Living with the Land

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
I was at Epcot in February and we got on the Living with the Land Ride. When we got near the farm house I heard the dog barking but noticed he was missing, anyone else notice??

powlessfamily4

I was there the second week of March and the dog was missing at that time. I think another thread may have covered it. I seem to remember commenting on it then. Poor dog must be at the vet. :)

The Empress Lilly

Bring back the dawg!

This is now Disney's maintenance problem number one. I don't care about the Yeti or Splash showboat chickens. I want my dog!

MerlinTheGoat

Yet another shameful sign of removed or broken show elements, i'm not getting hopeful it will come back anytime soon since its been out for so long. But sadly, it's just par for the course with how WDW is run. This is one of my favorite remaining rides at Epcot too (i'm not even kidding, it's so peaceful and relaxing). I'm so sad and disappointed that The Disney corporation has spread their mismanagement of broken or removed show elements to this ride as well. You get a good look at this scene too. :hurl:

I hope Spirit's sig indicates some sort of positive change regarding WDW, and hope it happens soon. WDW needs it desperately.

The Empress Lilly

This is one of my favorite remaining rides at Epcot too (i'm not even kidding, it's so peaceful and relaxing).
Last time I went, LwtL was easily in my top five of favorite Orlando rides.

It's tranquil, relaxing. A boat gently floating along beautiful show scenes, then along curious plants and foods. What's not to like? Classic EPCOT.

(Yes yes, the live narration and the symphony of the seed intro are gone. But the ride still feels intact. Well perhaps not anymore without our dawg.)

MerlinTheGoat

I've been on the original Land ride a couple of times. I only remember it a little, so i rely on Martin's videos to recollect. I definitely miss the live narration, and the original song was catchy, but other than that i think the newer version is still quite great. I actually like the extended rain forest scene a bit better, that's such a peaceful and pretty beginning. While i really like the original song too, i REALLY like the new music as well, very ambient and well suited for the mood.

I wish they would bring the live narration back with a real person in the boat. And they could find a place to put the Listen to the Land song (i think it would go rather well as a song for a new movie in the theater upstairs). But all in all, i really don't mind the changes to the Land ride much at all. I find the newer version more relaxing than the original at least. It's much more intact than all the other rides in Future World. Perhaps that's a reason i love it so much. I hope they don't tear it down. It has rarely had a line when i went (though they usually didn't have much trouble filling the boats, it seems pretty efficient).

Just fix that dog already.

Scuttle

Yet another shameful sign of removed or broken show elements, i'm not getting hopeful it will come back anytime soon since its been out for so long. But sadly, it's just par for the course with how WDW is run. This is one of my favorite remaining rides at Epcot too (i'm not even kidding, it's so peaceful and relaxing). I'm so sad and disappointed that The Disney corporation has spread their mismanagement of broken or removed show elements to this ride as well. You get a good look at this scene too. :hurl:

I hope Spirit's sig indicates some sort of positive change regarding WDW, and hope it happens soon. WDW needs it desperately.

Add it to the list. It's so sad that this is how the once impeccable maintenance crews have gone by the wayside. I want my old WDW back!

MansionGoer13z

The Dog went to kill some pests in the field. But I do hope he comes back soon. Last time I was at Epcot, I rode this ride by myself, and its now probably my new/old favorite ride at Epcot because its so relaxing. Anybody been on the Land's behind the scene tour? Is it worth it?

J03Y

i've only been twice, once when i was like 4 or 5, and my second to last visit to Epcot. i thought the barking was just background noise Dx

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I actually prefer the recorded spiel over the live narration. It used to be hit or miss when it came to the tour guide. Most of the time I prefer live over recorded, but in this instance, I like the recorded spiel better.

I miss the dog too...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom