New FL Restrooms / Walkway

Tom

Beta Return
Some trees should have been cut down, but the slash and burn we've seen has gone a bit overboard, personally. The hub is oppressively hot, and could use some more foliage.

It won't happen, but it would make the place look nicer.

Animal Kingdom has more trees than any other park, and it's the hottest park.

There is a place for trees, and a place for clear sightlines. For me, I prefer an unimpeded view of the castle from anywhere on Main Street or around the hub.

It's a hard balance to find though - in Disneyland there seems to be more trees, but less visibility for fireworks.

Yes

WDW1974

I find MK hotter than DAK.

There's just one difference and that is all the AC show buildings you have at MK.

The massive slaughter of trees at MK has been nothing short of disgusting. They have transformed a beautiful park into a hot, massive, plasticy, concrete jungle.

And none of the excuses about seeing the castle better are valid. They are simply excuses or none of the MK style parks would have trees.

Who cares, though? I'll be in Paris soon enough and they still have trees there!

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

Rob562

I find MK hotter than DAK.

There's just one difference and that is all the AC show buildings you have at MK.

The massive slaughter of trees at MK has been nothing short of disgusting. They have transformed a beautiful park into a hot, massive, plasticy, concrete jungle.

And none of the excuses about seeing the castle better are valid. They are simply excuses or none of the MK style parks would have trees.

Who cares, though? I'll be in Paris soon enough and they still have trees there!

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

I'm not sure what you see, but I see a few scraggly trees and a whole lot of open nothingness...

ParisHub.jpg

(Yes, there's tress off in the background, but those are outside of the Hub)

-Rob

StAug WDW fan

Walkway

I remember way back when they had the skyride was in that spot. It was a great way to get from one end of the park to the other. I am however looking forward to the walkway. The area between Peter Pan and Small World can be such a choke point. Hopefully that new walkway will reduce some of the traffic.

JungleTrekFan

I'm not sure what you see, but I see a few scraggly trees and a whole lot of open nothingness...

ParisHub.jpg

(Yes, there's tress off in the background, but those are outside of the Hub)

-Rob

Am I the only one amazed by the fact a good portion of Disneyland Paris is on Google Street view.

Back on topic, This path will be a nice way to handle the crowds. MK needs more paths to just disperse people and get away from the crowds when its busy (like the Tomorrowland to Storybook Circus path or the river walk in Frontierland)

jmuboy

Original Poster
I agree the removal of trees in the hub was TERRIBLE.

But trees are coming in the FLE. Plus the new FL/LS pathway will be landscaped with a cliffside waterfall and trees. It will grow in as well. I don't hate the MK for being tree barren, only its HUB. I know portions of the "OLD FANTASYLAND" areas are tree free due to the Utilidors.

jt04

Interesting.

Interesting footers going in next to the HM show building.

Interesting how close the boat landing is to TSI. How easy it would be to either build a bridge to TSI or just connect it by adding dirt. There is enough space for a new 'land' on TSI if they choose. I would gladly lose the riverboat for a new land. They could even adopt ES's idea of running the boat between FL and FW/FWL. With nextgen on the way these type configurations become feasible!!!

Sorry my imagination ran lose there.:eek: Back to the topic, the area looks potentially great! Very optimistic,

And thanks Scott!

Gregoryp73

Interesting.

Interesting footers going in next to the HM show building.

Interesting how close the boat landing is to TSI. How easy it would be to either build a bridge to TSI or just connect it by adding dirt. There is enough space for a new 'land' on TSI if they choose. I would gladly lose the riverboat for a new land. They could even adopt ES's idea of running the boat between FL and FW/FWL. With nextgen on the way these type configurations become feasible!!!

Sorry my imagination ran lose there.:eek: Back to the topic, the area looks potentially great! Very optimistic,

And thanks Scott!

I really hope they do some type of stone entrance into FL from HM...Looking at those pictures, it would be kinda weird to have that old entrance just jut out like you are walking around a wall...Maybe the footings by HM are the start of a support for some type of stone archway? They could easily blend it with HM.

Atomicmickey

Thanks for the pics. Really helps me put the whole thing into perspective for the first time!

I will be interested to see what they do to hide the showbuildings.

I'm a big fan of the transition between FL and LS through the little tunnel,
but I understand why this is happening, and don't mind, so long as the
tunnel remains.

Rob562

Thanks for the pics. Really helps me put the whole thing into perspective for the first time!

I will be interested to see what they do to hide the showbuildings.

I'm a big fan of the transition between FL and LS through the little tunnel,
but I understand why this is happening, and don't mind, so long as the
tunnel remains.

The hill that's being built, as well as the presumed multi-story restroom building, should hide it for the most part. If anything, you might be able to catch a peek at it if you look down the alleyway at the proper angle, but that was the case before this project started.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom