So finally I told her to see if there were any treats in the Mickey treat bin. She put her hand in the bin and pulled out a 5" glass slipper. I told her to read what it says. The slipper was engraved with "Let's Live Happily Ever After". She turned back to me, looking slightly confused, and I was on my knee with the ring out.

It completely caught her off-guard, which was my goal.

Keybdis

I’ll add my story. This happened almost three years ago, February of 2009 to be exact. My Fiance, Liz, and I had already pretty much decided we were getting married, but I had never really officially proposed. A friend of mine told me “every woman deserves to be proposed to” and those words kept echoing in my head. Liz and I actually met through Disney, kind of. I was a single father and I took a vacation to Disney World in 2006 with my two young children. We had a great time, we came back and I quickly started planning our next Disney vacation. I got one of the many Disney discussion boards (not this one unfortunately!) and asked a couple questions. I got an answer from someone and noticed the responder was from Michigan as well, and was a Single mother. We started emailing back and forth, and eventually talked and then met. We actually planned to be in Disney at the same time the following Fall (2007) and by 2009 we figured out we were going to get married and combine our families. We planned a spur of the moment weekend trip to Disney, just the two of us, and I figured this would be my chance to propose. What better place than Disney? I ran through different options, places, and situations, and I figured out what I wanted to do: Cinderella had actually played a big part in our relationship. We both were quite hardened to the idea of a relationship after many years of raising kids by ourselves. Liz was actually a bit loathe of Cinderella’s story. (I don’t need any man to make my dreams come true, etc. ) But Cinderella’s story of never giving up hope eventually won out, and actually Liz and I both realized we were more than friends at a dinner at 1900 Park Faire in Fall of 2008 during a family vacation. So, I want to propose at 1900 Park Faire and I want Cinderella to help me do it. Only problem is we don’t have reservations, and they are booked solid. We show up at 4:00 when they open and ask if there is any way we can get in. To our surprise they seat us right away, and I anxiously await Cinderella’s arrival at our table. Now the only problem is Cinderella has no idea what I am about to do. Cinderella arrives at our table, and I go into my narrative about how she is my favorite storybook princess, but in the real world we have to find our own Princesses, so I wanted my storybook princess here when I asked my real life Princess to marry me. Liz broke down, cried, said yes, bedlam ensued and all was good! Cinderella handled the whole thing exceptionally well. She must have expected something because she was positively unflappable. She calmly recruited another guest to take a picture of us, and made sure we had everything we needed before she moved on to the next table.

I know this is not your typical proposal and many people may think having Cinderella help you do it is a little corny, but it was absolutely perfect for us and was the start of our Happily ever after. We have celebrated our Anniversary’s there ever since and Cinderella has always made our visit special in some way.

Rachael83

A picture says a thousand words :)
n69200637_33341902_1907.jpg

jikobean

My DH proposed at the gazebo (sea breeze point) on the boardwalk in 2004; there were benches then. Immediately after I said yes, you could hear the fireworks from IllumiNations. We have a great picture with one of the fireworks going off just behind us. It was truly magical!

Goofygirl07

My fiance proposed to me at Chef Mickeys on July 12, 2010!! He proposed right as Goofy was at our table since he is my favorite character. We will be honeymooning at WDW and on the Disney Dream in April!!

cball086

question

how did you send and invitation to mickey

i proposed to my wife in the rose garden late at night during EMH. i pretended to tell the photopass operator how to work our camera but was really preparing her what i was about to do and told her to just keep snapping pictures. got some pretty good shots.

some advised (for the guys anyways), i kept a journal for about 3 months before i proposed, occasionally writing what my plans were in proposing, how i picked out the ring, how i secretly got her ring size, etc. she LOVE IT and it's something to go back and read every anniversary. Likewise she wrote in it as well right after. Something special to look back and read.

Also just for fun we sent an invitation to Mickey and got a signed picture of mickey and minnie saying congrats. Another reason why Disney is #1 with us.

nolatron

Proposed to DW at the boardwalk in 2005 while sitting on the balcony one afternoon. I wanted to do it in the Magic Kingdom but could never find the right time/place where it wasn't crowded. So the balcony won.

The following year we got married at Sunset Point at the Polynesian.

Figment82

Yay! I can officially join this awesome club. :) My boyfriend completly surprised me last night with a proposal at Sunset Pointe. We're locals, so that afternoon he casually mentioned that he had made reservations for Kona, and that we should go over early to take photos of the sunset. We walked over to the hill, down by the water, and while I was distracted he went down on one knee. It was perfect, since it was very private and there was a gorgeous sunset. Plus, we had a mini fireworks show from Dream Along with Mickey immediately after I said yes and was getting over my shock. It still really hasn't hit me yet! :)

Disneydreamer23

My husband asked me to marry him on my fav ride peter pan while we were on the ride got engaged sept 2010 and married here in chi and honeymooned there for 2 weeks in oct 2011

powlessfamily4

My son and future daughter-in-law. They were engaged on March 6th during Wishes. Disney saw it go down and arranged for some special pictures.

picture.php

Billy6

I became a member last year June 15th! I proposed to my then girlfriend at the Italy pavilion, near the lagoon...I set up a "video shot" on one of "Venice" bridges for me and her to speak to my DD6 , who wasn't able to come with us last year. I had my sister hold the video camera and we said hi to my daughter and then I grabbed her hand, kissed her, whilst reaching in my pocket and went down to one knee... She was very surprised and began to bawl, and so did I :cry: It was a great experience and I couldn't have picked a better place that WDW, to do it... Our first vacation together was to Disney World and I fell in love with her there....

SulleyanBoo

Got proposed to at All Star Sports. Complete surprise but the best surprise of my entire life. We wed March 2013 :D

Btw, I am LOVING all these stories! Congrats to all!

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
My wife and I had been discussing getting married for a while and what type of diamond ring she would like. We hadn't talked about any sort of time table, just that we wanted to get married.

I finally came up with enough money for the type of ring that I thought she would like and that I would be proud to see on her finger. It took a month of searching and I finally found the diamond I was looking for in the price range I had set. It was a .75 ct heart shaped diamond. Because she is a nurse and has to wear gloves all the time, I wanted to have it set in an inlay so that there wouldn't be any sharp edges to tear the gloves. I had the jeweler make a custom setting of white gold with the heart shaped diamond and two .25 ct round diamonds on each side. (There is a reason I'm going into detail about the ring, hang with me)

At the time I worked for an airline and we would go down to WDW for a long weekend about every six weeks or so. She had never been before we met and she was quickly become a Disney nut like me. It took about a month for the ring to be made. In that time I booked us another trip to WDW and worked on getting together with her parents before we left so I could ask her father for her hand in marriage.

About a week before we were due to leave she started discussing rings again and tells me that she saw someone with a heart shaped diamond and didn't like it. :eek::cry: I already had this ring custom made! :brick:

I couldn't go back now so all I could do was hope she would like this one. I asked her father the night before we left and we were all set to go. We were staying at CBR and the first night we had reservations at the Hoop de Doo Review. I planned on popping the question on the dock at FW at sunset.

After checking in we headed over to MK to take the boat over to FW. We had plenty of time so it was decided to go to WL and have a drink (liquid courage). While we were there it started to get cloudy and sprinkle off and on. I didn't want to be standing on the dock in the rain so I decided I would have to do it soon and find a closer location. I suggested we walk around the property of WL. WE checked out the lobby, the pool area then made our way down the path to the dock. That's were I pretended to stop and look at something in the bushes and acted like I was reaching for my camera. I dropped to a knee and proposed there on the path. She said yes, obviously, then we headed over to the HDDR for dinner. During the show when then ask if anyone is celebrating an anniversary. I told them we had just gotten engaged. There was no one else so we got to dance to "Let me call you sweetheart." all by ourselves.:kiss:

Oh, and she loved the ring. Or at least that is what she tells me. :D:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom